Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

Jade_Rock

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok so I am trying to build PM 2.6b and I used the modified .bat found on the first page and the I changed the gct size from 9088 to 9100,when I made it into a wfbs it came out to be 2gb.My original brawl iso is 8gb.

I am rebuilding again and i'll post back.Anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:Now it is 7.4gb but freezes at strap loader....help?

EDIT2:It worked and I have a question will this work with project m 3.0 or will I need a new .bat.I know it is not out yet so I don't really think anyone would know,but if you do please tell me.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT2:It worked and I have a question will this work with project m 3.0 or will I need a new .bat.I know it is not out yet so I don't really think anyone would know,but if you do please tell me.

I just looked at the .BAT and it would definitely need updated. I don't think it would need much, but we can't know for sure (Only the Devs on the PMBR would really know).

For example, there isn't a line of code to import any changes made to Yoshi. That would need added in, but that kind of stuff is really simple.

Acidflare

HomeBrew Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I tried rebuilding the mod again after GreyRouge's help wit stated that the dol file was patched properly no error's there but I ran it in dolphin and got the green screen with the "Please Insert the Super Smash Bros Brawl game disc" Message this was for the wifi set of project:M 2.6b

I was able to successfully build B+, B-, BB, and the Full Set of Project:M 2.6b the only one that doesn't seem to work is the wifi safe version of PM 2.6b

joltz

Trophies
XP
Country
OK I FIGURED IT OUT.

It's the hooking. If you have your USB Loader set to have hooks enabled to VBI or something like that it'll crash always for some reason. Maybe something to do with the necessary patches not running because the hook occupies the area of memory they run in. Or something of that nature... In any case, if you're running these games on a USB Loader. So...

Attention anyone running this on a USB Loader:
DISABLE ALL HOOKS. It'll run without crashing if you do that.

I have the same issue as you've mentioned and unfortunately it did not help by disabling HOOK. I am using USB LOADER GX. Tried a bunch of other settings in the loader but it would seem that it still just locksup either in the character selection screen or when choosing any stage in versus.
Any suggestions?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue as you've mentioned and unfortunately it did not help by disabling HOOK. I am using USB LOADER GX. Tried a bunch of other settings in the loader but it would seem that it still just locksup either in the character selection screen or when choosing any stage in versus.
Any suggestions?

What version of project M are you building? If it's 2.6 you need the modified builder from this post.
Try turning off all sorts of other options specifically for the Project M game iso in USB Loader GX. I'll post a screenie later of my exact settings when I get home. I have a 2.6 ISO running flawlessly.
Some surely will update the batch file for 3.0 once it releases on December 9th.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
What version of project M are you building? If it's 2.6 you need the modified builder from this post.
Try turning off all sorts of other options specifically for the Project M game iso in USB Loader GX. I'll post a screenie later of my exact settings when I get home. I have a 2.6 ISO running flawlessly.
Some surely will update the batch file for 3.0 once it releases on December 9th.
Why would you list all those files separately? Why not just use xcopy to copy the entire folder structure? Or are there some garbage files in there that should not be copied over?

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why would you list all those files separately? Why not just use xcopy to copy the entire folder structure? Or are there some garbage files in there that should not be copied over?

I didn't write the batch, so I have no idea. lol. All I know is that's the batch I used to build my ISO, and it worked just fine for me.

d4mation

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

My guess would be either it was written that way to make the patching process faster, or so that it wouldn't throw errors if the files weren't there for it to copy. Since Project M doesn't have Yoshi is 2.6b, if the .BAT called to copy Yoshi over and he wasn't there it could possibly freak out.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
My guess would be either it was written that way to make the patching process faster, or so that it wouldn't throw errors if the files weren't there for it to copy. Since Project M doesn't have Yoshi is 2.6b, if the .BAT called to copy Yoshi over and he wasn't there it could possibly freak out.
xcopy /C ignores errors. Maybe he didn't know it exists?

wf6608

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Arras said:
Why not just use xcopy

I think that's because some files in mod's folder have different names than in game's directory. For example:
Code:
copy /b brawlmods\projectm\system\common.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common_en.pac
copy /b brawlmods\projectm\system\common2.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common2_en.pac
copy /b brawlmods\projectm\system\common3.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common3_en.pac
copy /b brawlmods\projectm\system\common4.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common4_en.pac
copy /b brawlmods\projectm\system\common5.pac ssbb.d\files\system\common5_en.pac

xcopy wouldn't replace them, but just make new ones. But, it would come handy in fighter directory, where something like that doesn't occur.

joltz

Trophies
XP
Country

Yeah I've tried with the 2.6 one and yes I used the modified builder. I think I've managed to test all different options and disabling them. It still does not work :(
I'll give it another go, yes please send a screenie if possible.
Thanks.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have a md5 hash for the 1.02 ntsc iso... or can you tell me another way to verify, whether or not I got the right iso...
the thing is, I own a pal wiiu and hence I buy pal games... I own a pal copy of SSBB (here a photo, in case you dont believe me http://www.imagebanana.com/code/vaj9zj2q/CAM000671.jpg) and I know, that Project M is not compatible with a pal disc or iso, so I downloaded a ntsc iso, because I believe, when I own the pal version, its ok to acquire an iso of the ntsc version (maybe not really legal, but nevertheless I dont believe I am doing anything wrong here)
I think I got the wrong iso, because I cant seem to get this to work... I used the patcher with the modified .bat and changed the gctsize 9088 value to 9100
When I start the game via WiiFlow it seems to work at first but always crashes when I start a match :(
I also tried using the homebrew solution without building a new iso and I even set the hook to dvi and enabled ocarina, but the iso just loads normally, without loading the Project M files, so I suspect that I have the wrong iso :/
All the FAQs about playing Project M on a pal machine, say you gotta use dvi hook type and ocarina enabled in USB Loader GX, but that program just wont recognize the game, only WiiFlow does >.<

Edit: oh and yeh, I could buy a ntsc copy, because my vwii is softmodded, but I dont see, why I should be forced to buy another region version of a game, that I already own... ... -_-

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
sorry for the dumb question, but does anyone have a md5 hash for the 1.02 ntsc iso... or can you tell me another way to verify, whether or not I got the right iso...
the thing is, I own a pal wiiu and hence I buy pal games... I own a pal copy of SSBB (here a photo, in case you dont believe me http://www.imagebanana.com/code/vaj9zj2q/CAM000671.jpg) and I know, that Project M is not compatible with a pal disc or iso, so I downloaded a ntsc iso, because I believe, when I own the pal version, its ok to acquire an iso of the ntsc version (maybe not really legal, but nevertheless I dont believe I am doing anything wrong here)
I think I got the wrong iso, because I cant seem to get this to work... I used the patcher with the modified .bat and changed the gctsize 9088 value to 9100
When I start the game via WiiFlow it seems to work at first but always crashes when I start a match :(
I also tried using the homebrew solution without building a new iso and I even set the hook to dvi and enabled ocarina, but the iso just loads normally, without loading the Project M files, so I suspect that I have the wrong iso :/
All the FAQs about playing Project M on a pal machine, say you gotta use dvi hook type and ocarina enabled in USB Loader GX, but that program just wont recognize the game, only WiiFlow does >.<

Edit: oh and yeh, I could buy a ntsc copy, because my vwii is softmodded, but I dont see, why I should be forced to buy another region version of a game, that I already own... ... -_-
Try disabling all hooks?

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I only use dvi hook when I load the unmodified iso with the homebrew patch solution.. when I load the modified iso, I dont use any hooks, still crashes
Hm, I don't really know. I haven't tried building an ISO myself, I'm using the cheats method on a clean ISO.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well since that method doesnt work for me either, I suspect I got the wrong iso.. can you tell me your unmodified iso's md5 hash?
I think mine has the update partition and maybe the Other as well removed, so it's not unmodified. Then again the cheats method should work. Are you sure you're doing it correctly? I copied the GCT file to the place where my USB loader loads cheats from, the whole /private/ folder stuff to the SD card and I think there was one other file that I put on the root of the SD card (although I forgot which). After that it should work if you turn on cheats... I don't know a whole lot about it either, though.

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I think mine has the update partition and maybe the Other as well removed, so it's not unmodified. Then again the cheats method should work. Are you sure you're doing it correctly? I copied the GCT file to the place where my USB loader loads cheats from, the whole /private/ folder stuff to the SD card and I think there was one other file that I put on the root of the SD card (although I forgot which). After that it should work if you turn on cheats... I don't know a whole lot about it either, though.
I jusz checked again, to be 100% sure. The gct file is stored in wiiflow's "/codes/gct/" folder, but it just wont recognize it... when I activate ocarina and want to look at the cheats, it says there are 0. If I download codes via WiiFlow, it stores them in a .txt file in the "/codes/" folder ... >_<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle