Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Another character done
smile.gif

I'll put up a pic in just a second, there is one tiny glitch...

EDIT: If I can figure this out we will be able to do the super-complicated characters like Toon Link (yes, I said toon link. Believe it or not it's more complicated than the others
tongue.gif
), so here goes try #2...

EDIT: Damn. Basically, for whatever reason, the pupils of this character won't show up. I know it's because of the palette, I just don't know how to fix it...

Rykin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Raganook said:
We are hacking the sword for Fierce Deity, Ghosteo just didn't draw it when he made Fierce Deity a week ago

Rykin said:
Looks awesome. I am eagerly awaiting this release. Perhaps you could tease us with some of the character changes you have made?

...really....

I must be misunderstand this...you can't possibly mean "character changes" as "visual changes".

The only thing we changed is the costumes. All sounds, moves, taunts, etc. are exactly the same...hence the topic title, "Texture swaps"

Sorry. My choice of words wasn't the best- I did mean visual changes. My wording really meant character changes such as Luigi -> Mr. L. Or Link to FD.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, we have been stuck ALL day on this one glitch I was talking about earlier. Textures that end with +2 require something special, and I've been trying different things since 10:00am this morning (its 6:00pm now).

Just as soon as I figure this out, two more characters are instantly finished

Edit: I'm still trying to figure this stupid thing out but...

...Here is a video of Phazon Suit Samus VS Cloud Strife
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wpxL7BEa4SQ

deba94

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was hoping to see zero suit phazon
wink.gif
. Will the character icons under the percentage display going to be edited to match the characters suit? Either way, it looks great
smile.gif
. Cant wait to download it.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
deba94 said:
I was hoping to see zero suit phazon
wink.gif
. With the character icons under the percentage display going to be edited to match the characters suit? Either way, it looks great
smile.gif
. Cant wait to download it.

Those icons are compressed unfortunately, and I can't uncompress or recompress them.

But my priority now is figuring out +2 textures. I'm sure it's a problem with the palette file, but we will see...

EDIT: It has now been 10 hours of me trying different things. Three characters are pending my figuring this out. Sorry for the delay everyone...

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey! You didn't think I'd let you steal all the glory did you?
wink.gif

Anyway, the original topic about this can be found over at smashboards. It will probably answer a lot of the questions you might have.

Also, if you send me some of the .pcs files, I have a capture card and could make a better quality video (we should face each other over wifi). And as I said over there, I need the specifics of the +2 palettes and I'll take a look at them and see if I can find the problem.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
awesome work guys!!!

only a suggestion... please don't think I'm putting you down, or trying to find fault...

is there a way you can change the player "logo" (at the bottom of the screen, where damage is shown)?

that would make the illusion complete!

(I know you get this alot, but maybe a NO zero suit samus? lol... yes, we're all a huge bunch of pervs!)

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
zidane_genome said:
awesome work guys!!!

only a suggestion... please don't think I'm putting you down, or trying to find fault...

is there a way you can change the player "logo" (at the bottom of the screen, where damage is shown)?

that would make the illusion complete!

(I know you get this alot, but maybe a NO zero suit samus? lol... yes, we're all a huge bunch of pervs!)

Due to the release of an awesome program by Gary, we plan on editting the stock icons, character select portraits and victory portraits.

This means a delay before we release, but a much higher quality release.

Pharrox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem with making custom character portraits however is that it removes the choice of which slot someone can put it in. It definitely make it better quality, but be sure to choose textures that won't be missed too much.

And yes, replacing the character's picture down at the bottom is possible. However if you are referring to the series icon, replacing it will affect everyone from that series.

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pharrox said:
The problem with making custom character portraits however is that it removes the choice of which slot someone can put it in. It definitely make it better quality, but be sure to choose textures that won't be missed too much.

And yes, replacing the character's picture down at the bottom is possible. However if you are referring to the series icon, replacing it will affect everyone from that series.

Yeah, I thought of the whole "gone forever" thing. I just sort of decided I preferred the professional quality over the missing portraits, though ultimately I will include both as options.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER