Homebrew Snes9x RX - A new fork.

Which one is the typography you think should be the main one from now on? (Images on page 22)

• Earthworm Jim 2

Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Kirby Super Star

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Super Bomberman 2

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • Earthworm Jim

Votes: 2 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi @niuus

Can you help me checking the modifications i made basing on your suggestions of Snes9x RX (https://gbatemp.net/posts/9544065) and compile them for me in DOL for test them?

I've saved my modifications with all the required files in https://github.com/saulfabregwiivc/Snes9xRX/

I'm also going to modify your FCE Ultra RX emu for have that cool features and add the desired palette I want (but i don't know how to add palettes to FCE Ultra RX).

Greetings
It's not needed anymore, i already did the changes needed after my last message, Next time, calm down on the reminders, or else i will think you're trolling. Did a quick test with the arguments and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, worked pretty fine, it now exits when using the Exit button if you're autobooting the game. When the release is officially out in some hours, i'll tag you.

Reactions: SaulFabre

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
So... this ended up happening:
MUduT7W.jpg

:rofl2:

Anyway, i delayed 5.0.0 a bit so you guys can decide the next main font for the color skins. The Classic ones will have their own, similar to the Mini consoles original typography.

Based on the game cover, use the poll to pick the one you think you like the most. The images are here:
EWJ2
57XeYr9.jpg

KSS
xpfbsgN.jpg

SBM2
ilsnO45.jpg

EWJ
SHQ3oYp.jpg

Last edited by niuus,

SaulFabre

I like Yoshis and the Wii/Wii U scene.
Trophies
Website
saulfabreg-wiivc.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Ecuador
MUduT7W.jpg

Anyway, i delayed 5.0.0 a bit so you guys can decide the next main font for the color skins. The Classic ones will have their own, similar to the Mini consoles original typography.

Based on the game cover, use the poll to pick the one you think you like the most. The images are here:
EWJ2
57XeYr9.jpg

KSS
xpfbsgN.jpg

SBB2
ilsnO45.jpg

EWJ
SHQ3oYp.jpg
waiting for that update, with the fix of the autoboot ROM mode that i suggested...

In my opinion, Super Bomberman 2 is the best font for the new Snes9x RX v5.0.0, so i voted for it. :)

I'm not a troll, please don't think i'm a troll, but i've made a pull request on your GitHub on FCE Ultra RX, as i explained here: https://gbatemp.net/posts/9544785/

Thanks for your work @niuus

@SaulFabre

Last edited by SaulFabre,

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I'm not a troll, please don't think i'm a troll, but i've made a pull request on your GitHub on FCE Ultra RX, as i explained here: https://gbatemp.net/posts/9544785/
[/USER]
It's okey, it was just an expression. The thing is, being bombarded in both threads with the same message is futile. Each thread is their own thing for a reason, and i do not need 6 continuous reminders across 2 days about something that is being written on posts in both threads, as this causes cluttering and it is unnecessary. I know it may not be your intention, but i take actions like that as a form of trolling as this already happened before, specially because it is ignoring the fact that i am clearly saying i read all messages. This is the exact reason i stopped sharing news and wanting to upgrade WiiSXRX. Again, super friendly request, calm down...

waiting for that update, with the fix of the autoboot ROM mode that i suggested...
Calm... down.... relax... breathe. :wtf:

In my opinion, Super Bomberman 2 is the best font for the new Snes9x RX v5.0.0, so i voted for it. :)
Cool, waiting for others to chime in. :yaywii:

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
LOL, i thought the poll was going to end pretty quick with a clear winner, i see that there is a tie. I didn't think the Kirby one was going to be a competitor to the SBM2.

Reactions: PaulR and SaulFabre

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
LOL, i thought the poll was going to end pretty quick with a clear winner, i see that there is a tie. I didn't think the Kirby one was going to be a competitor to the SBM2.
But the poll isn't finished yet. So we have just to wait and then you can release the new version of Snes9x RX, that i'm so impatient to see and test it. Oh, and please don't forget to updating your FCE Ultra RX with the fixes and new color palette i suggested and even made a pull request in your GitHub.

Greetings @niuus

@SaulFabre

danny19901

Trophies
XP
Country
As for fonts I have to say KSS Kirby font in my eyes looks most appealing and because it's bold would look better on HD TV's and more readable

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk

niuus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
As for fonts I have to say KSS Kirby font in my eyes looks most appealing and because it's bold would look better on HD TV's and more readable

Sent from my CPH1951 using Tapatalk
I tested both before and to be honest the KSS font looks a tad bit too bold for HDTVs, so far my favorite for HD screens is SBM2 as it hits the sweet spot. HDTVs are way too clear and mostly big in display size, so it looks crisp, readability will never be an issue with those.

But the poll isn't finished yet.
But i wanted to make a comment on it, anyway.

Last edited by niuus,

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Bomberman 2 :)
MUduT7W.jpg

EWJ2
57XeYr9.jpg

KSS
xpfbsgN.jpg

SBM2
ilsnO45.jpg

EWJ
SHQ3oYp.jpg

boomerang42

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I voted for Bomberman 2 because it's the right amount of boldness to be not too thick but not too thin either. The same could be said of the Jim 2 font, but that's just plain hard to read.

I'm curious with the Kirby font why some of the capital letters are misaligned (Kirby's Dream Land 3 line).

DarthBellic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
speaking of themes, would it be possible to be able to swap out the songs used in the emulators, would be fitting to be able to use the snes classic menu theme with the snes classic ui theme

SaulFabre

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Ecuador
hey @niuus are you going to release the version 5.0.0 of Snes9x RX with the "Super Bomberman 2" font today?

And when you can release a new version of FCE Ultra RX with the proper autoboot ROM function and color palette i'm requesting and even made a pending pull request?

Zorg07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
hey @niuus are you going to release the version 5.0.0 of Snes9x RX with the "Super Bomberman 2" font today?

And when you can release a new version of FCE Ultra RX with the proper autoboot ROM function and color palette i'm requesting and even made a pending pull request?
Relax Saul, he will publish it when he has it ready, he is doing a good job. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte