Hacking Smash 4 Easy CSS Editor

AyanamiRei0

GBATemp's Resident Evangelion fanboy.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
No dice. Should the .bin file go to the data directory instead of data(eu_en) too?

To be honest i don't know try this only copy these folders

Attachments

• 1617db292a7743829027d1d662216e45.png
    1617db292a7743829027d1d662216e45.png
    889 bytes · Views: 368

jam1garner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can there be a tool like this for stages
Working on it but I am a little busy and there hasn't been a lot of stage research done so it is hard to figure out what to add. Once I get a bug sorted out I'll probably post a simple version without much until I get to adding a good amount of features.

That's what I did. Guess I'll have to wait until jam1garner replies. Thanks for trying to help.
I have no idea how to solve this issue. Some people have said character_db's cause them issues and I cannot replicate it myself so I can't really solve it.

MarinaTentacles

Leader of the Googie Gang
Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Uh, so what does adding in the Mii Brawler, Swordsman, and Gunner add like, default versions of the characters? Do those characters get CSP's and such, or would I have those manually?

Same question, but Giga Bowser/Mac, Mega Lucario/Charizard as well. Do they get added in as a "duplicate" Bowser/Mac/ect icon or is it a weird blank one or what?

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Uh, so what does adding in the Mii Brawler, Swordsman, and Gunner add like, default versions of the characters? Do those characters get CSP's and such, or would I have those manually?

Same question, but Giga Bowser/Mac, Mega Lucario/Charizard as well. Do they get added in as a "duplicate" Bowser/Mac/ect icon or is it a weird blank one or what?
Seperate miis doo but final smash characters do not. They will appear blank. You can still add them manually

Last edited by KillzXGaming,

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
Seperate miis doo but final smash characters do not.
Okay, so are they just default Mii Fighters with like a "1111" set up? Or do they just compartmentalize pre-existing Mii Fighters?

Also, if anyone knows of a tutorial for adding in the Final Smash characters portraits, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm still debating on if I want to just have a "fixed" CSS with characters in the right spots (which I have now) or if I should go an extra step and add in the Final Smash and Mii Fighters.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so are they just default Mii Fighters with like a "1111" set up? Or do they just compartmentalize pre-existing Mii Fighters?

Also, if anyone knows of a tutorial for adding in the Final Smash characters portraits, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm still debating on if I want to just have a "fixed" CSS with characters in the right spots (which I have now) or if I should go an extra step and add in the Final Smash and Mii Fighters.
With the CSS editor simply select the cosmetic ID for the extra characters, then you can edit them by going to the data/ui/replace/chr/

For CSPs goto chr13
chr_13_Master_01 = Masterhand
chr_13_MasterCrazy_01.nut = Masterhand and CrazyHand
chr_13_Koopag_01.nut = Giga Bowser
chr_13_lucariom_01.nut = Mega Lucario
chr_13_littlemacg_01.nut = Giga Mac

and so on. The names for the rest are in the fighters folder in sm4sh explorer. Other portaits change the chr_(Number) to the folder the ui is in. You can just copy bowser's and rename it for giga bowser if you don't wanna look for them. Same with other fighters.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
With the CSS editor simply select the cosmetic ID for the extra characters, then you can edit them by going to the data/ui/replace/chr/

For CSPs goto chr13
chr_13_Master_01 = Masterhand
chr_13_MasterCrazy_01.nut = Masterhand and CrazyHand
chr_13_Koopag_01.nut = Giga Bowser
chr_13_lucariom_01.nut = Mega Lucario
chr_13_littlemacg_01.nut = Giga Mac

and so on. The names for the rest are in the fighters folder in sm4sh explorer. Other portaits change the chr_(Number) to the folder the ui is in. You can just copy bowser's and rename it for giga bowser if you don't wanna look for them. Same with other fighters.
Alright, thanks. That should give me enough to work with for now. Still deciding if I should add them in or not <_<

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, thanks. That should give me enough to work with for now. Still deciding if I should add them in or not <_<
I got annoyed with them. They show up on random and classic mode or whatever event that they are chosen randomly and can't die.

MarinaTentacles

Trophies
Website
marinara.gg
XP
Country
United States
I got annoyed with them. They show up on random and classic mode or whatever event that they are chosen randomly and can't die.
Oh. Good to know. Me and my friends usually play "competitively" so we don't really touch Classic anymore, but every now and then we like to mess around with broken characters. If the individual Mii Fighters provide a "balanced" way of adding them without having to hassle with stupid customs, then I might be down to add them in. Still don't know if adding them puts in a "default" Mii Fighter or if they act as a "folder" of sorts for the custom ones.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh. Good to know. Me and my friends usually play "competitively" so we don't really touch Classic anymore, but every now and then we like to mess around with broken characters. If the individual Mii Fighters provide a "balanced" way of adding them without having to hassle with stupid customs, then I might be down to add them in. Still don't know if adding them puts in a "default" Mii Fighter or if they act as a "folder" of sorts for the custom ones.
Those will be only normal ones limited to like one move and really suck.

FreshFrost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work for EU Smash Wii U? I tried to set it to start at Stock 2, Turns for stage select, and 6 minute timer for Stock battles, but everything is normal.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: