OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
03.31.2021 UPDATE : PATCH RELEASED!

After months of hacking and effort (and another month of beta testing), the English translation for “Zangeki No Reginleiv” for Wii is finally complete!

It is my pride to present you with this collaborative work between @Kaiser_Gummi and me.

I’d like to take the opportunity to thank @Lazlo52 and @MaeseJesus for their continuous support in the beta testing phase: this project would have taken a lot more time and be quite less polished without them.

You can download the patch at the following address, and see a little trailer I’ve put together on Youtube here:

Trailer:

English patch download link:

https://www.romhacking.net/translations/6025/

Please be warned that the videos (which were quite too heavy to fit into Romhacking.net) have to be downloaded separately (every link is provided in the README file, but I’ve put them below anyway), and if you happen to like our work, please leave a comment on Romhacking!

Translated videos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VC2a4zx0n_DsWqZkwWXRmzTqc6F93pmP/view?usp=sharing

Wii Motion Plus videos:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xPyA_27okGlXOGR1KOLXNWah-4csbHwL/view?usp=sharing

Yours truly.

--- old post ---
: Pictures updated after @Kaiser_Gummi and I decided to collaborate (see my post about that). Please keep in mind that the game is not totally translated yet, and the pictures are not final.

Hello everybody, this is me, Brand Newman, the French guy who recently started to translate Wii Japanese exclusives in English / Engrish ! :lol:

Welcome to my new English translation project, once again for Wii.

This is my fourth Riivolution project actually, after having translated Earth Seeker, Ikenie No Yoru, and Takt of Magic, which patches you can download at the following adresses :

Earth Seeker : https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-earth-seeker-english-translation-for-wii-100.555772/

Ikenie No Yoru : https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-ikenie-no-yoru-english-translation-for-wii-100.561324/

Takt of Magic : https://gbatemp.net/threads/riivolution-patch-takt-of-magic-english-translation-for-wii.569603/

These can be used on both retail discs (with Riivolution) and isos (tutorial provided in the zip files).

Now, Zangeki No Reginleiv is another Wii game that never went outside Japan, which is a shame since the game makes a pretty good use of Wii Motion Plus, a thing few of them did.

It can be played without though, and is loosely based on the Nordic mythology of Ragnarok (a legendary war between gods and giants, including Odin, Thor, and some human heroes like Sigmund).

The game itself, while not having that much text, is compressed AND has a lot of text being actual pictures, which means I have to redo them all before I release my work.

Please find below some early screenshots. I'll keep you inform regularly (as I did with my previous work), and hope you'll find my work satisfactory.

In the meantime, any encouragement is welcome !

See you soon.

Yours truly.

AOqZ8SW.png

CFizX6L.png

kDUqqy8.png

A6YBzIC.png

xgMcQf2.png

fpDvKrS.png

uUAoRuH.png

a5Hv9WX.png

Last edited by Brand Newman,

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's like you don't know what rest means or something... :P

Text looks pretty classy there, looks like an official localisation!
Good to know that this one does not have too much text, I hope this go by with less isues!

Draxikor

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I remember play this game about a year ago but i don't understand any of the story (You know kanji). For what i see maybe in the future you work with "Ougon no Kizuna"

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
It's like you don't know what rest means or something... :P

Text looks pretty classy there, looks like an official localisation!
Good to know that this one does not have too much text, I hope this go by with less isues!
You have no idea how hard it was to redo the title screen (which was animated) ! :wtf:

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I remember play this game about a year ago but i don't understand any of the story (You know kanji). For what i see maybe in the future you work with "Ougon no Kizuna"
I don't know much about this one. The artworks are nice but the screenshots aren't, and I've read here and there the game is not really good.

Do you happen to have tried it? What did you think of it? I'm under the impression the game might disappoint me, like "Baroque" did (great atmosphere and engaging start, but ended up "meh" to me).

Nomado

Trophies
XP
Country
Madagascar
:O Niiiiiice. Now that is a news. I remember seeing this game and being really interested it in circa 2011. Glad to see a translation coming.

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Good evening everyone,

Just a small update to inform you of something : after I published the first screenshots of my WIP translation of Reginleiv, I got contacted by @Kaiser_Gummi , who was also working on this game!

We talked to each other and agreed on collaborating, moreover because each of us had started with different parts of the game, so not much work would be wasted.

I actually am thankful to him, since he helped me find some text I had difficulties to find, and gave me some tips to increase the width / modify the position of menu buttons, so the result would be more pleasing to the eye.

I think our aptitudes are very complementary, and we're working on giving you the most top-notch translation we can of "Zangeki" !

So I updated some of the screenshots to make his name appear on the title screen, and show you the upgrades that were already brought.

Stay in tune, and stay safe.

Everybody has a good night.

yuyuyup

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for your efforts and successes, I will eventually play this (currently playing the Ex-troopers 3DS translation 25+ hours so I assure my gratitude to all translators, especially the ones yielding results.)

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wow! Cool! :yaywii:

I appreciate all your efforts on translating games! It's a huge effort and takes lots of time to translate a game all by its own. As a german language teacher (and sometimes a translator for turkish, german, english) I know what it takes to go all through.

I'd love to share a few suggestions on your projects:

First: just to keep the originality of the games (the other games aswell), could you please remove the "English Translation version x.x" remarks beneath the titles on the title screen? Of course your name has to be put beneath somewhere on the screen like "Translated by Brand Newman & Kaiser Gummi", but please the "big" remark that it's a translation is unnecessary. This would have a more professional look in my opinion.

A second request is: can you create a patch file (ips, xdelta or whatever) for "Redump'ed" images of the games? This way it would be much easier for unexperienced Wii gamers to patch their game images. Riivolution is sometimes a big pain in the ass for the inexperienced.

Thank you again for your hard work on these games! :bow:

Last edited by CaptainHIT,

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Wow! Cool! :yaywii:

I appreciate all your efforts on translating games! It's a huge effort and takes lots of time to translate a game all by its own. As a german language teacher (and sometimes a translator for turkish, german, english) I know what it takes to go all through.

I'd love to share a few suggestions on your projects:

First: just to keep the originality of the games (the other games aswell), could you please remove the "English Translation version x.x" remarks beneath the titles on the title screen? Of course your name has to be put beneath somewhere on the screen like "Translated by Brand Newman & Kaiser Gummi", but please the "big" remark that it's a translation is unnecessary. This would have a more professional look in my opinion.

A second request is: can you create a patch file (ips, xdelta or whatever) for "Redump'ed" images of the games? This way it would be much easier for unexperienced Wii gamers to patch their game images. Riivolution is sometimes a big pain in the ass for the inexperienced.

Thank you again for your hard work on these games! :bow:
Hello, and thank you for your comment.

Actually there's a good reason why the translation version is indicated : when a patch goes out some people modify their iso and put them online for others to download them.

But in the meantime, and although I try to do it as rarely as I can, I might release an update, hence these mentions (which, I must say, are not always enough considering I got questions about my previous works that clearly indicated people hadn't checked their version first, but that is another story... :lol:)

About the ips / delta, as explained in my readme, I personally met issues applying some patches to my isos, despite me owning the discs.

Unless I'm mistaken, it's because these patches check for differences between original and patched isos, and only modify them.

But there are some games that had several versions (Twilight Princess, Tales of Graces, etc.), and if you happen to have another one that the translator used, then there's nothing you can do!

So, by releasing the modified files and providing a tutorial to change the isos with wimms image tools, I made myself sure the vast majority of people could use my work, no matter if they'd use retail disc, 1:1 iso or wbfs.

Have a nice day !

messier

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I want to say that I loved playing Earth Seeker, your translation was top notch Newman, thanks for everything and for the amazing job you have done. I can't wait to test this one out btw, wish you all the luck with this project :)

Reactions: Brand Newman

SieKensou

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I think the same, the "English Translation version x.x" text is a bit too much for the title screen, it would be much better without it.

Reactions: CaptainHIT

Brand Newman

OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
France
Hello everyone,

I'm guessing everybody's getting ready for Christmas Eve, and I hope the pandemic isn't holding you from seeing your beloved ones.

Just a few pictures before I go myself : I'm busting my ass on the "weapons menu", since this one uses one or two characters to describe things such as "weak hit" or "slash from up to down".

So I had to create icons using unused cyrillic characters in the game font, as you can see below.

I think things get pretty self-explanatory with these icons, and I hope the rest of the translation won't need that much tweaking (and I thought I was done with graphical modifications...)

Everybody has a merry Christmas, see you soon on Gbatemp!

The newly created icons (as well as names of the protagonists, for some of them appear over their lifebars) :
RgO4m1I.png

Japanese menu untouched :
9NWKhfi.png

English translation :
Maiho4A.png

CaptainHIT

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hello everyone,

I'm guessing everybody's getting ready for Christmas Eve, and I hope the pandemic isn't holding you from seeing your beloved ones.

Just a few pictures before I go myself : I'm busting my ass on the "weapons menu", since this one uses one or two characters to describe things such as "weak hit" or "slash from up to down".

So I had to create icons using unused cyrillic characters in the game font, as you can see below.

I think things get pretty self-explanatory with these icons, and I hope the rest of the translation won't need that much tweaking (and I thought I was done with graphical modifications...)

Everybody has a merry Christmas, see you soon on Gbatemp!

The newly created icons (as well as names of the protagonists, for some of them appear over their lifebars) :
RgO4m1I.png

Japanese menu untouched :
9NWKhfi.png

English translation :
Maiho4A.png
Cool work! I admire your determination!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night