Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
I'll admit, I'm stoked for Metroid: Other M. Team Ninja is a very reputable developer, and them collaborating with Nintendo is a dream come true for many.

But like all hyped games, there's always going to be speculation. Some people right here on the 'Temp have made some good points about the upcoming game, saying that they're worried of the linearity, the departure from the classic Metroid formula, and the limited control scheme, namely the auto-target system. And to be honest, these are good points. Will the game throw exploration out the window? Will it try to reinvent everything we know and love about the franchise? Will the game fall short because of its Wiimote-only design? Bahh, all these things have got me more worried than a mother on her kid's first day of school.
wacko.gif

As a huge nerd, I've been reading the previews and impressions of the game that magazines and websites have to offer, taking care to note the praise and criticism they give it as development goes along.
In this recent article from IGN, Craig Harris, whose opinion I find very reliable, seems to have been using a final build of the game as reference, and he's not without his gripes.He notes the auto-targeting system, saying that the game " the game plays itself a lot", and that if feels "awkward to jump in and jump out" of the first-person mode constantly. He goes on to say that the game has very nice presentation and visuals, but... It's all about game play in the end, am I right?

What do you guys think? Am I just being a worry wart?
unsure.gif

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
OP
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
He's the one who started the "3DS is as powerful as PS3/360" rumor.

SJ_Shoulder_Shrug1.jpg

Ah well, I still like 'im!
wink.gif

Anyway, yeah, I guess I might be worrying too much. After all, who holds someone's opinions to a higher regard than their own?

Idiots do!

I get an "F" for today.
tongue.gif

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
monkat said:
geoflcl said:
monkat said:
geoflcl said:
Craig Harris, whose opinion I find very reliable

....Why?

Because he's honest.

He's the one who started the "3DS is as powerful as PS3/360" rumor.
All he does is relay what hes heard. He never said anything is true. He just wants the fans to know the info and decide for themselves.

Ontopic: Theres gonna be exploration no doubt about that. For the most part its the old metroid formula we all no and love. The things worth worrying about are controls and story. For story it depends on you. If your the type that take everything too seriously then your gonna probably hate this game. Luckily for me I dont and i will love the most insignificant details about samus. controls are worth some worry for me. that whole auto aim things is sounding like a bitch. i really need to play the entire game to decide. but i have a feeling it wont be the best decision but i wont mind looking past it for some great moments in the game.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Only thing i'm worried about is difficulty, because it'll be boring without it.

Unfortunately seems like they've made it EZmode. But I guess i'll see once it's actually released.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We are VR Troopers lol +1