Hacking SuperDump

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
I dumped a GC game and got 1 file named xxxx.bin (approx 1500mb).

Can I just rename it to xxxx.iso and then burn it, or do I have to convert it somehow?

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
Bug report:

When dumping an GC disc and the character at disc offset 0x06 is not NULL it is added to the destination file name. The problem is, that this character is most an control character that is not allowed as file name. superdump will hang after trying to write the image.

Possible solution: Replace in your snprintf() call "%s" with "%.6s"

@Muyfa666: Yes, rename it or use a better burning program that allow other extensions.

x_r3ap3r_x

Trophies
XP
Wiimm said:
Bug report:

When dumping an GC disc and the character at disc offset 0x06 is not NULL it is added to the destination file name. The problem is, that this character is most an control character that is not allowed as file name. superdump will hang after trying to write the image.

Possible solution: Replace in your snprintf() call "%s" with "%.6s"

I have also had this problem with the second disc of resident evil disc 2. Disc 1 dumps fine but when i go to dump disc 2 it causes an error due to a character that isn't supported in file names.

Black.Pearl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
It would be great if there could be used FAT32-USB-devices with superdump.
Then you will be able to dump a gamedisc in one part.
Is it possible for you to release it, too? ;)

RODIFIRE

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
hi
this is a dump programe for our original games disk to iso right?
I was remeber years before a same dump problem that I was conect the Wii with my pc with a broswer and I was download directly to my pc the game.
after years I cant find this program and I dont find in my Wii too...
can someone help me and tell me if this program or some other can dump to my pc with WI-FI conection?
thanks for your time

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
hi
this is a dump programe for our original games disk to iso right?
I was remeber years before a same dump problem that I was conect the Wii with my pc with a broswer and I was download directly to my pc the game.
after years I cant find this program and I dont find in my Wii too...
can someone help me and tell me if this program or some other can dump to my pc with WI-FI conection?
thanks for your time
AFAIK, FTPii will allow you to do that. You run it on the Wii with the disc inserted, then use an FTP client on your PC to connect to it, and it should show the disc, navigate to it and there should be an ISO; copy that to your PC and wait for it to do it's thing, and you're done.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte