Hacking SSBB Working without Dual channels or 15% trick

garnaal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently the Masterpieces don't work on PAL systems. Can anyone confirm this?
It's not too big of a loss though, as D4z pointed out.

bewitched

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Prophet said:
Quick Tutorial:

1. Open your SSBB iso in the trucha signer
2. navigate to the /root folder in located on the first partition.
3. Right click the __update.inf then choose EXTRACT TO FILE. No idea why this step is needed but it avoids an error 6 in the next step so just save this .inf anywhere; you won't be needing it again.
4. Now Right click the __update.inf again and choose REPLACE. Within the prompt, navigate to where you saved ProphSSBB.inf and select it.
5. Should go through and give a success message. Now right click the partition icon and click Trucha sign it! I Signed both partitions for the heck of it, you should too.
6. Don't forget to region frii.
7. Burn.
8. Go boot her up, when prompted let it update FULLY.
9. Enjoy SSBB without the Dual channels or risk of bricking your wii.

Edit: Works for the Ntsc realease on Pal systems, Great little guide by Rodak http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77946&st=0
Thanx burned it with imgburn on a mediarange dl disc 1x speed. Updated. Games starts, online works. No duplicate channels. But: intro movie didn't play well a lot of stuttering. Tried to run the "how to play" movie then the game crashed. Any ideas?
Pal with latest Wiikey
Edit: second time running the games crashes at the intro movie, maybe the slow burning speed?
Edit2: games crashes in the middle of a fight and i have the small green line sometimes on the top of the screen... it's getting worse with this
wacko.gif

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have read that Fire Emblem (PAL) has the latest update on the disc and so if you replace the update_inf on SSB with the update from Fire Emblem (for pal users at least), then you aren't even prompted for an update when starting the game.

Do I need to change anything in the Fire Emblem update or can I simply inject it onto the SSB iso? Thanks.

Edit: found the answer on another site. Seems I am good to go
smile.gif

masud

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Fire Emblem PAL contains IOS36-64-v1042, so I guess if you update with Fire Emblem the NTSC version of SSBB will not try to perform any install.

Can anyone confirm this?

sonic4

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wow, great job¡¡¡¡

Does it works on my wii ntsc usa with 3.0 firmware? i´m afraid of brick my console and i don´t hav internet connection, SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

Scary

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hello

The Game Work on Wii 3.2 E + Wikkey 1.9 DVD + DL (Fortis).
I changed the file _update.inf with ProphSSBB.inf and I did the upgrade without the Dual channels and no Brick the Wii.

Thx to all.

Per gli Italiani se serve una mano mandatemi PM.

sonic4

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I changed the file _update.inf with ProphSSBB.inf to, but i´m afraid of update because i have firrmware 3.0 and i{m not sure if it´s safe.

wii ntsc usa 3.0

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Wiikey with 3.2e firmware works without any duplicated channels.

However, I cannot play 60hz (black screen, no video image at all but I can "do stuff"), and when I play in 50hz the sound is fucked up on alot of Solo playing stuff and I get a green line on top of my screen.

If there is any possible too fix this I would appreciate some help. Or anyways, I'll just brawl untill it's out in europe =)

Scha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
tW34k, did you try the video mode changer?

I cant try yet becasue I'm still waiting for my new Wii. I bricked mine when Super Paper Mario came out and now when SSBB came out I just had to have a new one. Hopefully it will arrive the next couple of days, and hopefully I wont brick it again.

Anyway. The video mode changer might work, because it seem like other europeans get the game to work. They must have done something you didnt (or opposite).

Retrovertigo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did the Fire Emblem update trick and it works just fine. To confirm for PAL users:

I extracted the update_inf from the PAL Fire Emblem, injected it into SSBB and then updated my PAL Wii with the update from the Fire Emblem disc.

Then I put the SSBB disc in and it doesn't even ask you to update.

The game was weird in 50hz though, jerky and slow like it was playing at half speed. Switched the deflicker off, switched my machine back to 60hz and the game working fine.

Burnt at x2 with imgburn and using Vernatim disc. Altough my machine also seems fine with the cheap crappy aone discs.

I know this may have been mentioned somewhere in bits and pieces, but thought for other PAL users I'd make this post to confirm that a U.S update trick isn't needed and you can be assured the only update applied to the machine is one intended for the same region
smile.gif

Thanks to the many posters here for getting me this far.

2cb2ct7

Trophies
XP
Country
tW34k said:
Wiikey with 3.2e firmware works without any duplicated channels.

However, I cannot play 60hz (black screen, no video image at all but I can "do stuff"), and when I play in 50hz the sound is fucked up on alot of Solo playing stuff and I get a green line on top of my screen.

If there is any possible too fix this I would appreciate some help. Or anyways, I'll just brawl untill it's out in europe =)

I think it might be worth someone writing a guide to this whole process, specifically for PAL users. Maybe with options for using Wii video changer or removing 001 error...?

D4z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Retrovertigo, that's good news. Does this mean that for any futur games we'll be able to inject an old update.inf file to avoid bricking our Wii's?
Also, can you confirm wether Masterpieces is working or not on your SSBB disc ?

2cb2ct7: there are already plenty of guides explaining how to use Wii video changer and removing the 001 error.

bubbleboy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have JAP Wii (3.2), had NOT been updated using SSBB JAP.

I used the guide on page 1, ie replaced the file with Prophet's, and burned it onto a cheap DL disc.. update works fine, no dual channels, game boots and plays well.

Thanks everyone!

tW34k

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Well I did use the Baali video thing for NTSC2PAL if that is what you mean? I did not use the other video mode changer tool. Sometimes, I can watch the videos and play the solo part flawlessy. Other times the sound is fucked up the and the game play is slow-motion.

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have applied the .inf patch to a Single Layer version/rip of the game. I have also applied the NTSC to PAL video patcher along with the error 001 removal.

I am wary about using it on my PAL wii (3.2E) as it is a single layer version and not dual layer. in principal it should work yes?
the single layer doesnt have a certain game mode... it has everything else im guessing, so should the update be fine etc. no bricking, no dual channels, no system info problems?

thanks

g73m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CONFIRMED
Smash Bros Brawl NTSC SINGLE LAYER version
Patched with the new update.inf
error 001 removed
video fixed
NTSC to PAL
Running on PAL Wii 3.2E D2CKey with NO dual channels

biggrin.gif
:D:D

Sir Spanky

Trophies
XP
Country
I used this and then promptly forgot to thank you!

Followed the guide exactly, then used RegionFrii. Game runs perfectly (except the first 10 second are a black screen!) on 3.1E PAL Wii on DL at 4x speed.

edit: agreeing that 50Hz is really messed up. runs slowly and with glitches near the top. 60Hz with deflicker off is fine though.

obener

Trophies
XP
Country
will replacing update with Prophets modified __update.inf in Trucha then using regionfrii to JAP work? or is there another way of doing it for JAP consoles?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/9seCZUSS8zE?si=xMNkLYWrWl6kDH44