Like the english menu, Big Letters
tongue.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
If only Darth has finished the patch to 100%, I'd peel my R4 sticker, print out a sticker with Soma Bringer pic, and stick it on my R4, then I'd set it to auto-load Soma Bringer, I'd like to see those who knows it's in Japan but don't know about this translation react
tongue.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, let's see.....half of the final chapter that needs translating is done.....does that mean the translation completion percentage is 95%?

Then I'm 5% away from checking out this game for the first time.

biggrin.gif

I've never even booted the vanilla version since it's all in Japanese. I just can't tolerate looking at all that text I don't understand. I'll not bother checking it out until the translation is done because I don't want to have to patch it more than once. Yeah, I'm lazy that way.

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
So, let's see.....half of the final chapter that needs translating is done.....does that mean the translation completion percentage is 95%?
The cutscenes are 93.03% complete, while the rest of the lines (mostly NPC conversations, the encyclopedia/tutorials, etc.) are 58.96%. (this is all available on the main page of the wiki)
I count lines where I'm really guessing at the translation as 50% complete.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
NPC Conversations? At which act?

But, Darth, maybe it's better to translate the library instead of NPCs the library provides us with info about how to maximize your potential in Soma Bringer, while NPCs are usually just some useless text, like the guy in Amarty who said the're was an earthquake

BTW: the're no cheat for the latest patch
frown.gif
, oh wel, better turtle myself then to gain level

Goroke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I just updated the rom to the latest one and there's something wrong with it...

I'm on Act 1 and every single time I try to go into a cave, the game freezes.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Actually, I think that publishers should be aware of this, and DarthNemesis should be offered lots of money in exchange for this translation!!
And then, the game should be released officially.....but trust me, if I were filthy rich, I'd give this guy so much money, so he wouldn't need to work for the rest of his life....and he deserved it, selflessly working and sharing this patch........

Go Darth, you can reach 100%!!!!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Raestloz said:
Darth, maybe it's better to translate the library instead of NPCs the library provides us with info about how to maximize your potential in Soma Bringer, while NPCs are usually just some useless text, like the guy in Amarty who said the're was an earthquake

BTW: the're no cheat for the latest patch
frown.gif
, oh wel, better turtle myself then to gain levelYeah, I can do the library before the rest of the NPCs. As for cheats, the new game ID is included in the readme. Just replace it in your cheat file.

Goroke said:
Hi. I just updated the rom to the latest one and there's something wrong with it...

I'm on Act 1 and every single time I try to go into a cave, the game freezes.Tried it on my game and didn't have any trouble. Maybe your firmware is out of date; did you try with the unpatched game?

QUOTE(Killermech @ Aug 27 2008, 02:48 PM)
Amazing work! Many thanks for all the work you've spent on this. I just reached act 1 and have only found one typo. Keep up the good work!
Uh, mind posting it?

WhyKlef

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just want to say thanks to DarthNemesis and everyone else who's providing in Translating this game! I'm lucky I stumbled upon that patch because it is one amazing game! Don't miss out on this one!!

DarthNemesis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
samuraibunny said:
Is the translation going to be covering the subquests?It's going to be a 100% translation.

Warcueid said:
QUOTE(Killermech @ Aug 28 2008, 04:32 AM) Should be:
'The vocational character classes show their [Class Rank]'

instead of 'there'.
There should also be no comma after level.
Ahh, I never did get around to checking the help messages. I'll retranslate them in the next patch.

Also, I updated SomaFont to include those popup boxes and allow you to view more lines at a time.

Goroke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the unpatched version to go into the cave. It worked perfectly fine. The firmware is the latest (R4 1.18...I think) and right now I'm gonna try to download another rom and patch that one, and hope it works
tongue.gif

EDIT: It did work!! Sorry to bother you. Thanks for the great patch!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty