Hacking SSBB NOT WORKING WITH WIIKEY NTSC-U *PROOF BY ME!*

H8TR

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Another interesting thing about DL discs on Wii. If you are really close to your Wii while it is loading a DL disc (like in GCOS), you can hear the laser head realign to read the other layer.

Bob Loblaw

Read the Bob Loblaw Law Blog!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this really prove that much? Don't most chips have issues with out-of-region originals anyways? I'd wait to see a backup copy failing before freaking out - an unpatched one.

Also, wouldn't the LG drives used to rip wii discs be able to read the total disc usage/capacity to see if it really IS DL?

It's still early people. Chill out and wait for some more info.
Yep. Exactly.

That's why this thread is made of riduculous.

electricsashimi

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
we need the dump, cuz we can try patching it if regionfrii, and brickblocker... possibly modifying the firmware in the iso, or updating wiikey

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this really prove that much?  Don't most chips have issues with out-of-region originals anyways?  I'd wait to see a backup copy failing before freaking out - an unpatched one.

Also, wouldn't the LG drives used to rip wii discs be able to read the total disc usage/capacity to see if it really IS DL?

It's still early people.  Chill out and wait for some more info.

Yep. Exactly.

It proves that NTSC-J Brawl doesn't work with NTSC-U Wii's with Wiikey? That's what this thread was about, not something else...

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Does this really prove that much? Don't most chips have issues with out-of-region originals anyways? I'd wait to see a backup copy failing before freaking out - an unpatched one.

It's still early people. Chill out and wait for some more info.

Yep. Exactly.

It proves that NTSC-J Brawl doesn't work with NTSC-U Wii's with Wiikey? That's what this thread was about, not something else...

So, what? A lot of NTSC-J games don't work on NTSC-U wii's with wiikey. It's not even about that anymore, it's just riduclous bandwidth wasting speculation now like XianaiX said. Should be locked.

zero9teen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isn't that big of an issue.

Just like last year, the Wiikey team came out with an update to support a higher-end DVD disc.

Several things could be going on here:

-NTSC Wii's require a system update to support the readability of Dual-Layer disc.
-The Wiikey obviously wouldn't have support for a dual-layer, because no Wii games have come out as such. A simple update from the dev team can fix this.
-If there is some new protection on it, a modified disc-image needs to be made, but current tools do not allow the dump of a dual-layer Wii disc.

The Wiikey isn't the problem here - it's only going to help the cause. It's not like the JP game is going to work on an unmodded NTSC Wii - no JP game does.

So this is what needs to happen:
Someone needs to successfully dump the game. This will be difficult because of the new DVD form, but it can still be done.
Someone needs to find out what the security on the game is, and modify the image to disable it.

A firmware update needs to be put out from the Wiikey team to support Dual Layer and/or simply workaround SSBB. This will be quite swift once we know what the actual security on the game is. The team is still alive and active.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So, what? A lot of NTSC-J games don't work on NTSC-U wii's with wiikey. It's not even about that anymore, it's just riduclous bandwidth wasting speculation now like XianaiX said. Should be locked.
So? There are a lot of NTSC-J games that do work on NTSC-U Wii's with Wiikey. I'm sure this is the reason why a lot of people are following this stuff, because they want to play it. If a dump was released the release thread would be filled with "Does it work on US Wii?"

Of course, now that we know the answer, the main issue isn't if it works on US Wii's anymore...

HipN

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Oh snap! I Just tried it and it's working!!

What you need to do is go into diagnostics mode or w/e it's called, put the Wiikey 1.9g disc in and boot it, after the update is done, eject the disc and place Brawl in, and then reboot in diagnostics mode!

Seriously... no offence but this video doesn't prove too much, except for the fact that the Japanese game can't be played on an NTSC-U machine. I mean come on now...

Oh and.... POW RIGHT IN THE KISSER!!! LOLWTFBBQ?

Ok I'm done.

platypusrme427

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

Bob Loblaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

So? There are a lot of NTSC-J games that do work on NTSC-U Wii's with Wiikey. I'm sure this is the reason why a lot of people are following this stuff, because they want to play it. If a dump was released the release thread would be filled with "Does it work on US Wii?"

There's actually very few NTSC-J games that work on NTSC-U consoles. Could count them on two hands. What is there to even follow in this topic aside from a bunch of noob's theories?

xiaNaix

Trophies
Website
xiaNaix.net
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone even confirm that the Wiikey (or any other chip) boots import ORIGINALS? It was my understanding that only backups from other regions would work.

zennoux

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I recall correctly, the Japanese games that I've seen that haven't worked at least showed up in the Disc Channel and only resulted in a black screen after selecting "Start Game." Also, the Wii can read DL discs. If you don't believe me go ahead and make a multi-boot GC ISO on a DL disc, it will work fine.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, hi