Hardware So my Wii U gamepad is now broken, how effed am I?

Bubbysaur

u cnt hindle mai sweg
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was away from home for 2 days and I guess my gamepad fell off of the dresser somehow and broke. The left side triggers and broken and can't be pressed, the screen has a crack that blocks most of the stuff on it, and I am strangely not that mad.

The touchscreen still works and I can sort of navigate Hulu and Netflix, and I play Smash with the Wiimote and Nunchuck or 3DS depending on my mood.

Considering all of this, how fucked am I? :(

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Your only option to get a GamePad replacement is either Nintendo or fork it out on eBay.

Netflix on Wii U is stupidly restricted to using only the GamePad which boggles my mind.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a bunch of broken gamepads, fix as many as you can. Sell them. Profit.
True. There are lots of broken ones on eBay for cheap. If you buy 3 or 4 you can probable price together a working one.

I am starting to regret buying a second console only. Splatoon is the only reason really. It would be great if my kids and I could form a squad and play online together.

RepeatingDigits

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Nintendo made the Gamepad modular and really easy to assemble and dissasemble, so you can swap out any parts that don't work for new ones if you can use a screwdriver and are careful.
How do I know? I replaced my left stick and got to see the internals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :) +1