Hacking SSBB Texture Swaps

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
kirbyman123 said:
Mysterious Dark Giga dry phazon suit pikachu with robotic beam arm and mecha fire electric wind and other crappy stuff sword/100 footlong. It also has a phazon suit version of sonics leg on it. It also has 3 lizrdon heads and neck coming out behind pikchus head.It also has ridleys wing on it. but theirs even more it also has telepathis brain chip put in it. it can speak any lanquage and c
god that was good. im floored.

BTW i am now just fantasisng about how epic sbrawl could be with these extreme edits.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm happy to hear it
smile.gif

We have quite a nice week planned for you all!

I think every day will be exciting for you all, but I *know* that Saturday's update is one of your MOST requested.

Staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay tuned!

EDIT: Keshire, that's some fantastic work you've done there.

EDIT2: I'm having a _great deal_ of trouble location the character selection textures in the game. I know it ISNT menu>common>char_bus_text, and it ISNT menu>char_select>char_bus_text. If *anyone* knows where the hell this file is, I would GREATLY appreciate you telling me!

marational

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wow this project looks absolutely incredible. I had no idea such tools/methods were discovered for Brawl hacking. Great job and good luck!

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Please be sure to read the important notice on the front post, it's critical to the success of this project.

Anywho, your hint for today's Twin-Themed Update!

*Sorry, no hints. Don't ask me to reconsider, I'm Positive.

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
DAMMIT! Drazn said it first! I was about to say Plusle and Minun! lol, it's going to be a fat plusle and minun with an edit of pikachu.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
And so Week 1 comes to an end....

Week 1 saw more difficulties and crazy difficulty (CI8+RGB5A3+mimpaps!?) than we are likely to see the rest of this entire project. We are down actually to one "technical" texture difficulty, and that is that we can't find DeDeDe's hammer texture. But there is also an extra texture in his file that refuses to extract. Coincidence? Maybe.

Anyways, the Most Important goal for Week 2, along with blow all your minds (boy, wait until you see what we have planned...) is to find those damned character selection portraits. If you would like to help us out, please read details on the top of the front post. Seeing as I spend every living moment working and doing this project, it's hard to find time to go on a scavenger hunt.

From ]Syntax Error[, Welcome to Week 2!

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Remember, Dedede's hammer does that Jet propulsion thing, so it may have some wierd stuff to achieve that.

Also, you say you found some character icons. You get them in the sticker album (who can equip each sticker) and in All-star mode. It doesn't tell you where you will find the character selection ones, but it may be what you are editing!

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Joey90 said:
Remember, Dedede's hammer does that Jet propulsion thing, so it may have some wierd stuff to achieve that.

Also, you say you found some character icons. You get them in the sticker album (who can equip each sticker) and in All-star mode. It doesn't tell you where you will find the character selection ones, but it may be what you are editing!

Actually, the jet propulsion hammer has different textures than his standard hammer....and we can edit the propulsion hammer just fine
tongue.gif
I think that all DeDeDe's use the same hammer texture from a different file atm, but I haven't checked.

What we HAVE found are stock icons and timer icons, along with character busts for Victory screens/tourny mode. Ill check that sticker album thing later
smile.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Today's texture will be up in 6ish hours, I won't be home for a while. Today is actually the first day I am taking a break since the start of the project, though its an unavoidable one
tongue.gif

JayParadox, I replied to your PM. Thanks for the quick response! With any luck the files you mentioned point to the actual selection portraits as well...

Phreeq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YAY I found it I think, Or atleast I found a couple of diff colors of Snakes face, are those what you wanted?

It's in the Portrite folder, in info, I found pikachu with goggles on, checked that pic compared to brawl, and the pic from Portrite has his Ears cut off, otherwise, perfectly identical, and they're +2 textures.

XxSkyosxX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Phreeq said:
YAY I found it I think, Or atleast I found a couple of diff colors of Snakes face, are those what you wanted?

It's in the Portrite folder, in info, I found pikachu with goggles on, checked that pic compared to brawl, and the pic from Portrite has his Ears cut off, otherwise, perfectly identical, and they're +2 textures.

Those are actually the little pictures of the character during time matches located at the bottom of the screen, not character selection portraits.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phreeq said:
Yeah, I figured that out after battling. But I'm still looking. I support you guys all the way!

It's greatly appreciated
tongue.gif
We are all so busy with the actual project it's hard to find time to look for things. We would be very grateful if you found it
biggrin.gif

UPDATE: Ill be putting up today's update in just about an hour and a half, maybe a bit less
smile.gif

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Oh, the "TWINS" hint could be twards Ice Climbers, or Solid Snake...

I really hope it's something alot cooler though, lol

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't wait, how much longer? I want it NAO!!!!
tongue.gif
I can't wait to see Plusle & Minun, or whatever it is, I'm already surprised from your work!

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
~New Character Released~

Check the front post to see the pioneering Pokemon to start out our week of Twins!

The final version of him has a much smoother line of red on his ears
smile.gif
This texture was actually crazy difficult, believe it or not oO.

Well! I CERTAINLY don't think any of you need a hint for Tomorrow's release
tongue.gif

Though I *will* tell you that the rest of the twins after tomorrow won't be NEARLY as easy to guess!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum