Square-Enix Admits They Made A Mistake

loco365

Trophies
XP
If they started making quality games (Like, remakes of their original games (IV DS was good in my regard), not the mobile BS (See: FFVI Mobile) we're getting now), I think people would start investing in them again.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
I guess... Lightning never strikes thrice.. actually, she did.. make that frice.
Honestly though, it was a hallway simulator followed by a fashion simulator (and Square considered making it a dating simulator as well.. April Fools but you never know).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not more terrible than what an actual FF7 remake would be like actually, if VII Crisis Core, and IV The After Years are any indication.
Not every (good) game needs a sequel. I haven't played it myself but Final Fantasy 6 is regarded as one of the best Final Fantasy titles and one of the best RPGs. That alone will set the bars high and.
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years is a great example of why this shouldn't happen. An awkward game in general
You also cited Crisis Core, but look at Dirge of Cerberus at how terrible it was.
And Final Fantasy X-2 where the only decent thing about it was it's battle system. Killed Yuna's character for the favor of fanservice.

Final Fantasy needs to stop doing sequels, it goes against what the series stood for.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mistake? Oh, like the IOS remakes for FFIV, V and VI that look like they were ripped RPG Maker VX games? If so, then all is forgiven.

Yeah, if they can actually redo a Final Fantasy game on IOS that doesn't look like shit, I might consider getting it. They need to go back to their roots.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Erm....how is this article in any way related to final fantasy? It's about bravely default. And you su...I mean Yosuke mentions the hitman series is going back to their roots.

You guys didn't like FF13 (well...some of you don't). I get it. But shouldn't you do things like NOT BUY THEM rather than banging on about it at every freakin' opportunity?

To me, the only problem square enix (or any game developer) has is that they don't build games anymore but franchises. The success of bravely default could very well be that it wasn't sequel elevenhundred to a franchise that was milked to death already.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Erm....how is this article in any way related to final fantasy? It's about bravely default. And you su...I mean Yosuke mentions the hitman series is going back to their roots.

You guys didn't like FF13 (well...some of you don't). I get it. But shouldn't you do things like NOT BUY THEM rather than banging on about it at every freakin' opportunity?

To me, the only problem square enix (or any game developer) has is that they don't build games anymore but franchises. The success of bravely default could very well be that it wasn't sequel elevenhundred to a franchise that was milked to death already.

And killing the remakes for mobile devices, they show how not to remake a game.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
:( it makes me sad you're standards are so low...13 was utter crap. I refuse to even keep it in my collection which includes every other FF game besides 13 and it's thoughtless money grabbing sequels.

I am bloody srs and my standards are different then most people's standards. I hate western games, I hate games which require a too long attention span. And FF XIII seems to fit me pretty well, it can be played in short bursts, looks pretty, has a nice and easy battle system so I don't have to make much effort.(Yet it remains somewhat challenging)

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By FF Six, you mean FF Three for the SNES. I much prefer the console version since the screen is much bigger than the GameBoy's will ever be. And, uh, who's Lightning? I've heard of her: but what was the first game she appeared in? And can we get some sort of date on when they'll start making Final Fantasy games again for Nintendo as retribution for their mistake?

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

I haven't played Bravery Default but what I heard is that it's almost a sequel to Final Fantasy III,
It follows the same chibi style from FFIII DS, the gameplay is basically the same, characters have classes and you can change them,
even their stories are similar, like having to find the crystals.

TyBlood13

As Seen On GBATempTV
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't played Bravery Default but what I heard is that it's almost a sequel to Final Fantasy III,
It follows the same chibi style from FFIII DS, the gameplay is basically the same, characters have classes and you can change them,
Thank you for giving me more reason not to buy BD, FFIII DS was shit.

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
It's the spiritual successor to the The 4 Heroes of Light, not Final Fantasy III.

I wasn't totally impressed by III, but I've never played 4 Heroes so I can't speak for it personally. However, I have a lot of good things about Bravely Default. I wouldn't totally dismiss it, it seems something worth looking into.

FFIII wasn't nearly as bad as FFXIII.
Obligatory jab :tpi:

Black-Ice

Founder of the Church of Renamon
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Friends please.
Can we not agree that all of Final Fantasy is equally as shit as every other Final Fantasy?

CHAVOSAUR
I FEEL INCLINED TO TELL YOU THAT

c56.gif

CompassNorth

Denko (´・ω・`)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gameplay is more like the superior FFV than crappy FFIII

You don't like having the option to choose your own classes for characters? welp

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1BDM1oBRJ8