Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alfaalex101 said:
Hey man, this brew has really saved me a lot of time
gbasp.gif
but can you PLEASE make it so you can dump multiple disks in one go? If I dump a GC game it will put it under 0.bin, then when it's done if I choose to dump another GC game in the same go, it will overwrite the first dump and write the second game as 0.bin once again! So I got to keep running back and forth which isn't too convenient when one has a 8gb SDHC card. Now, I don't want to be one to BITCH about it because you really have made a great piece of software but could you please fix that little thing? Please? Many thanks.
yaypsp.gif

Already suggested earlier in the thread =P

Core2uu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nice app. I've successfully dumped a lot of my Gamecube games using a 2GB SD card. I went out and bought a 4GB SDHC card today. So I tried to rip my copy of Mario Kart Wii but SuperDump crashed at 59 seconds. The card was formatted to FAT32. I tried once again with having it formatted to FAT and it crashed at 54 seconds this time (perhaps due to the faster transfer rate there is for some reason with FAT).

Anybody know what the problem could be?

Also, I've tried to dump with my 2GB Cruzer Titanium USB stick but SuperDump crashes at 5 seconds with 16,384 bytes transferred. Anybody know what's up with that?

Core2uu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
pm_41 said:
Can you add a "Dump via WiFi" feature (like the one that's in wankinko's dumper)?
smile.gif

This has already been covered like 10 times if you had bothered to read the thread. >_>

Short answer is, he is NOT adding Wifi, because Wii's wifi transfer is capped at around 500kbps which totally defeats the purpose of SuperDump, which is FAST ripping. If you want to rip via Wifi there are already many dumpers (like Waninkoko's for example).

emupaul

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Core2uu said:
Nice app. I've successfully dumped a lot of my Gamecube games using a 2GB SD card. I went out and bought a 4GB SDHC card today. So I tried to rip my copy of Mario Kart Wii but SuperDump crashed at 59 seconds. The card was formatted to FAT32. I tried once again with having it formatted to FAT and it crashed at 54 seconds this time (perhaps due to the faster transfer rate there is for some reason with FAT).

Also, I've tried to dump with my 2GB Cruzer Titanium USB stick but SuperDump crashes at 5 seconds with 16,384 bytes transferred. Anybody know what's up with that?

Nice maybe i should have read more about it or tried it myself but i didn't realize this could also dump GC games. Looks like ill be busy...

tueidj

I R Expert
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Core2uu said:

Does the disc-only benchmark run without crashing? Seems strange that it would crash for both SD and USB dumping.

Core2uu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I just tried the output device benchmark on my Cruzer and SDHC and I got "Error Reading Sector Data" error on both. I didn't try with my 2GB SD card because my brother stole the wiimote and took it to his friends' house. >_> I'll run more benchmarks and post back.

ringorinfret

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Core2uu said:

isnt it the limitation of fat32 to a max filesize of 4gb ?

Core2uu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ringorinfret said:
Core2uu said:

isnt it the limitation of fat32 to a max filesize of 4gb ?

That's correct. Which is why the maximum part file size on SuperDump is 3072MB

Core2uu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's fixed! Hooray!

The rest of my story: So when I get my Wiimote back I tried dumping again using my 2GB SD Card (which I know has worked fine before). And then, it too, crashes. I'm like WTF?!?!?! And then, I wonder would happen if I launched SuperDump with HBC instead of BootMii. (Yes I was using BootMii to launch SuperDump all along).

So I made the appropriate folder, file renaming etc. to make it launch with Homebrew Channel. I launched it with HBC... and so far no crashes!!! ^^. Zelda TP (Wii) is dumping at the moment. Hella fast, I should mention too. Looks like this first 3GB dump will be done in under 16 minutes! I'm using my 4GB SDHC Card now.

TRM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to bump this, but, how do I turn a .bin file into an iso? I want to test the dump in Dolphin.

rickz0rz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TRM said:
Sorry to bump this, but, how do I turn a .bin file into an iso? I want to test the dump in Dolphin.

If you dumped the entire 4.38GB part (for Wii SL), just rename it from 0.bin to [whatever file name].iso

If you dumped multiple parts, you need to join them first, and in the process you'll name the joined file [whatever file name].iso

TRM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rickz0rz said:
TRM said:

If you dumped the entire 4.38GB part (for Wii SL), just rename it from 0.bin to [whatever file name].iso

If you dumped multiple parts, you need to join them first, and in the process you'll name the joined file [whatever file name].iso
Then I guess I have a bad dump, or Dolphin isn't compatible with X-Men: Legends.

jjn13

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VAmpForgotten said:
well im trying to dump my copy of rb1 and it keeps saying "error loading sector data"
wtf..?

help please.

QUOTE(TEC36 @ Jul 21 2009, 01:55 AM) Read up, friend. This was already covered.

I have the same problem but with another game. I cheked all the last pages and theres one link to Tim.Ashley blog and in there it doesnt specify the problem.
I put the superdump.dol file in the apps folder with a superdump folder and change the superdump to boot... it read everything fine in usb1 and then occurs the reading error sector. Is there an Ios i need for it to run?.... a file of the requirements would be good if it aint too much trouble, thanks

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-