17 vote(s)
    77.3%
  3. No Opinion

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  1. skullskullskull

Newcomer

United States
    It isn't totally free though: you are paying for it though taxes. There are no free lunches.

A Conservative view would be that taxes are theft, your government is stealing your pounds and your choice of how that money is spent. Should your taxes fund life saving surgeries (probably yes) as well as vanity surgeries like boob jobs (imo no)? If you didn't have to pay taxes for health care and education, you would be able to use that money as you saw fit (maybe you want to send your kids to a catholic school for example). On the other hand, you could get more spending power when socializing services like that so I don't really have an opinion on "free healthcare" other than it isn't free.

2. AmandaRose

AmandaRose Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan

United Kingdom
    But you can actually pick what type of school you kids go to here we have either Catholic or protestant or mixed religion schools.

3. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    No one is trying to get cosmetic surgery (as not reconstructive as in after an accident) on a free healthcare plan.

Thats the problem with dumb people discussing hypotheticals. First you have to make it simple for them. Then they take it literal. Then they complain, that 'this be so stupid'. Then they vote to prevent something that never has been real. Then they convince friends.

Welcome to the intelligence of the masses. Have a free balloon. What - balloons are now free?

Then someone says there is such a thing as mixed religions schools.

What?

Education means the opposite of religion (basic believe system). Yes there are some religious fractions running education facilities es well.

What - less than one percent?

How on earth did you end up labeling schools by religious affiliation?

(Mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, ... (77 mixed later...) protestant, mixed, mixed, mixed, mixed, ...)

You know why - btw? Because back in the 17th century something happened called 'separation of state and church' John Locke. Look it up. Someday - news will even reach america.

edit:

Ups. Forgot how america works. 20% of your schools have religious affiliation. Around 8% of PK-12 students visit religious schools. So its more than less than one percent.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  4. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    Sorry but here in Scotland we do have catholic and protestant and mixed religion schools in every town and city.
    https://www.heraldscotland.com/news...sh-schools-is-there-this-kind-of-segregation/

Or simply Google Catholic and protestant schools in Scotland to find out even more.

5. PZT

PZT Member
    Newcomer

United States
    Why is cots calling himself a lurker when he spends every waking hour here posting about political bullshit
    "Thoughts??? Liberals???? Hello?? Yooohooooo!!!"

AmandaRose likes this.
  6. skullskullskull

Newcomer

United States
    Guess that was a bad example then. The idea was that you're losing control of where your money goes by paying taxes for it, instead of buying it directly yourself.

AmandaRose likes this.
  7. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    Eh, didnt she keep people in jail for years while habing evidence they were innocent?

Bernie 2020

8. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    cots need a good old kick in the digital teeth his entire view of democrats are delusional (unless he's the 1% but i doubt it) he doesn't even know (or rather denies outright) any evidence of the rights wrongdoings (especially trump) and that the left is trying to uphold our nations constitution if the oposite was true and a democrat was being impeached *cough* bill clinton *cough* they wouldn't try to even obstruct justice like how this admin is doing, personally we need a nuclear option in case half the congress is compromised or corrupt (which they obviously are) and i'm not even talking totally on congress i read an article today that KY's governor just pardoned many pedophiles,rapist and murderers on his last day in office before a democrat enters the pardon powers of both the president and even lower offices of power should have a check system itself and should be over ridden if the pardoned subjects pose a real danger to society, what could stop trump before being removed to issue a sweeping pardon on all ISIS militants captured and imprisoned freeing them from captivity.....nothing as of now

9. raystriker

raystriker The powers that be

India
    Are we gonna talk about how a Democrat senator just jumped ship to the Republican side?

10. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    Will do. :)

Point of contention was "mixed religion schools" as if 'religion' was a classifier for schools. :)

AmandaRose likes this.
  11. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    Thats the point I was making though catholics go to Catholic schools here same way protestants go to protestant school. All other religions (and sometimes Catholics/Protestants should they wish) go to mixed religion schools.

Religion is a big thing here and its not uncommon for Catholics not to speak to protestants and vice versa simply because of their chosen religion.

12. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    And protestants and catholics are grouped shortly after birth? At the point of their baptism? (So basically inherited?)

;)

I'm not trying to make this an argument - I was just urked by a figure of speech. I'll end it here.. ;)

AmandaRose likes this.
  13. AmandaRose

United Kingdom
    I get your point being an outsider to things happening here in Scotland but they are actually called mixed religion schools here so for me its not a figure of speach its what they are called lol. Quite simply here you do pick your school by your religion. As daft as that may sound to a non Scottish person.

14. RationalityIsLost101

RationalityIsLost101 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Are you referring to Jeff Van Drew? He's not a senator. He's in the house. He's also not much of an established democrat, as he just came into office this year. He comes from a purple district that Trump had support in 2016. I'm not familiar with his voting record. It could be possible that he ran under a democratic ticket to ride a blue wave and now that he's elected intended to jump ship to policies he aligns with and is just using the impeachment process as an excuse.

Or its possible his narrative that he presents is honest. I haven't followed him enough to really comment further.

15. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

United States
    Oh, btw - this thread should be closed - or at least renamed, because of propaganda naming practices.

Its plainly misleading, fake objective sounding, because of tropes used - and openly propagates a lie everytime someone ups it again.

If that thread title actually manages to be on this forum up until the election - right wing trolls will laugh their asses off. And to any moderater thinking, that reading a lie - that sounds like something that could be true, hundrends of times - when opening this forum - does nothing to people, think again. And if no action is taken, at least it now is confronted in here. Because yes, people are that easily manipulated.

Now - on to my thread Trump twitterbombs his sons posting asking their hardcores to celebrate doxing/harras democratic members of senate, together with publishing their phonenumbers.

Because that just happened.

Would get you banned - anywhere on the internet. But the president of the United States is engaging in spreading that thing. Wonderful.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Candidates, Democrats, Concerned