OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
lostsoul5673 said:
Oh god, it's fat! XD It's still neat, only if you could edit the model to be skinnier.

Yeah, as you know we can't
tongue.gif
. But hey, perhaps he was just....really hungry oO...

alex

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XD, Yup, REALLY hungry! I'm fine with him! I just wish there was a way to play without a modchip. I don't know how to solder, and I'm not risking it!

Phreeq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
YES REALLY DID FIND IT!!

It's in Common-> Char_bust_tex

Each Character is seperate, and theres more than the regular array of characters, so my guess is that the seperate characters in one character (ex Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Phreeq said:
YES REALLY DID FIND IT!!

It's in Common-> Char_bust_tex

Each Character is seperate, and theres more than the regular array of characters, so my guess is that the seperate characters in one character (ex Charizard, Ivysaur, Squirtle)

As I stated in my first post, those are Victory portraits. Please read the first post carefully
tongue.gif

But, again, thanks for all the help
tongue.gif

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry for kinda disappearing lately. I was hospitalized for a few days and I just now got out.

The good news is that I now have a few days of free time. I'll start looking for the character selection textures tonight. Also, I've semi disassembled the main.dol. So there might be a few interesting things there. Not that I'm really good with that kinda stuff. Glad to see you got the alpha values working.

Love all your textures so far, can't wait to see more. Also, I'm looking into the posibility of using Gecko to do a few new things related to this.

Phreeq

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Agh, i think i'm going insane! Those have got to be it, the victory portraits are cut off in the middle, where as these ones go down more like when you're selecting characters. Oii, well, I'm gonna keep looking, I've found soo much.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
Sorry for kinda disappearing lately. I was hospitalized for a few days and I just now got out.

The good news is that I now have a few days of free time. I'll start looking for the character selection textures tonight. Also, I've semi disassembled the main.dol. So there might be a few interesting things there. Not that I'm really good with that kinda stuff. Glad to see you got the alpha values working.

Love all your textures so far, can't wait to see more. Also, I'm looking into the posibility of using Gecko to do a few new things related to this.

Pharrox! You were missed
smile.gif
Your thread in SmashBoards is...uuuh flooded...but I'm sorry to hear you were hospitalized! Feel better man =/

Thanks for looking! It's been driving me *crazy*. I hope you find them =/. I posted the two things it is *not* in the front post. And let me know about what you discover with the Gecko. I'm especially curious if textures can be inserted via Gecko, because then we could (in theory) make a gigantic cheat code
ohmy.gif

QUOTE(Phreeq @ Aug 5 2008, 06:11 AM) Agh, i think i'm going insane! Those have got to be it, the victory portraits are cut off in the middle, where as these ones go down more like when you're selecting characters. Oii, well, I'm gonna keep looking, I've found soo much.

They aren't. I know for a fact. But thanks for looking.

Well everyone I'm going to sleep. I've decided today is officially get-more-than-3-hours-of-sleep day. Tomorrow's character is uuh...well you should be able to guess
tongue.gif
...but stay tuned for the hint that goes with it, you are all in for a HUGE release week.

Keshire

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
That's why it's probably best to batch extract all the pac/brres, and then batch convert all the tpl's. That way you can just do a windows search for tga/png and view all the thumbnails. Then you should quickly find what your looking for.

Code:
for /R %%I in (*.pac) do mkdir "%%~nI"
for /R %%I in (*.pac) do SSBExtract "%%I" >> pac.txt
for /R %%I in (*.brres) do SSBExtract "%%I" >> brres.txt

for /R %%a in (*.tpl) DO tplconv "%%a" >> tpl.txt

run that in a .bat file and it'll recursively go through and create a folder that ssbextract needs and then run ssbextract.

for the brres you may need to go through and create the (nw4r) folders beforehand. Just use the same method.

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
smile.gif

Heh, I'm pretty sure I found 'em. You're not gonna like it though:
Code:
RSBE01/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac/002.brres

The .pac is lz77 compressed and so are the .bin files inside the .pac. It's crazy. They look like exactly the same files as the .BINs in the other pac though, so if you already made them you won't have to do it again.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
Thanks
smile.gif

Heh, I'm pretty sure I found 'em. You're not gonna like it though:
Code:
RSBE01/menu2/sc_selcharacter_en.pac/002.brres

The .pac is lz77 compressed and so are the .bin files inside the .pac. It's crazy. They look like exactly the same files as the .BINs in the other pac though, so if you already made them you won't have to do it again.

>>Edit: I was using .1 instead of .2, it works now
wink.gif

>>>>>>...ok, well, replacing the old .bin with the new .bin, even though the new one was *smaller* somehow increased the file size, so I can't reinsert it >: (. In addition, the difference is by 8 freaking lines. But I really am not sure why this is. I literally had to replace like 5 lines of code with "00000000000000000". Unfortunately, even if this IS the character selection portion of the file, it does me no good if I can't compress things to fit back in.

Keshire said:
That's why it's probably best to batch extract all the pac/brres, and then batch convert all the tpl's. That way you can just do a windows search for tga/png and view all the thumbnails. Then you should quickly find what your looking for.

CODEfor /R %%I in (*.pac) do mkdir "%%~nI"

run that in a .bat file and it'll recursively go through and create a folder that ssbextract needs and then run ssbextract.

for the brres you may need to go through and create the (nw4r) folders beforehand. Just use the same method.

I don't know if I've said this enough yet, but...you, my, friend, are the man

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
Pharrox! You were missed
smile.gif
Your thread in SmashBoards is...uuuh flooded...but I'm sorry to hear you were hospitalized! Feel better man =/

Thanks for looking! It's been driving me *crazy*. I hope you find them =/. I posted the two things it is *not* in the front post. And let me know about what you discover with the Gecko. I'm especially curious if textures can be inserted via Gecko, because then we could (in theory) make a gigantic cheat code
ohmy.gif

Thanks.
smile.gif
Yeah, I saw the Smashboards topic. Currently they're discussing which characters need to have gay costumes...

Keshire said:

Code:
for /R %%I in (*.pac) do mkdir "%%~nI"

Thanks a lot!

I've been using this code, originally by Wolf Pup for TPLx:
Code:
for %%a in (*.tpl) DO (
tplx %%a
mkdir %%~na
move tex*.tga %%~na\.
)

It will make directories named for the .tpl files then copy the extracted .tga files into the right directory. I don't suppose there is a way to do that for .brres files? Something like changing the last line to "move "*(NW4R)" %%~na\."? I know my example won't work, but just asking.

QUOTE(Raganook @ Aug 5 2008, 02:33 AM)
>>>>Uggggh...that .pac is so big notepad is taking FOREVER to load it, and I need to delete those extra lines ;(

For some reason wordpad loads those files a lot faster than notepad. Easier for removing the lines too

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
>>>>>>...ok, well, replacing the old .bin with the new .bin, even though the new one was *smaller* somehow increased the file size, so I can't reinsert it >: (. In addition, the difference is by 8 freaking lines. But I really am not sure why this is. I literally had to replace like 5 lines of code with "00000000000000000". Unfortunately, even if this IS the character selection portion of the file, it does me no good if I can't compress things to fit back in.

Hmm. Could you send me the images you are trying to insert? I want to mess around with this and try to figure it out, but with the whole lz77 inside lz77 thing, if I'm going to look at it I'd like to actually be doing something productive while I do.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
Raganook said:

Hmm. Could you send me the images you are trying to insert? I want to mess around with this and try to figure it out, but with the whole lz77 inside lz77 thing, if I'm going to look at it I'd like to actually be doing something productive while I do.

Sure. I'll send it all off to you, and then I'm going to sleep. Be sure to email me with the results, as it will be the first thing I check when I wake up
tongue.gif
Im emailing it now...

Edit: You've got mail!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, so smart it doesnt even exist