streaming movies "it's not downloading" X_X

OSW

Wii King
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
It's no secret that most Australian ISPs impose pretty poor bandwidth restrictions on the average user, before capping download/upload speeds (and mostly in the past, excess charges).

This means that for someone like me who downloads fairly substantially large files (video, audio, games etc), monitoring their consumption is important to maintain speed for the month (for the whole family aswell).

Now, i've come across many poorly misinformed people (including a close friend of mine, who i'm sure i explained this to) who believe that STREAMING VIDEO/AUDIO via resources such as youtube does NOT CONSUME DOWNLOADS.

WELL ISN'T THAT JUST DANDY!................... BUT IT'S COMPLETELY WRONG!

Case in point, a few days ago my friend linked me to a streaming website which provided streams of many popular TV series. "Oh cool" i replied (completely uninterested in reality) "and the best thing is, it doesn't take up any downloads!". "yeah.... sure sounds great.

Sure i stream smaller videos often, but if it's large I usually prefer to get a hard copy so not to waste my bandwidth.

I made this post because it irks me really bad. Please comrades, LEARN!

edit: unless you're rich and have the most expensive plan available.

Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
Kids at school here are like that too. They keep complaining about me blocking Youtube and similar knock-off sites. "But Mister! I don't download the video, I just watch it!" :facepalm:

S

scubersteve

God, the kids up here in Canada think that streaming movies isn't downloading, so you can't get charged for piracy >.<

Unfortunatly, unless they know how to delete all of their private history (which I doubt), someone can EASILY find out that they've been downloading illigal movies.

On the bright side (for now), a lot of Canada doesn't do anything about piracy, as long as it's for private personal use.

In other words, don't give/sell what you download.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: sure, it can be hands free