1. Brand Newman

OP Brand Newman Advanced Member
    Newcomer

France
    01.06.2020: initial release of V.01.00 BETA
    01.08.2020 – V.01.01 BETA: minor script corrections
    01.10.2020 – V.01.02 BETA: flickering menu modified in warehouse
    01.11.2020 - V.01.03 BETA: minor script corrections
    01.26.2020 - V.01.04 BETA: main story corrections finalized (sidequests & Adam resurrection in progress)

Greetings everyone !

I know I come a long time after the game was released, but I just wanted to share the new English translation patch I did for the game “Earth Seeker” on the Wii, as it turns out no complete translation was ever released (at least to my knowledge).

Now I know a couple of people tried, and I’d like to take the opportunity to thank Doombringer, Wyndcrosser, and Quantico for their previous work, which helped me a lot when I first attempted to translate the game.

I don’t know about the others, but I know Wyndcrosser especially met difficulties with modifying the ISO, because of what I think is a bug in Wiiscrubber: I can only guess how frustrating it must have been, and I really want to say that none of what I did could have been done without Wyndcrosser paving the way.

Anyway I made a Riivolution patch, but it can also be used to modify an ISO if you put some efforts in it (tutorial is provided in the README file enclosed): just remember that playing it on the real Wii will need to use Partition Builder instead of simply reparsing with Wiiscrubber.

About the patch : unless I’m mistaken, there shouldn’t be any Japanese left. Please keep in mind it’s BETA though, and that (most importantly) I’m neither Japanese nor English, which means I might have done a few mistakes for which I’d like you to give me feedback.

Also I had to make some compromise, whether because of the limited space I had, or because some parts of the script had to be adapted a bit, so it might feel a bit “barebone” sometimes, but I hope you’ll enjoy it anyway.

So without further ado, please find below the link to download the Riivolution patch:

DOWNLOAD LINK : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1nc2mG-cIApjT4tQpLW2fAEPAR8deUmOJ

If you wish to modify the ISO instead of using a retail disc, below are the links for the necessary tools:

As well as a small video of the first 15 minutes of the game translated:

And some screenshots I took for you to compare:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Please feel free to post here any screenshot of misspelling, grammatical error, translation mistake… and if you enjoyed the patch, please let me know as well!

Have a very nice hunt for Heritage!

Last edited: Jan 26, 2020 at 7:18 PM
    Sinon, Hakaisha, elenarguez and 19 others like this.
  2. ChaosEternal

ChaosEternal GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Thanks for the release! I can't say that I've heard of the game before, but any JP exclusive being translated is good news to me.

StrayGuitarist likes this.
  3. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    could be wrong, but doesn't riivolution require a legit version of the game? I think I remember them using that with one of the tales of translations or they were anyway. it's on the fly patching, right?

edit: I just read the op about being able to use an iso.

Last edited: Jan 6, 2020
  4. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    You're right, Riivolution is meant to be used with a retail disc, and that's the easiest way to use the patch. But since I found what went wrong with the ISO patching for my predecessors, I also put a tutorial to patch the ISO on the readme file. Hope people will find it easy to use.

godreborn likes this.
  5. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Since i've always tought this game could be one of those Wii gems forgotten, and i'd never had the chance to try it, this is AWESOME.
    Thanks for your hard work!!!

6. IceLancerSR

IceLancerSR Member
    Newcomer

United States
    wit+WiiBaFu worked flawlessly for me on all stuff i have done to wii games. Worked good for this too
    Thanks for translation!

Brand Newman likes this.
  7. viktormax

viktormax Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    if you wish I can make you an automated iso/wbfs creator

ChibiMofo likes this.
  8. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    Hello and thank you for your offer. Since many people met troubles over the years with translating the game, I chose the more "secure" option to create a Riivolution patch and give them the opportunity to manually patch their ISO.

But feel free to create any tool you want from my work, I have no trouble with that :)

Last edited: Jan 7, 2020
  9. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    Thank YOU for your message ! Now, about the game, it's not as deep as the games from "Operation Rainfall", and I think it might have disappointed players who excepted a RPG, where it's more about collecting treasures in a limited amount of areas. But the game has a "post-apocalyptic " feeling that I personnaly like a lot, and sure did its homeworks when it came to cultural artefacts around the world.(When I think about it, the time it took me to identify the works of art and translate that part... thank God I could find the texture ! :lol:)
    Hope you'll enjoy it as well, I need "beta testers" to do the game a 100%, so we can identify the mistakes I might have done. ;)

ChibiMofo and Patxinco like this.
  10. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    I'd like that since my attempt failed.

11. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    Your attempt failed? You mean you used wiiscrubber to extract, created an IMG file with partition builder, put it into the ISO with wiiscrubber, and it still didn't work? Please refer to the readme, and don't forget that you can't directly reparse files if you want to play on a modded wii. I also advise you to try the riivolution method first (assuming you have a retail disc), as it doesn't need any file modification. Just launch revolution with the files on sd card and the disc on the wii. This method should be easier.

12. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    Post this on main page. How's the game BTW? What its like? MH Clone?

Brand Newman likes this.
  13. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    Thank you very much for posting. Yes it's sort of a monster Hunter clone. The game asks you to visit areas of the star to retrieve legacies of the Earth. sometimes by fighting a monster, sometimes by finding an item, etc. But you'll ultimately be rewarded by "Heritage", which can be anything, from a painting to an old car. There is also a story about how collecting the Heritage helps mankind to be reborn, as there has only been women born on the star so far. But I will not spoil no more !

14. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    wow, yuri. I won't spoilers, since I prolly won't find time to play it.

15. ChibiMofo

ChibiMofo NPC Chibi-Robo for Wii needs a fan translation

Canada
    I used the the method outlined starting on page 7 to patch an ISO. I'm not concerned about it, and it probably failed due to a bad WBFS file that I downloaded (NKit could not match it against whatever database it checks it against). I'm not buying a 10 year old Japanese Wii game as that isn't going to help the original developers, so I'll only be patching ISOs on translation projects. If I can find a better "ISO", I'll try again or use viktormax's automated tool.

It's great to have another Wii game to play though. Can't thank you enough for that. Especially since neither Japanese nor English are your first languages. Judging by the YouTube video, you did great!

viktormax and Brand Newman like this.
  16. viktormax

viktormax Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    i working in automated tool, please upload and sendme a original m4in.d0l please

ChibiMofo likes this.
  17. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    I think the file you're looking for is already in the Riivolution patch, am I wrong?

18. CORE

CORE 3:16

United Kingdom
    Awesome Job! Thank You! I know how how much effort is involved.

This is one of the best looking Games on Wii and a must own in my opinion even though I have never played for now... And I can actually Enjoy it and understand what is going on Thanks to You:yaywii:

@Brand Newman

Brand Newman likes this.
  19. viktormax

viktormax Member
    Newcomer

Venezuela
    Main.dol provided are unmodified, is no needed by riivolution/patch

20. Brand Newman

Newcomer

France
    Well in that case I put an unnecessary file in the zip file :lol:. I didn't modify the one provided with the patch. I'll remove it from later versions.

viktormax likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Riivolution, translation, English