Sony to reveal PS4 Virtual Reality headset at TGS

GameWinner

Take your heart
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Along with a showcase of over 50 Playstation titles (four new PS4 titles apparently), Sony is preparing to reveal the final piece of its PS4 hardware strategy at this year's Tokyo Game Show by showcasing a PlayStation-branded virtual reality head-mounted display.
It originally intended to reveal the headset at Gamescom but plans fell through at the eleventh hour. The company is currently weighing up whether the PS4 device should be pitched as a key differentiator for the console or a non-essential add-on.

The matter has been slightly complicated, but not derailed, by the growing industry support for Oculus Rift. Sony's device will be a categorical rival to Oculus, and for months there have been rumours suggesting the two companies are seeking a partnership.
Apparently, the device is being used by Evolution Studios who is currently working with the device to simulate a cockpit view on its PS4 title Drive Club.

Source

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This seems to suggest there's a rift between Sony and Oculus.

I hope they make peace, but I'm afraid that's virtually impossible.

Reactions: lismati

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If PS4 lets me transform into this...

vrtxt8.jpg

it will be an instant buy!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.tomshardware.com/raspberry-pi/orangepi-and-huawei-collaborate-on-new-dev-board-with-m...