SuperDump

By tueidj, Jun 25, 2009 133,185 291 2

1. Originality

Originality Chibi-neko

tueidj, that would exclude pretty much everybody after GenX, or at least anybody too young to remember the days of Win3.1 or earlier. Surely the Wii was designed for these youngun's more than for the displaced and forgotten "wizards" of society?

nubecoder, you gave far more than I expected, so cheers [​IMG]. Personally I just copy/paste the same line each time I try to combine files, which works fine for me, but I'm sure there are lazier people than I who will really appreciate your program.... or complain for it to have more features... some people can never be satisfied >.>

For the FAT32 size limit thing, if you can find any drive with around 5GB of free space, FAT32 or otherwise, you can try to repartition that 5GB to NTFS (resizing and formatting functions). PartitionMagic doesn't seem to like resizing FAT32, but I'm sure there's a partitioning program out there that will do it. Or you could always get a 8GB flash stick for about £10 or thereabouts.

On the other hand, if you're not the most techsavvy person, you might want to avoid partitioning programs incase you accidentally format the entire drive...

2. BenieUK

BenieUK GBAtemp Regular

Yer all mine says done at 99% also so i par2 checked the dumps against the same dumps i made with Rawdump and they were 100% the same, so it looks like it is dumping the whole disc.

3. tueidj

OP tueidj I R Expert

Due to laziness the percentage counter doesn't get to 100%, but if it says it's done and doesn't report an error it means it worked. Some people with modchips have reported they get an error near the end of the disc, I don't know why but it goes away if you temporarily disable the chip.

4. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you have a modchip installed (particularly a Cyclowiz or Wasabi) this may be the cause. Are you getting "Error reading sector data" messages at 99%?

It seems that these modchips may be preventing the Wii from reading the last few sectors of the disc when using disc dumping apps. This is not 100% confirmed, but I have experienced this issue and I have come to the conclusion that it is my Wasabi Zero that is causing it.

5. fogbank

fogbank GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If you are not getting "Error reading sector data" messages then you're fine.

I do receive the error messages, my discs stop dumping at 99%, and the dumps are not the same as those made with RawDump.

Even using Waninkoko's DVD dumper, which does not report error messages and creates an ISO of the correct size, the dumps are not the same. The last 4k is repeated multiple times at the end of the image.

As already stated this problem appears to be related to having a modchip installed.

6. eddieg511

eddieg511 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I am going to use SuperDump to get an ISO of Rock Band Wii, cuz i don't like pirating. So say if i ended up with 10 .bin files cuz its a 4.5 GB game, i would type that into Internet Explorer?? I do not have DOS because i don't have that old of a computer. I have a Vista 64-bit. So i think i type this command into Internet Explorer, or do i type it into Run?? Also, do i follow that exact format, with spaces and all, so when i combine the bin files, it should have a space between the copy and /??

Also, I gotta a USb Harddrive, and i rather dump the Iso to there because i have a huge amount of space. do I need to download any usb loader or anything just to get superdump to dump the .bin files to the harddrive??

Please response!

Thanks.

7. rednano12

rednano12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Here are step by step instructions to combining the files.

Move all the bin files on to one location on your hardrive. Remember the path to that place (ex. C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\RB1) or whatever folder you put it in.

Then open up command prompt (Terminal for Mac, and your linux terminals will vary).

For Windows, cd to the directory the bin files are in, then type in copy /b 0.bin+1.bin+2.bin out.iso Add as many X.bins as needed. out.iso will be the final file.

For OSX/Linux, cd to the directory the bin files are in, then type in cat 0.bin 1. bin > out.iso Add as many X.bins as needed. out.iso will be the final file.

I do agree with tueidj though. Command Prompt should be required for everyone to know the basics of. Incredibly useful.

8. eddieg511

eddieg511 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    hey rednano thanks that was really informative. now i know how to combine the files, but im still confused on how to open to command prompt on my computer. I have a XP and a Vista, and i don't know how to access the command prompt.

thanks.

9. eddieg511

eddieg511 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    k i found out lol. but

Do i have to install anything on my wii to get the wii to read the hardrive i plugged in my wii and have superdump dump the bin files to the harddrive??

10. rednano12

rednano12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Nope. I believe you don't need to.

11. Dialexio

Dialexio GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The Command Prompt comes with every flavor of Windows. Go to the Start Menu > (All) Programs > Accessories and you should see it. [​IMG]

You can also access it by pressing Windows-R, typing in "cmd", and hitting OK.

12. eddieg511

eddieg511 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks you guys i found it. Now all i have to do is get homebrew channel. do you think having superdump and RawkSD will brick my Wii? that's the only thing i will use using the HOmebrew channel, and im scared about bricking my wii.

13. rednano12

rednano12 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Shameless bump.

Also, no, unless you do something really stupid (delete all IOS or something like that) the chance of you bricking your Wii is slim to none.

14. eddieg511

eddieg511 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    yeah im only gonna use superdump and rawkSD for homebrew, so i guess im ok. Thanks guys.

15. Lookie401

Lookie401 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hmm... I seem to have a problem using the app. It says error mounting SD/USB even when the SD card is in or the USB HDD is plugged in both ports (not at the same time of course). I also tried using cIOS v9 to v13b and still no luck.

Yes, I tried different SD and SDHC cards and USB HDD including my iPod. Do I need to install something else for it to work?

EDIT: Oops. It says error initializing SD/HDD. I don't think it matter on the word... right? >_>

16. ijsblokje

ijsblokje Newbie
    Newcomer

Belgium
    Hi, i want to use superdump to dump my original wii game to my usb HDD i connect to the wii, but I want it to dump at USB 2.0 speed. I want this so i can burn backups of my original games to a blanc DVD, so my drivekey can play them.

I have a virgin wii system 4.0e, hardmodded with a drivekey.
    I installed the homebrew channel with the bannerbomb method just now and loaded Superdump v1.2, i can select SD and USB but i cannot select USB2...

What steps do i have to take so i can select the usb 2.0 speed ?

Thx in advance !

17. rugbyboy14

rugbyboy14 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    guys,
    i
    I'm only getting usb 1 support and it os taking abut 4 hours to dump to a kingston 8gb mem stick, is that too slow?
    please advise
    thanks in advance

18. alfaalex101

alfaalex101 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey man, this brew has really saved me a lot of time [​IMG] but can you PLEASE make it so you can dump multiple disks in one go? If I dump a GC game it will put it under 0.bin, then when it's done if I choose to dump another GC game in the same go, it will overwrite the first dump and write the second game as 0.bin once again! So I got to keep running back and forth which isn't too convenient when one has a 8gb SDHC card. Now, I don't want to be one to BITCH about it because you really have made a great piece of software but could you please fix that little thing? Please? Many thanks. [​IMG]

19. 9th_Sage

9th_Sage GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    USB 1.1 is a good deal slower than USB 2.0, so that's probably not unusual. [​IMG]

20. TEC36

TEC36 Member
    Newcomer

Canada
    I must be REALLY stupid...
    But what disc type is Rock Band 1 for Wii?

Thanks.

(My earlier posts were mostly for a friend)

EDIT:...Is there supposed to be something that stops mid dump to tell me of a DSI Exception?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - SuperDump,