Hacking SNEEK v2

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
or just delete most of it. try it with just need a system menu, the setting.txt, system menu IOS, and ipslave.bin.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
According to this, http://code.google.com/p/wii-fsck/wiki/EssentialFiles, this is the minimum list of files needed to run the wii:

Code:
/shared1/content.map
/shared1/xxxxxxxx.appÂÂ-- any shared contents referred to by the boot IOS TMD or 1-2's TMD must exist
/shared2
/sys
/ticket
/sys/cert.sys 
/sys/uid.sys -- for translating title_id -> fs owner/user ID
/ticket/00000001/00000002.tik
/ticket/00000001/0000001e.tik
/title/00000001/00000002/content/title.tmd
/title/00000001/00000002/content/xxxxxxxx.app -- all non-shared contents listed in the 1-2 tmd must exist
/title/00000001/00000002/data/iplsave.bin -- channel positioning data
/title/00000001/00000002/data/setting.txt -- contains serial number, region, etc
/title/00000001/0000001e/content/title.tmd -- for boot IOS
/title/00000001/0000001e/content/xxxxxxxx.app

joaodias

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With my BootMii dump extracted with nand extractor (4.2E + BootMii + HBC + DVDx) i get a black screen. But with a dump of my actual configuration (4.2E + BootMii + HBC + DVDx + TBR + cIOS 249, 250, 202, 222, 223 ) it works!

I want to work on my clean dump. Any suggestions?

EDIT:
Ok, the clean dump actually works, but it's really slowwww.
The dump that i've made yesterday it's really fast :s *confused*

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I booted up my Wii with SNEEK.. running a clean 2.0J with no channels, preloader or cIOS whatsover booting off a Sandisk Class 2 2GB SD Card it took 16 seconds from boot to get into the menu.

Also noted, I've cleaned the nand (No save files, deleted recent play history etc)

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
do i just have a bad sd card or something? i extracted my bootmii nand on it, threw in some wiiware/vc games and it takes about 30 seconds to just load the warning screen then another 20/30 seconds to load the damn menu. channels load fast though..

ShakaHeath

Trophies
XP
Country
France
wilsoff said:
SFenton said:
SNEEK works for me but every time I boot it tells me that my NAND is full. Any way to simply get past this so I can continue playing?
You seem to be the only one getting this...
  • Try a new SD card.
  • Use showmiiwads to delete some of the big stuff from you SD-NAND. Do this by setting Option > Change NAND backup path
  • Check if the SD card is write-protected (I don't know if that makes any difference)
  • Get all of the sneek files again (you may have ended up with an old version of something), it says "-added a hack which limits the title size of 0001001 to 42*16KB which should remove the 512MB size limit", on wiibrew.
  • Try crediar's faq: http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

I have the same issue when throwing a lot of RB2 files in the emulated NAND...

But you say that the 512MB size limit was removed, doesn't that mean that I am able to fully use my 8GB SDHC as NAND?
I'm using the latest files (I think) I've downloaded them yesterday. Do I have to compile SNEEK by myself for this to work?
Would this allow me to use a Wii with a 32GB emulated NAND?

This app looks promising, I'll check the thread daily
rolleyes.gif

fiddlefaddle22

Trophies
XP
Country
nico445 said:
do i just have a bad sd card or something? i extracted my bootmii nand on it, threw in some wiiware/vc games and it takes about 30 seconds to just load the warning screen then another 20/30 seconds to load the damn menu. channels load fast though..
I've tried it on a Kingston SD CO1G and a Toshiba SD CO2G and it takes about 50 seconds to get to the Wii menu, so i don't think it's the SD cards that are the cause of the slowness.I'm going to delete all my saves,Startpatch and Channels to see what difference it makes.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
/shared1/xxxxxxxx.appÂÂ-- any shared contents referred to by the boot IOS TMD or 1-2's TMD must exist
/title/00000001/00000002/content/xxxxxxxx.app -- all non-shared contents listed in the 1-2 tmd must exist
Can anyone explain these a little more please? I can see 0000001e, 00000001, 00000015 and a couple of others in the .tmds, but how do I know if there are any others that I need. I'm struggling a bit with the structure of the tmd. Thanks

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
robiul said:
Hey guys, is sneek 2 released? how do I get it to work?

Thanks in advance
The first post would be a good place to start. It would be inefficient to put all the instructions here again, wouldn't it?

AceLighting

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Im having problems getting this to work i done the nand dump using the sneek fs dumper then i organized the sneek files copied them to the sd when i boot up my wii priiloader appears i tried system menu i tried bootmii i get couldnt find hacks.ini error and the only thing i could access was homebrew channel through priiloader, i also tried priiloader settings to autoboot bootmii that didnt work got black screen with a error message said couldnt find hacks.ini then went to priiloader.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem ? any help would be grateful
the nand dump is 3.2e

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wilsoff said:
Can anyone explain these a little more please?

in the tmd, there is a entry for each content. check wiibrew for how to find it. that entry has the hash for each part of the title. the content map is just a list of file names and hashes. find the hash in the content map and it will tell you what shared app file goes with your ios/channel.

nicksasa

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
zoomx said:
Using the FSdumper provided by Crediar I get ES_Identity error 1017. Any clues?

Edit:
I got the dump of Bootmii and used the Wii Nand Extractor. Now it works!
The othr dump that I used was done with SimpleFSdumper. It works with triiforce but lacks too many files for having sneeek working.
just use the FULL DUMP OPTION !!!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
giantpune said:
wilsoff said:
Can anyone explain these a little more please?

in the tmd, there is a entry for each content. check wiibrew for how to find it. that entry has the hash for each part of the title. the content map is just a list of file names and hashes. find the hash in the content map and it will tell you what shared app file goes with your ios/channel.
Ah, thanks for telling it was only the hash referenced in the map, I didn't understand why there wasn't path and filenames to .app
ok, now I find which ones are needed. (I like understanding how things works)
I guess reading wiibrew will help too
tongue.gif

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
nicksasa said:
just use the FULL DUMP OPTION !!!
Tank you very much nicksasa, i will report your reply in italian forums. I didn't remember that I didn't made a full dump.

Someone has tried Wad Manager?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
First: Wiki Page is done, but:
We still have to set the rules to test! Like cutting down a Dump to the minimum, how to test the reads, etc. So right now, the only contributions to it should be:

-Adding the rules
-Adding How-To's
-Cosmetic changes
-Fixing my bad grammar.

!!! Please DO NOT submit your Entries/Results right now. !!!
[/p]
Now that this is said, the "Alpha" Wiki-Page is here.

Anyone got Ideas how to test this the best way?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
giantpune said:
Thanks, got it. Here it is graphically:
Open up the title.tmd in a hex editor.
Go to offset 0x1E4
Then look for all of the 00 00 00 xx entries (which are all 0x24 (hex) / 36 (dec) long)
Therefore they are all evenly spaced. See shading in the image below.
tmd.png

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
comfaithgenesisraven said:
Im having problems getting this to work i done the nand dump using the sneek fs dumper then i organized the sneek files copied them to the sd when i boot up my wii priiloader appears i tried system menu i tried bootmii i get couldnt find hacks.ini error and the only thing i could access was homebrew channel through priiloader, i also tried priiloader settings to autoboot bootmii that didnt work got black screen with a error message said couldnt find hacks.ini then went to priiloader.
Does anyone know how to fix the problem ? any help would be grateful
the nand dump is 3.2e
Uninstall Priiloader from your NAND Dump by reinstalling the System Menu with Showmiwads

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you will get really random results with that wiki. remember back i middle school for the science fair? to test something, you keep ALL variables the same except the one you are testing?

meaning if you want to test the speed of a SD card, you have to have all the contents of the SD card the same or else you test is shit. starting sneek with a nand with 50 channels will take longer than a nand with 3 channels. regardless of the class/free space/fragmentation of the sd card.

if i have 2 game saves and you have 20, you cant compare our times that it takes to access that data. you will just be wasting your time. period.

you need to write a list of files to put on the sd card and have everybody test with only that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PiiXM51oBo