Hacking SSBB Mod ISO Builder

Should ProjectM Full Set and Wifi-Safe versions share same GameID or have different GameIDs?

• Total voters

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone got this to work with P:M 2.6?

Everything seems to run fine until I get to the character select screen.

d5JIVwQ.jpg

See, I was getting this on Project M 2.5b, unless they released project M 2.6 early-- :/
Guess i'll try it again with the 2.6 bat.

If anyone was curious about the differences between 1.00 and 1.02
http://www.diffchecker.com/kav4ut34

1.02 on the left, 1.00 on the right.

I'm still getting that even with the mod for 2.6 and the 2.6 ProjM pack. :(

I'm about ready to just say fuck it, and give up. I've tried building this stupid thing at least 20 times now to no avail. I'm gonna try one more thing. Exporting as ISO and then converting to WBFS with WiiBackupManager.

If that doesn't work, I give the hell up. I can't understand how this isn't working if my ISO has been verified as working and the ISO builder isn't returning any errors, yet it still gives this broken character select screen and anything beyond that is absolutely unplayable.

EDIT: In the end it was a loader issue, see my next post for details

CheatFreak47

Catgirl Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK I FIGURED IT OUT.

It's the hooking. If you have your USB Loader set to have hooks enabled to VBI or something like that it'll crash always for some reason. Maybe something to do with the necessary patches not running because the hook occupies the area of memory they run in. Or something of that nature... In any case, if you're running these games on a USB Loader. So...

Attention anyone running this on a USB Loader:
DISABLE ALL HOOKS. It'll run without crashing if you do that.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Current Version: v1.00
Updated: 2013-07-13

Hello everyone,

A while back, when Newer SMBW was released, I made an ISO Builder to combine the Newer distro pack and a NSMBW ISO to build an ISO version of Newer. During that time, I saw a few people posting asking if similar things could be done for SSBB and its Mods. I thought I would give it a go to see if I could, and I managed to do it, using my NSMBW Mod ISO Builder as a base So now...

I present, SSBB Mod ISO Builder :)

Here is the README:
Code:
SSBB Mod ISO Builder v1.00
Builder by damysteryman/Team DARK
Powered by WIT v2.22c r4523 by Wiimm

Thanks to Wiimm for Batch file info and assistance
Thanks to AbdallahTerro for providing custom Banner DL Repository
Credits also to Wiimm for WIT, included in this pack
Also uses wget from cygwin package

This will combine an ISO/WBFS copy of Super Smash Bros. Brawl
and riivolution/ocarina style packs of the following Mods:

- Project M
- Brawl -
- Brawl +
- Balanced Brawl

...to create a standard ISO/WBFS version of the selected Mod.

Supports only USA versions of SSBB, since most of these Mods themselves
only support the USA version of SSBB.

HOWTO:
1. Extract contents of this .zip file to a new working directory.
Get your ISO of SSBB, and copy it to the same directory as
this README file.

2. Copy the contents of the Mod you want (the riivolution folder containing its
xmls AND the folder of content along with the riivolution folder) to this same
directory as this README file.

3. Run Build_ISO.bat, follow its prompts and wait for it to build
the Mod ISO.

4. Use/run the newly built ISO/WBFS however way you would :P

5. Enjoy!

Generated ISO has Header GameID of:
Project M:    RSBEPM
Brawl -:    RSBEBM
Brawl +:    RSBEBP
Balanced Brawl:    RSBEBB

There is also an option to change the tmd/ticket ID of KSBE to keep savegames
seperate from the original game's one in Data Management.

Also, there is also to option to download a custom banner (.bnr aka
"Disc Channel" display) for the ISO/WBFS from AbdallahTerro's repository, or provide
your own. Your .bnr files go in the "banners" folder, with the Mod's GameID as its filename
(e.g. RSBEPM.bnr for ProjectM).

WBFS output has been tested in both Dolphin and on Wii/vWii via USB Loaders and seems to
be working fine. ISO output has not been tested, nor has loading via burned disc.

Changelog:

v1.00
- Initial release.

You provide it an valid SSBB ISO (Only USA version supported, since these Mods only really support USA version themselves), along with the Mod's files, run the script, follow the prompts to make your selection, and then let it do its thing.

I have personally tested .wbfs on Dolphin, and on real Wii and vWii via USB Loader GX, and it seems to all work fine, using SSBB USA disc v1.02 as a base.
I have not tested .iso on burned discs however.

Unsure if other configurations and situations will work fine, please report any issues here and hopefully we will be able to help fix them.

Download v1.00: (2013-07-13)
Filetrip
Mediafire

Enjoy!

So what would happen if you try to run additional hacks on top of a hacked iso?

Also, how do some CSS, not to mention other character mods and desired effects such as free camera fare which require codes to operate correctly?
CSSDFB275.png

Oh, also perhaps some good sites like this should be put in the OP for clueless individuals :)
http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
I think this .bat file specifically looks for certain files to patch so you can't really add anything new, not that you couldn't modify the file really easily.

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just wanted to say thanks for that. I used the modified .bat file from this post to patch my V2 Brawl ISO (atleast I think it is V2 because it says RVL-RSBE-USA-2 on the disk label) I once ripped with cleanrip with Project Melee 2.6 and everything works like a charm so far. I have to say I only tried training mode and played a few VS matches, but I'm sure subspace and event matches etc will work fine, too.

drakorex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So have all codes for all hacks (the good ones anyway) been confirmed working using this program? What do we do for characters that need codes in order to not freeze?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think the codes are applied as memory patches directly onto the ISO through the riivolution xml and codehandler.bin file. That's what I assume atleast. Have never used riivolution myself before, so I could be wrong

Disorarara

Trophies
XP
Country
Project Melee will freeze on subspace and event matches and sometimes classic mode as well, since they have the chance of accidentally loading something that doesn't exist anymore, like Pokemon Trainer.

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm I got it to work, not with a 1.02 version. My md5 thing didn't even match the wiitdb ones at all. No freezes on character select, or on loading a stage. I changed my IOS to 249 on wiiflow and cfg USB loader and they both worked so I wonder if that did the trick? Thanks for the ISO builder :)

Edit: using Project M demo 2.6 I might add

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
How have I not HEARD ABOUT THIS?!:blink:
I had to find out about this from the Melee Netplay thread over at Smashboards!

EDIT: This will work with the new Brawl- MAX beta, right?

EDIT2: Pretty good, but I have some issues.

Using the modified BAT for ProjectM 2.6, it worked perfectly. However, the File Patch Code is still somehow active, so if I don't pop out my SD Card, remnants of an old Brawl Minus installation get mixed in.
I can probably use GCTEdit to fix this pretty easily, but the ISO builder should do it for me.

Using the new Brawl Minus MAX beta, I had to rename the ZIP and the extracted folder. Then, I rebuilt the Riivolution GCT with the input lag fix (and yes, I did confirm that was the only change in output). Running the ISO builder with that resulted in a playable WBFS pair, but during the building process, it said it couldn't apply patches. The character and menu modifications are in place, but i tried to save a replay longer than 3 minutes, and it didn't work, so I think no codes were applied.

EDIT3: After scouring the internet, I found some pretty badass covers for ProjectM. I converted them for use on Configurable USB Loader. If anyone wants them, I can attach them.

lapatateinc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wanted to use your tool to build Project M off Brawl, and I keep getting errors. I think my own-dumped WBFS was corrupted so I will try downloading it off, since I don't have my Wii anyone to dump it.
Do you need to use the Dual-Layered ISO or the one with the scrapped SSE movies will work ?

ghneko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question. When it comes to P:M for this, does this inject a gct somewhere so you no longer need a gct file, or do you still need to use an SD card to load the gct?

wf6608

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I built Plus 7.0.3 and Minus 2.x.6 and they worked very well, but i'm not quite sure if all codes implemented correctly, because in both mods Legendary Pokemon were still appearing on Spear Pillar. Wasn't this stage supposed to be frozen, just like WarioWare and Pokemon Stadium 2?

Project M 2.6b was little more troublesome. I built it using alejandroues's modified .bat, but CSS was all messed up and it crashed during fight loading, leaving annoying beeping sound, so i changed SET GCTSIZE=9088 to SET GCTSIZE=9100 in .bat file and it worked flawlessly.

Anyway, good work, gotta love this and your NSMBWii ISO Builder.

Oh, by the way i used some DVD5 ISO with ripped videos.

Wertriel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Minus MAX

Sorry to be a bother, but could you elaborate on what exactly you did to get this to work (more or less) with this builder? I'm pretty useless outside of following explicit steps when it comes to this kind of thing, and I'm not sure what I'm precisely meant to be renaming anything to, or what the input lag fix is (or where to put it). Since the 2.x.6 link is dead, I'm kinda up the creek with getting any Minus version to work with my ISO of Brawl. My physical copy is complete crap I was just barely able to get a clean rip off in the first place, so running Minus MAX through the bog-standard methods is useless to me. It's ISO or bust. Thanks in advance if you catch this.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Sorry to be a bother, but could you elaborate on what exactly you did to get this to work (more or less) with this builder? I'm pretty useless outside of following explicit steps when it comes to this kind of thing, and I'm not sure what I'm precisely meant to be renaming anything to, or what the input lag fix is (or where to put it). Since the 2.x.6 link is dead, I'm kinda up the creek with getting any Minus version to work with my ISO of Brawl. My physical copy is complete crap I was just barely able to get a clean rip off in the first place, so running Minus MAX through the bog-standard methods is useless to me. It's ISO or bust. Thanks in advance if you catch this.
Well, I pretty much followed the instructions to the letter. I had some issues with codes not applying, but it still feels like Minus to me.

On a related note, I'm waiting for the ISO builder to update for the latest MAX beta, since it moved all the files into the Minusery folder. Unless the builder doesn't need to update, that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol