Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
There is no "easy" way to teach you how to make your own.

It is VERY easy for you to take our ready-made ones and insert them
tongue.gif

Well, Ghosteo caught wind of how this is accomplished, but he's really the creative artist type. I'm the slaving-away-translating-FFTA2-and-FFIVDS type, so I love hex editing for hours on end
tongue.gif

Together we decided to give the community the closest we can to new characters to a fantastic game
smile.gif

Joey90

Not around any more
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ZombiePosessor said:
So did you guys just decide "Hey lets make some cool texture edits" and just went with it? 20 custom textures... 35 characters, thats 57% custom textures. Nice.
35 characters.... But each has 6 costumes, and Wario has 12. So really it's only 10% custom costumes.

Even so, 20 custom textures is pretty impressive, especially on such a short timescale. As these aren't the quick recolours like most in-game ones.

Also, how do the textures work on chracters who DO have a model change with each alternate costume (Pikachu, Jigglypuff etc.)?

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We aren't doing all those oO

We are HOPING for 20! Ghosteo is hand-drawing ALL these textures, and we would rather higher quality than quantity.

Anyways, Shadow Mario from Mario Galaxy has graced the front post
smile.gif
I am trying to figure out translucency, so he's a beta version. Once I figure out how to make textures translucent, he will look PERFECT
biggrin.gif

UPDATE: Yoshi's second costume up. We are now doing touch-ups on all the ones we've already done, so expect that to be the last sneak peak for a few hours...unless we fall asleep, in which case it will be longer

SkyDX

Anime Signature Creator, PM me if you want one! :)
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is awesome, you guys ROCK!!! Shame we can't replace models, Konata from Lucky Star in SSBB..... someone can dream
happy.gif

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
*YAAAAAAAAAAWN*

Good morning everyone
tongue.gif

Ghosteo and Skyos are zonked out, but when they wake up we are going to finish all the textures we can, and tonight, they shall be available to all of you at GBATemp
smile.gif

Edit: I e-mailed Zeality over at the Compendium, I'll let you guys know when that texture is on their site.

Right now, I'm working on finding where the game stores the portraits for selected characters. As in, you pick Link, try to change to the yellow costume, but instead of a picture of Yellow Link, its a picture of Fierce Deity.

I found the pictures....for the VICTORY SCREEN, which look like exactly the same ;P. I think the files are in menu/selcharacter/char_bust_tex_lz77.pac, which I don't know how to uncompress, and certainly don't know how to re-compress afterwards.

If any one has helpful advice on the subject, I'm all ears

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been asked, or if you thought of it, but for Fierce Deity (OniLink), are you able to texture hack the sword?

That also goes for other weapons... are you able to change them with textures (I know you can't actually change the model)... but change the colors, or make it look different with textures (like put "holes" in a sword with a transparent section)

Raganook

Raganook
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
We are hacking the sword for Fierce Deity, Ghosteo just didn't draw it when he made Fierce Deity a week ago

Rykin said:
Looks awesome. I am eagerly awaiting this release. Perhaps you could tease us with some of the character changes you have made?

...really....

I must be misunderstand this...you can't possibly mean "character changes" as "visual changes".

The only thing we changed is the costumes. All sounds, moves, taunts, etc. are exactly the same...hence the topic title, "Texture swaps"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c