Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Friends please.
Can we not agree that all of Final Fantasy is equally as shit as every other Final Fantasy?
Honestly, we should just agree that Square-Enix (the core studio, not all the studios the giant has devoured over the years) just wants to make movies at this point and they don't understand why people dislike their approach. :tpi:

Reactions: chavosaur

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I could easily get behind more games akin to Bravely Default. Never been huge on turn based games but BD did things very right.

As for seeing a good Final Fantasy title...good luck with that. Squeenix has struggled with action combat in their core series for a very long time now. KH is clinging to the awful menu-action system and now Final Fantasy has basically taken the same path. Though I admit the combat in FFXIII-3 was actually very appealing, I almost bought the game just because it looked actually fun. They're at a bit of an awkward crossroad where they're trying to appease their turn-based fanbase while attempting to appeal the new generation of gamers who are gradually switching over to action-based RPGs.
Oh and firing whoever the hell writes the stories would be a great idea. There really isn't much else to be said other than: FFXIII-3.
I could accept FFXIII. I genuinely don't understand the hate when basically every Final Fantasy game has an equally mediocre story filled with 'wtf is this' moments, I can even accept that FFXIII-2 made things worse when it tried to fix things. But I cannot even COMPREHEND what the hell they were thinking when they wrote FFXIII-3. They did literally everything wrong that could have been done wrong in a story (haven't played it myself but I watched it played/read up on the story for lulz). They literally took the game, drove it into the ground and then for their sequel they drove it so far it actually popped out of the other side of the earth and then kept going directly through space and into the sun.
/rant

I hope they do actually turn things around and the next Final Fantasy game they make will actually be a good one, and that we'll see some GOOD titles from them in the future. Bravely Default was at least a positive sign that they can still do things right.

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You don't like having the option to choose your own classes for characters? welp

Of course I like, I was just pointing out similarities.

It's the spiritual successor to the The 4 Heroes of Light, not Final Fantasy III.

I wasn't totally impressed by III, but I've never played 4 Heroes so I can't speak for it personally. However, I have a lot of good things about Bravely Default. I wouldn't totally dismiss it, it seems something worth looking into.

FFIII wasn't nearly as bad as FFXIII.
Obligatory jab :tpi:

FF III and Bravery Default share their pack of similarities, and I was just pointing that.
My point was, this game isn't all this original as some tempers were talking about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Kaden maybe contact the staff? I don't know how all that works