Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
pepxl said:
SanGor said:
The only problem is that due a major bug in showmiiwads sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break. I told the author months ago but he never patched it.

im curious to what you mean by this, maybe others are to

"sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break"

It's about ShowMiiWads is using dec instead of hex in the content.map, but I can only repeat myself...

QUOTE('myself')
Anyways, I checked it and I fixed that a while ago. I'm not sure if it was already fixed in 1.2, but it is at least in 1.3+

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
Leathl said:
pepxl said:
SanGor said:
The only problem is that due a major bug in showmiiwads sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break. I told the author months ago but he never patched it.

im curious to what you mean by this, maybe others are to

"sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break"

It's about ShowMiiWads is using dec instead of hex in the content.map, but I can only repeat myself...

QUOTE('myself')
Anyways, I checked it and I fixed that a while ago. I'm not sure if it was already fixed in 1.2, but it is at least in 1.3+

thanks for the clarification on that

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
DeadlyFoez said:
I have had issues with showmiiwads. I have a 3.3 dump that keeps crashing the app whenever I try to dump it.
showmiiwads works for me, i'm using the most recent 64 bit version

as a work around solution, u can use nand extractor here to extract the files from your bootmii nand.bin dump.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
when showmiiwads adds new shared content it doesn't use hex for the content names but dec instead

... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ...

it should be

... 7 8 9 0xa 0xb 0xc ...

this will eventually cause problems once new shared content is added with SNEEK, since SNEEK correctly uses hex and would in the above case add a new entry called 0xd.
once it would reach 0x10 there would be two entries called 0x10 but the first found would be picked (which is the wrong one) which depending on how important that content is might brick the NAND.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
just a small note for people who create homebrew applications, you can access the whole SD card through the ISFS functions from libOGC.

So someone could make a wadinstaller which installs the .wads from NAND you know what I mean?

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I was saying about ten posts ago that I was having problems with SNEEK. Well, I redumped my NAND using the dumper posted on the SNEEK Google Code project, and I still get a blank screen. I have verified that my boot2.bin and bootmii folder are valid. What could be the problem now?

Leathl

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SanGor said:
when showmiiwads adds new shared content it doesn't use hex for the content names but dec instead

... 7 8 9 10 11 12 ...

it should be

... 7 8 9 0xa 0xb 0xc ...

this will eventually cause problems once new shared content is added with SNEEK, since SNEEK correctly uses hex and would in the above case add a new entry called 0xd.
once it would reach 0x10 there would be two entries called 0x10 but the first found would be picked (which is the wrong one) which depending on how important that content is might brick the NAND.

It does not! It did that, but I fixed it a while ago, as I said on the previous page...

DeadlyFoez said:
QUOTE(xflak40 @ Jan 29 2010, 08:18 PM) showmiiwads works for me, i'm using the most recent 64 bit version

as a work around solution, u can use nand extractor here to extract the files from your bootmii nand.bin dump.
Showmiiwads works with most of my nand dumps, but I have about 50 dumps from other peoples wii's and it fails and locks up on about %20 of the dumps and there is no common denominator that I can find that causes the app to crash

Nand extractor gave me issues. It would not read most of the files in certain directories. I dont know why. I have to look into it more.

Well, ShowMiiWads uses the code from Nand Extractor, so I presume it will both work or not..

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
I was saying about ten posts ago that I was having problems with SNEEK. Well, I redumped my NAND using the dumper posted on the SNEEK Google Code project, and I still get a blank screen. I have verified that my boot2.bin and bootmii folder are valid. What could be the problem now?
dose your nand mb change every time you dump files check to see if their the same size each time and use the one wiyh the most mb on.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
buffdog said:
tattar8 said:
dose your nand mb change every time you dump files check to see if their the same size each time and use the one wiyh the most mb on.
You mean the total size of my NAND? Anyway, I'm now going to try a BootMii backup, extracted.

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have just testet my first bootmii-backup from 05.31.2009 with 3.2E! Works flawlessly.
gbasp.gif

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
How do you add stuff to the compatibility list got a few bbut don't know how to add them
[*]Go here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...w_Compatibility[*]Log in[*]Click edit near the top of the page (it's between these words: Article · Discussion · Edit · History)[*]Copy and paste an existing and make your edits to the copy.[*]Please keep add stuff in alphabetical order.

SFenton

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wilsoff said:
longtom1 said:
How do you add stuff to the compatibility list got a few bbut don't know how to add them
[*]Go here: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...w_Compatibility[*]Log in[*]Click edit near the top of the page (it's between these words: Article · Discussion · Edit · History)[*]Copy and paste an existing and make your edits to the copy.[*]Please keep add stuff in alphabetical order.

wilsoff, just out of curiosity, would you happen to know how to solve my problem? It's posted on the previous page.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
longtom1 said:
far too much hassle from what i've seen all I can work out if apps are patched to use IOS236 or have IOS selection screen most if not all would work will try triiforceMRC and neogamma cIOS199 later

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Watermelon guava tomato sauce and mozzarella not too sure about that