Hacking SNEEK v2

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SFenton said:
SNEEK works for me but every time I boot it tells me that my NAND is full. Any way to simply get past this so I can continue playing?
You seem to be the only one getting this...
  • Try a new SD card.
  • Use showmiiwads to delete some of the big stuff from you SD-NAND. Do this by setting Option > Change NAND backup path
  • Check if the SD card is write-protected (I don't know if that makes any difference)
  • Get all of the sneek files again (you may have ended up with an old version of something), it says "-added a hack which limits the title size of 0001001 to 42*16KB which should remove the 512MB size limit", on wiibrew.
  • Try crediar's faq: http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What size is everyone managing to get their NAND down to? I slimmed mine down to 190MB and its blazing fast! (Using a 2GB Sandisk SD Card)

edit:

Does anyone know where all the Wii accomplishments, messages etc are stored in the nand dump?

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is the coolest thing ever. Im playing on my friends 3.2u nand dump, i cioscorped it and its running NSMBW. holy crap im in awe. and i finally get to test out cioscorp which is pretty cool. i hope speed can be increased via coding. if not thats cool too. also ios249 support would be great. but cioscorp works fine. man does disc channel loading suck, i much prefer neogamma.

it turns out showmiiwads was not doing something right with my bootmii dumps. everytime i extracted it, they would not do anything, its like it wasn't even extracting anything. i used NAND extractor 0.1.3 and it worked great.

i wonder....he has wiiconnect24 turned on for this dump, when i press the power button it goes to standby...will it boot back into emulated nand?

big fat nope.

wilsoff

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
VashTS said:
also ios249 support would be great.
ive made a version which loads cIOS249v17 (mostly). and i have used it to play a burned game via neogamma. i dont have a WBFS drive to test to see if that works or not yet.

bolex17

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
wilsoff said:
bolex17 said:
Cheers man!

Damn.. seems like deleting the cdb.vff where all play data is stored seems to brick the wii
Nope, it just takes >5 minutes for the Wii to recreate that file under SNEEK:
http://code.google.com/p/sneek/wiki/FAQ
Awesome mate, cheers
smile.gif

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no its not the dip which kills sneek. it seems to be the mload and other modules. this is why cIOScorp and ios 236 work fine. they dont use that.

zoomx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Using the FSdumper provided by Crediar I get ES_Identity error 1017. Any clues?

Edit:
I got the dump of Bootmii and used the Wii Nand Extractor. Now it works!
The othr dump that I used was done with SimpleFSdumper. It works with triiforce but lacks too many files for having sneeek working.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry, I'm few page older too,

Blue-K said:
SanDisk MicroSD 2GB with an SD-Adapter (also SanDisk). No Priiloader, just some Startpatch-Hacks (including replace Health-Warning) and around 18 Channels.

Booting of Menu: 35 Seconds
Booting of a Channel: 11/19 Seconds (Sometime the Channel hangs for a few secs if you klick the Start-Button)
Loading Save-Menu: 26 Seconds until a full Page is loaded

-Blue-K

(P.s: Anybody fancy to create a Wiki for SD-Cards? Would be realy helpfull, I guess...)There's already a wiki for SD speed, but it was created for NDS SD compatibility (with castlevania intro as benchmark)
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php?tit...ory_Speed_Tests

Maybe we could create a new page instead of using the NDS's one, and add columns like :
Name | Type | Manufactured in | Size (MB) | Read (MB/s) | Write (MB/s) | Random Access (ms) | System menu (sec) | channel menu (sec) | saves menu (sec) | running a channel (sec) | reported by | Note |
But it may change with newer Sneek2 revision ? (maybe tell in the note which rev it is)

DeadlyFoez said:
tj_cool said:
SanGorthe most important thing about an SD speed is the class normally there is a number on the card within a C. No number or 2 are SLOW get at least a class 4 card.
Isn't that only for SDHC ?
And if I remember correctly, even though the wii is compatible with sdhc I think that if can only transfer data to it at standard sd rates. So I don't think that getting a super high speed sd card will help much, maybe a little and thats it.
my SDHC is :
Kingston MicroSDhc
CO4G Japan
SDC4/4GB 10

It's a little faster than my microSD 1GB, but read speed both reported as 4.4MB/s with HDtach (could be my sd-usb adapter which is benchmarked).
Though, loading system menu is faster than Blue-K : 5~10sec (but I have only 9 channels installed.)
And save menu the same : ~28sec (5 pages)

I don't have normal SD (not micro) to test with, could they be faster ?

buffdog

Trophies
XP
Country
bolex17 said:
What size is everyone managing to get their NAND down to? I slimmed mine down to 190MB and its blazing fast! (Using a 2GB Sandisk SD Card)

i done 4 dumps of my nand with fsdumper and i found that less MB my dump got sneek dont work.but the last dump i got 415mb and sneek worked but the other dumps may have been bad dumps i dont know.so i would like to know to what nand sizes pepole got to work sneek?

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
OK, because it seems like nobody wants to create a Wiki-Page, I'll do it. If anyone already started, then please send me a PM or something, so we won't have two Pages.

12 Seconds to load the menu would be a dream...

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe, for better test speed accuracy, users would need to use the same dump (for example, clean 4.2, no cioscorp, no pre/prii loader/startpatch, no additional installed channels, clean played game history (but can't test savegame menu loading))
I don't know if a homebrew could format the wii nand dump to create a clean working one.

Anyway, Thanks for starting a wiki
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: RG35XXSP is $65 now lol