So my Wii U gamepad is now broken, how effed am I?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Bubbysaur, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Bubbysaur
    OP

Bubbysaur u cnt hindle mai sweg

Jul 21, 2015
    United States
    So I was away from home for 2 days and I guess my gamepad fell off of the dresser somehow and broke. The left side triggers and broken and can't be pressed, the screen has a crack that blocks most of the stuff on it, and I am strangely not that mad.

The touchscreen still works and I can sort of navigate Hulu and Netflix, and I play Smash with the Wiimote and Nunchuck or 3DS depending on my mood.

Considering all of this, how fucked am I? :(

2. WiiCube_2013

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Your only option to get a GamePad replacement is either Nintendo or fork it out on eBay.

Netflix on Wii U is stupidly restricted to using only the GamePad which boggles my mind.

3. Slartibartfast42

Slartibartfast42 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 6, 2013
    United States
    Buy a bunch of broken gamepads, fix as many as you can. Sell them. Profit.

4. thorasgar

thorasgar Checkout my evil Soon-in-atorâ„¢

Jul 3, 2010
    United States
    True. There are lots of broken ones on eBay for cheap. If you buy 3 or 4 you can probable price together a working one.

I am starting to regret buying a second console only. Splatoon is the only reason really. It would be great if my kids and I could form a squad and play online together.

5. RepeatingDigits

RepeatingDigits GBAtemp Regular

Apr 9, 2015
    Chile
    Nintendo made the Gamepad modular and really easy to assemble and dissasemble, so you can swap out any parts that don't work for new ones if you can use a screwdriver and are careful.
    How do I know? I replaced my left stick and got to see the internals.