Hacking SuperDump

joda

Trophies
XP
Country
Zhelkus said:
I wanted to dump disc 2 of The Matrix for GameCube but the disc ID has a weird smiley character which I think prevents the application from opening the disc... anybody encountered a bug like this?
It's known. Use SuperDump 1.2 for that game. That version doesn't rename the images to discid, but just calls them 0.bin, 1.bin ... and so on.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Lately, I always get "Disc ID error" when I try to dump a disc. Is it because I have cIOS38 rev17b installed? I know it worked on rev 13b.

pirreli1

Trophies
XP
Country
India
hey guys could you help me , when I dump to a sd card , i should be getting 3 .bin files but i get 3 .iso file ..... can anyone please help me FAST!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
pirreli1 said:
hey guys could you help me , when I dump to a sd card , i should be getting 3 .bin files but i get 3 .iso file ..... can anyone please help me FAST!!!!

THANKS IN ADVANCE

so your saying the app is suppose to be dumping to .bin but its dumping to .iso or its dumping to .bin but your PC is picking the files up as disc images but your thinking all disc images must be .iso because thats what they download as................................
ph34r.gif

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since this thread got bumped I might as well check this problem I ran into yesterday.

When trying to SuperDump 1.3 I kept getting USB error, device not found even though I tried multiple USB device and double checked them to make sure they are working properly in my pc.

They formatted to Fat32, is that the problem? Pretty sure that is what I used last time but I may need NTFS?

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Muyfa666 said:
Lately, I always get "Disc ID error" when I try to dump a disc. Is it because I have cIOS38 rev17b installed? I know it worked on rev 13b.

Sorry for the bump, but I just tried to actually downgrade to rev13b and it worked flawless.

Anyone know what's the problem with rev17b?

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just found out that Superdump didn't dump a 1:1 dump of my retail Brawl disc. When I tried to extract some of the contents (the thp movies) of the disc they returned blank, full of garbage or full of zeros (in hex).

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the disc so I tried to extract from the dump made by CFG Loader and it worked perfectly. Why is Superdump's dump not accurate? Is there a cIOS hiccup on my system?

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Digital1980 said:
since this thread got bumped I might as well check this problem I ran into yesterday.

When trying to SuperDump 1.3 I kept getting USB error, device not found even though I tried multiple USB device and double checked them to make sure they are working properly in my pc.

They formatted to Fat32, is that the problem? Pretty sure that is what I used last time but I may need NTFS?
What cIOS do you have? If it's rev18 or higher you need to hex edit the file (instructions are in an earlier post).

I had this issue occasionally when I had rev13... A temporary solution I used was open the hard drive in VBA GX, and then it worked. (Perhaps it was the IOS reload?)

QUOTE(Zhelkus @ May 26 2010, 01:54 PM) I just found out that Superdump didn't dump a 1:1 dump of my retail Brawl disc. When I tried to extract some of the contents (the thp movies) of the disc they returned blank, full of garbage or full of zeros (in hex).

I thought that maybe there was something wrong with the disc so I tried to extract from the dump made by CFG Loader and it worked perfectly. Why is Superdump's dump not accurate? Is there a cIOS hiccup on my system?
I had no problems viewing the THP files in WiiScrubber from my dump. What cIOS/SuperDump combination do you have?

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
What cIOS do you have? If it's rev18 or higher you need to hex edit the file (instructions are in an earlier post).

I had this issue occasionally when I had rev13... A temporary solution I used was open the hard drive in VBA GX, and then it worked. (Perhaps it was the IOS reload?)

Thanks for pointing that out Dialexio. I forgot I had done that before. I'll bookmark this.

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dialexio said:
I had no problems viewing the THP files in WiiScrubber from my dump. What cIOS/SuperDump combination do you have?
I'm using Superdump 1.3 (with the hex vaules already correctly modified) and cIOS19 or X -the latest one from Waninkoko-. Should I backstep to Superdump 1.2? The working Brawl image I made with CFG USBLoader was with hermes 222 because I'm running everything from a FAT32 partition. Oh and the method I chose to dump in Superdump was directly to USB fyi.

Digital1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
now that I think about it, I dont' think the rips with superdump 1.3 actually worked when I tried to launch them with my favorite usb loader.

Wiimm

Developer
Trophies
Website
wiimmfi.de
XP
Country
Germany
I have a problem to dump my SSBB. I have tried it two times, settings: DL, 1536/2074 MiB to SD.

Both times I get an invalid dump. Important for me are the Channel partitions. I need them for experiments with WIT. Any suggestions?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Wiimm said:
I have a problem to dump my SSBB. I have tried it two times, settings: DL, 1536/2074 MiB to SD.

Both times I get an invalid dump. Important for me are the Channel partitions. I need them for experiments with WIT. Any suggestions?
What cIOS/IOS are you using? Waninkokos rev19 creates true 1:1 Dumps, all other cause either a not working dump, or not a true 1:1 Dump. Maybe that's your problem...

If that won't help, maybe you could try CFG-Loader to dump your game to a .wbfs-File (use the integrated Configurator to set it to an 1:1 Dump). Hope that this helped, if not, I'm sorry, that's all I know...

JuggaletteENJ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for the noob question, but what is this program for? I have wbfs manager...will it replace that?

And on a quick side note, is there any way to play my gamecube games from an external HDD on my wii?

Thanks
yaywii.gif

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a program you launch on your Wii to dump your official Wii and GCN discs. Very useful if you have a library of games on either system that you want to archive.

muffin

Trophies
XP
Country
hi i have got a portable seagate usb drive and tried what is posted in post 1 and all i get is that unable to initialize drive although i can benchmark the drive but it seems to perfear sd card insteat of usb any ideas how i can solve this please thankyou

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?