What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Oh, you used two different SD cards? That's odd...
Do you think it's my dumping method? I used Waninkoko's NAND FS Dumper for the 3.2E and FSToolbox for the 4.0U. Should I use Crediar's?

Also, should I try a SDHC card?

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
longtom1 said:
Incompatible sd card bad nand dump bad sneek files?? could be one of many

I compiled the SNEEK files three times, used two different SD cards, and two different NAND dumps.
ive done the same now:blink: i would like to try a diffrent sys menu but i dont know how use showmiiwads to do this can someone help ive not used this before thx

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tattar8 said:
FenrirWolf said:
Do you think it's my dumping method? I used Waninkoko's NAND FS Dumper for the 3.2E and FSToolbox for the 4.0U. Should I use Crediar's?

have you tried extracting all the files from a bootmii nand dump through showmiiwads

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
FenrirWolf said:

See: Mega FAQ

Specifically, How do I get a nand dump and where do I put it?
Use one fo the following:
NAND FS dumped using FSToolbox
crediar's soon to be released FS dumper
FS extracted from bootmii dumps (e.g. with showmiiwads)
If you'd like to use dumps obtained with Waninkoko's FSdumper, you'll need to add what that program misses, specifically the files in /title/00000001/00000002/data/
Dumps people are using for triiforce probably wont work. sneek needs all the IOS and stuff that the simple dumper skips. it will be like turning on a wii with no IOS or system menu.

Althought the toolbox dump should have worked. Is there a setting to dump everything? I know there is in simpleFSdumper, and it needs to be switched on.

helaciouscrumb

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tattar8 said:
FenrirWolf said:

Same thing happened to me until I used simple file system dumper .41 and did a full dump with that. Everything else was the same, but as soon as I used that it worked the first time.

btw, simple fs dumper will crash alot, but just keep hitting reset to reload it and it will eventually start up. I used ios249, sd, full dump. Can't hurt to try it.

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
longtom1 said:
tattar8 said:
FenrirWolf said:

have you tried extracting all the files from a bootmii nand dump through showmiiwads
How do I do this from Showmiiwads?

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry this is a few pages too late, but I want to figure out if boot2.diff is illegal or not.

SanGor said:
that package is illegal the boot2.diff holds basicly the 0000000E module of IOS60 and es/fs module.
Appologies if boot2.diff is illegal. Here are my reasons for thinking that it's not:

1. File sizes:
0000000e.app - 162kb (zips to 86kb)
esmodule.elf - 41kb (zips to 21kb)
fsmodule.elf - 30kb (zips to 17kb)
boot2.diff - 66kb (zips to 36kb)

- This shows it definitely doesn't contain 000000e.app since boot2.diff is significantly smaller than 0e.app
- It suggests that boot2.diff contains 95% of esmodule.elf and fsmodule.elf when looking at the zip sizes (21kb+17kb vs 36kb). This also makes sense logically as we're effectively using the .diff to insert the two elf modules into 0e.app and remove the nintendo modules. The remaining 2kb represents the small amount of similar code between ninty modules and crediar modules. (I think zip sizes are most relevant as it reduces the effect of any duplication in any of the codes.)
- So, yes, in effect it includes crediar's es/fs modules, but I don't believe this is illegal under GPL2 since the source is available here:
CODEsvn checkout -r 9 http://sneek.googlecode.com/svn/ sneek_r9
- I have updated the package in an attempt to turn any grey areas white. Including links to sources, GPL text etc.

2. Substance of process:
I believe the following example illustrates the process:[*]Nintendo wrote "pineapple" and copyrighted it (0e.app)[*]Crediar wrote "tree" and GPL'd it (es/fs modules)[*]boot2.diff says:[*]user needs to get "pineapple" (0e.app) themselves becuase it's copyrighted so can't be distributed by anyone but nintendo[*]remove the first 4 letters from ninty code, giving "apple"[*]insert crediar code, "tree", giving, "appletree" (boot2.bin)
I'm not trying to be difficult, I just want to make it as easy as possible for people, while staying legal. If any of the above is total crap then let me know. Of course, if any of the copyright holders ask me to remove this package then I will do so out of respect, even if it's not illegal

New package is here: boot2.diff

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't really get why people release/make those packs for basicly very simple steps
1. get 0000000E.app
2. download es/fs module
3. elfins.exe fsmodule.elf 0000000E.app 0000000E-tmp
4. elfins.exe esmodule.elf 0000000E-tmp 0000000E-tm2
5. boot2me.exe 0000000E-tm2 boot2.bin

oh right and download armboot.bin and copy it into the bootmii folder - wow very hard!

do we really need 1000 guides and 2000 packages for that?

oh btw you actually don't need any FS dump at all since you can create one from scratch with showmiiwads just install a system meun with its IOS and copy the setting.txt to the 1-2 data folder.
The only problem is that due a major bug in showmiiwads sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break. I told the author months ago but he never patched it.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SanGor said:
I don't really get why people release/make those packs for basicly very simple steps
1. get 0000000E.app
2. download es/fs module

oh right and download armboot.bin and copy it into the bootmii folder - wow very hard!

I understand where you're coming from, everyon should be able to do this themselves, it's really not that hard. However, there were 5 pages of people failing to make boot2.bin. Then there are the people who can make it but couldn't get SNEEK running, and are trying to track down which file they've got wrong. My pack eliminates this for boot2.bin with consistent checksum hashes.

If people make this themselves they can get different, sometimes still valid hash, but this doesn't help them figure out if their file is correct or not.

longtom1

Keep an eye on my posts cause I quick edit frequen
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
SanGor said:
1. get 0000000E.app
2. download es/fs module

I understand where you're coming from, everyon should be able to do this themselves, it's really not that hard. However, there were 5 pages of people failing to make boot2.bin. Then there are the people who can make it but couldn't get SNEEK running, and are trying to track down which file they've got wrong. My pack eliminates this for boot2.bin with consistent checksum hashes.

If people make this themselves they can get different, sometimes still valid hash, but this doesn't help them figure out if their file is correct or not.
The compile pack I made you download you're own IOS60 module and you can get all the other files from the sneek googlecode pages only thing I added was a little batch file

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
SanGor said:
The only problem is that due a major bug in showmiiwads sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break. I told the author months ago but he never patched it.

im curious to what you mean by this, maybe others are to

"sooner or later all NANDs who got content added via it will break"

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgwfObY-WDQ