ROM Hack Summon Night X ~Tears Crown~ Translation

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is ur guess dude :)
kalil how can i help for translate ? i can translate some night speaks or in game dialogues
pm me

Japanese to English translation?
If so, the first step is always well, knowing Japanese. Which means no googley, machine-translated butchery.
Second step would be, better English. Examples:
"Your" instead of "ur".
Ending your sentences with punctuation.
"Kalil, how can I help with the translation?" instead of "kalil how can i help for translate".
"I can translate some in-game dialogue." instead of "i can translate some in game dialogues"
I'm not even sure what "night speaks" is.

Better grammar is always a plus.

Without either of those, you won't be much help and will be doing more harm than good.

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah... " you " right i know a little bit english but sometimes i use bad sentence. Look , you see my wrongs.so i have to stay away from this job ;) Thanks

kalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
actually i have no problem with google translator (let me finish before start throwing stones)

well we all probably used google translator at some point and saw how that turn out
but its is kinda useful if you use to point in which direction the sentence is going.

also google transalotr can get 1 or 2 words right and if you are lucky is exacltly the word that makes the sentence loose meaning

so yeah google translator is a good support tool (just dont use it as your main translator)
as for me im translating by using google translator, the plugin rikai-kun on chrome and the site jisho[dot]org that is dictonary for kanjis

as for the english dont worry about it
like i said before we are translating and then we will pass it to someone make the revison of the english thats why i was asking for the other members of the team

i have the translation for the dialog boxes from chapter 1 and 2 saved in my PC

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cocaine is bad for the brain. There is so much wrong with your post.

You probably shouldn't use google translate for "support" in a translation and expect good results. It's just silly. It's a machine translator, not a dictionary.
Rikai-kun/Rikai-chan and a dictionary won't tell you jack diddly squat about grammar. Vocabulary yes, but most certainly not grammar. They nor google will tell you how to translate a "-たい", ”-たら", ”-たり", "-なくちゃ", "-なきゃ", "-んだ" or any other sort of form. Google can't even translate "-だ" properly. No machine translator will translate grammar properly and expecting them to or even relying on them is silly.

A word in Japanese can have more than one meaning so I'm not quite sure what you mean by "loose meaning". Machine translators will give you whichever meaning of a word and it probably won't be correct depending on the context. Japanese is all about context. Machine translators can't read context. "One or two words" means nooooothing in sentences, because even google can get a sentence with one or two words wrong.

Example:
"あれ、電話……
宇賀神からだ。"

Normal translation:
"Oh, a call...
It's Ugajin."

Google's translation:
"That, phone ......
Ugajin body."

"あれ、電話……" is only two words and google did not get that right.

Another example?
"ごめん。今日は無理なんだ……"

Normal translation:
"I'm sorry, today won't be good..."

Google's translation:
"I'm sorry. It's not unreasonable today ......"

Google translated it as the exact opposite of what the sentence is saying.

Google Translate can't even translate an attack in Summon Night X correctly.
It translated "カミカゼ斬り"(Kamikaze Slash) as "Kamikaze Kill".
It also translated "メルヘンベル" as "メルヘン Bell". Didn't even completely translate it.

And those are only two words.

I could go on and on but instead, I'll just link you to a post Densetsu made in the Densetsu's Translation Toolbox thread.

And it's not "Kanjis" it's "Kanji".

muhendis100

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hm.. what is you're idea ? really must know japanese or have a good program for this ? You're know google translation not only one translate system.

porkiewpyne

Report-er
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As Phoenix Goddess said, you can't quite directly translate languages like Japanese and Chinese to English. I can't quite say how this holds against other languages. All Google Translate does is replace words with one word (or fragment of a sentence) with its immediate translation. For things like "電話", it probably did not translate to "electostatic speech" because of how common it is used to mean "phone". But once you reach things like "カミカゼ斬り", it will definitely goof up bad.

And then, there's grammar. So yea.

Hm.. what is you're idea ? really must know japanese or have a good program for this ? You're know google translation not only one translate system.
We know. But what else are you going to use? Babelfish? O___o
And yes. You do need at the very least, a decent grasp at the language since there is no foolproof translating program/software atm afaik. And even if there is, you'd need to proofread and QC which you can't do IF you do not understand the language.

Reactions: Phoenix Goddess

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Umm... okay? I believe I said all machine translators were bad, not just google translate. Other machine translators seem to do a lot worse than google and that's just terrible.

As for your question, you would have to know the source language for anything you're translating or it won't be accurate. Again, a program can't read context. Knowing Japanese is what will help the translation of a Japanese game as well as fluency in the target language. A game like SNX deserves a heck of a lot better than a machine translation.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
When I was in high-school a lot of my classmates used Google Translate in order to translate whole texts which they had written in Portuguese rather than write it in English from the start... They thought they were quite smart in doing so, and well, there's no need to explain the results... The things translation which Google had provided was wrong in so many ways.. And this is with a romanic language, which is much easier to translate than Eastern languages in general...

I do believe it'd be possible for a machine translator to be more accurate, but then it'd need to have an AI, which in turn could work out somehow better (but that'll still take a long while), since understanding is the most important thing when translating anything to another language.

Anyway, it's a real shame that Summon Night doesn't get released in the west like other tittles... But alas,I'll just have to wait until translations are made.
Does this game have any FMV's btw? Never tried the game before (because I can't read it).

kalil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
geesh calm down
you guys really think i would translate a game with 0 knowledge in japanese? i studied for 4 or 5 years.

phoenix godness
i undesrtand your point but i alrady knows that grammar rules (im no expert but i can work with it) so yeah i know that verbs can be conjuged in the form masu, -te, -ta, and the commom form (is that how it is called in english?) and that verbs are separte in 3 groups.

but what i need to know is... guess what, words! my vocabularie in japanese is extremelly poor. and for that translating machines are exactly what i need. and yes even google translator get a word wrong rikai-kun can give lots of translations for the same word so when one of the tools fail there is the other to give support.

like i said before i already translated the firsts 2 chapters thanks to the help of crimson noctural patch and the text make perfect sense until now (with 1 or 2 exceptions saddly) so the translating is advancing.

but of course if you dont have faith in my translation skills you can always translate by yourselves.

Reactions: muhendis100

Phoenix Goddess

The Ninja's Protégée
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
geesh calm down
you guys really think i would translate a game with 0 knowledge in japanese? i studied for 4 or 5 years.

phoenix godness
i undesrtand your point but i alrady knows that grammar rules (im no expert but i can work with it) so yeah i know that verbs can be conjuged in the form masu, -te, -ta, and the commom form (is that how it is called in english?) and that verbs are separte in 3 groups.

but what i need to know is... guess what, words! my vocabularie in japanese is extremelly poor. and for that translating machines are exactly what i need. and yes even google translator get a word wrong rikai-kun can give lots of translations for the same word so when one of the tools fail there is the other to give support.

like i said before i already translated the firsts 2 chapters thanks to the help of crimson noctural patch and the text make perfect sense until now (with 1 or 2 exceptions saddly) so the translating is advancing.

but of course if you dont have faith in my translation skills you can always translate by yourselves.

Calm down? No one's angry. I don't see one angry response. Someone calling you delusional, yes. Angry? No.

Yeah, studying for four or five years totally explains why you're using a machine translator when you're already fluent. Totally :rolleyes:

Those who really know Japanese, especially for four or five years do not need a machine translator. By then you should be fluent enough not to rely on one regardless of your vocabulary size and should know well enough how bad(And "bad" is the nicest word I could use for them) machine translators are.

Copying and pasting from someone else's translation does not mean you translated anything. It just means you copy/pasted.... that's it.

But if you're fluent in Japanese...
What does this say?

I'm still a bit baffled that someone is saying SNX does deserve a machine translation :lol:
This game is entirely too amazing to deserve to be butchered.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    N @ NoiseCommander3DS: https://youtu.be/cAo4TuKIz6s