• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Some Democrats calling for Biden to stand down in 2024

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a lot of good reasons to not want Biden or Trump to run. I don't think that translates in how the vote pans out regardless.

Hasn't gotten any better, either. Landlines are still far too over-represented.

Don't get me wrong, there are a lot of other candidates I'd prefer to BIden as well, I just think you're getting too far ahead of yourself.

Polling is getting better, and methods are changing. Only 10% of pollsters are using land-line alone now. And regardless, in 2016 and 2020 the polls understated R support. So if anything, this trend in swing states could be even worse than it looks

https://www.pewresearch.org/methods/2023/04/19/how-public-polling-has-changed-in-the-21st-century/

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The population of the USA is always growing, it's very common in a 4 or 8 year span to beat the record for most votes - because more people are available to vote

im well aware asshole, joe biden has let in some of the countries, no, the worlds greatest people i dont need you to tell me that.

• Haha
Reactions: AkikoKumagara

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Honestly, I think he should stand down and allow someone to take his place. We had our fun having another establishment shill returning us to the status quo, but this shit needs to change.
Although, I think we need to get all of the elderly out of government, period. The fact that many of these people have been in power longer than most of have been alive is concerning.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
My problem is there's like 8,000 republicans running, and maybe 3 democrats... Is anyone else gonna run for the blue side? I want another democrat, but Joe isn't my first choice. Hakeem Jeffries would make a badass president IMHO.

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem is there's like 8,000 republicans running, and maybe 3 democrats... Is anyone else gonna run for the blue side? I want another democrat, but Joe isn't my first choice. Hakeem Jeffries would make a badass president IMHO.

The DNC has already cancelled any plans to hold primary debates and has made it clear enough that anyone who attempts to run as a primary challenger will also be cancelled. Biden will likely be the only candidate listed on most states' Dem primary ballots. This utter lack of a democratic process is apparently necessary, to defend "our democracy."

Once Biden "wins" the nomination, I think Dick Morris (who is almost always wrong) might be on to something for once ... Biden might then step down and someone (Newsom?) will be very democratically appointed to replace him on the ticket.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think most Democrats wouldn't jump in, unless Biden jumps out. I'm sure there is a lot that want a shot otherwise and waiting for 2028, if Biden actual sticks with it the whole time. I do think Newsom is one of them.

Reactions: Jayro

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
OP
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The DNC has already cancelled any plans to hold primary debates and has made it clear enough that anyone who attempts to run as a primary challenger will also be cancelled. Biden will likely be the only candidate listed on most states' Dem primary ballots. This utter lack of a democratic process is apparently necessary, to defend "our democracy."

Once Biden "wins" the nomination, I think Dick Morris (who is almost always wrong) might be on to something for once ... Biden might then step down and someone (Newsom?) will be very democratically appointed to replace him on the ticket.
Totally normal for the sitting president to not receive a challenge from his party

After all he is basically the head of the party

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
need to point out your white privilege's on the word " a lot" not even considering not everyones first language is english eric.
That has nothing to do with race, try again. Also, the reason I made fun of your grammar is because you were calling other users low IQ, so the irony is RIGHT THERE.

If you call someone dumb and look dumb doing it, it's hard to resist.

lolcatzuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That has nothing to do with race, try again. Also, the reason I made fun of your grammar is because you were calling other users low IQ, so the irony is RIGHT THERE.

If you call someone dumb and look dumb doing it, it's hard to resist.

sure it does, im not white, so english isnt my first language, mocking me as a result objectively makes you a racist.
Post automatically merged:

Need the MAGA translator again 🙄

Also, that wasn't me and also, I'm not white.

neither am i put it back in the deck.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?