Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those having problems adding more music slots to a Stage or the Names of a Song not replacing in-game, you have to start over again (which I'm sure the creator said as well) without using "Save/Load Configuration".

Just open Sm4shMusic and edit it from there, don't click Load or Save your Configuration. Once you finish editing everything, just click "Compile Modifications" since that saves your work too.

That worked for me.
When you insert a new song make sure to add 1 to the index number because for some reason the program copies the previous index number and puts it on the the one you want to add, causing it to not show up on my music.
I can confirm that doing these together fixed the problem.
Thanks guys!

Reactions: FawfulCopter27

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What did he mean by start over again? Restart the program? I never used the save or load configuration options, so is it entirely necessary?

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Put the patch in, put my mods over, still having no luck, even after fixing the index. Done trying for tonight. Haven't tried not saving to get them to work. How would that even make it work?

FawfulCopter27

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you insert a new song make sure to add 1 to the index number because for some reason the program copies the previous index number and puts it on the the one you want to add, causing it to not show up on my music.
Guys this is probably the problem most of you are facing. I was having the same issues until I did this and now it works perfectly! (Except for the no remix/original text)

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Put the patch in, put my mods over, still having no luck, even after fixing the index. Done trying for tonight. Haven't tried not saving to get them to work. How would that even make it work?
I don't know, but not saving actually made it work for me.
Does it give you an unlock screen when you add a song?
No, it'll just be added into the music list for the map you chose.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah... I've tried everything. I did get the Final Destination track to swap into Battlefield's track list, but can't add any of my own slots.

vegeta18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I got everything working and tried adding a few songs , worked fine. After i got comfortable i tried adding a ton of songs then compiling the modifications, i got this error. Now it wont let me open Sm4shMusic

ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: The given key was not present in the dictionary.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Does setting the source mean anything? Right now, I have the new songs coming from the core game. Should they be update?
Guys this is probably the problem most of you are facing. I was having the same issues until I did this and now it works perfectly! (Except for the no remix/original text)
I went in and fixed the numbers and I still came out short.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Compiling it to save it still works, right?
At least for me, no, it didn't.
After compiling and reopening the program all my information is gone, so I would have to start all over.

So at the moment, it's either save your information but it won't work, or don't save your information and it'll work.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything working and tried adding a few songs , worked fine. After i got comfortable i tried adding a ton of songs then compiling the modifications, i got this error. Now it wont let me open Sm4shMusic
ERROR OpenPluginMenu with Sm4shMusic: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
Please send me your workspace folder, Ill try figure out what's wrong!

Yeah... I've tried everything. I did get the Final Destination track to swap into Battlefield's track list, but can't add any of my own slots.
Not everything apparently...
photo_2016_05_21_00_17_28.jpg

Last version, using BLANK file.

Well then. I think we need better instructions in the OP. It wasn't made clear at all.
... you do realize that a mod folder is likely going to be a few megas, while the vanilla patch is a couple gigs?
I mean, yes I didnt explicitely say you had to merge them, I thought it was very obvious.
I can do better instructions, it's always possible, but when a good part of the questions have to deal with stuff that is already answered in the OP, and while I see that almost everyone don't want to bother providing the information asked in order to do proper debugging, It really doesn't make me want to do more guiding, it's insanely time consuming and meanwhile there's no bug fixing.

There's one thing I learned today though, I will take my time to have it perfectly tested and used by the team now before considering showing anything.

Here's what I'm going to fix:
- Remix/Original
- Index + 1

What I'm going to improve
- BLANK files. They are part of the original DB (to answer the 'Why even adding them?') and so if you want to load the soundDB "properly" they have to be there. However you have to change the PROPERTIES or they won't appear, cause they're supposed to be blank files... so I'm gonna think of a way to reset them at will.

What I'm going to investigate:
- Save/Load broken somehow.
- EUR bug selectedindex 3

What I'm not going to bother with until some external help is given:
- libvgmstream issue

Last edited by deinonychus71,

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly though, this software is still technically in beta. So I'm sure an update will be pushed out to fix some of these issues.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Please send me your workspace folder, Ill try figure out what's wrong!

Not everything apparently...
photo_2016_05_21_00_17_28.jpg

Last version, using BLANK file.

... you do realize that a mod folder is likely going to be a few megas, while the vanilla patch is a couple gigs?
I mean, yes I didnt explicitely say you had to merge them, I thought it was very obvious.
I can do better instructions, it's always possible, but when a good part of the questions have to deal with stuff that is already answered in the OP, and while I see that almost everyone don't want to bother providing the information asked in order to do proper debugging guiding, It really doesn't make me want to do more guiding, it's insanely time consuming and meanwhile there's no bug fixing.

There's one thing I learned today though, I will take my time to have it perfectly tested and used by the team now before considering showing anything.

Here's what I'm going to fix:
- Remix/Original
- Index + 1

What I'm going to improve
- BLANK files. They are part of the original DB (to answer the 'Why even adding them?') and so if you want to load the soundDB "properly" they have to be there. However you have to change the PROPERTIES or they won't appear, cause they're supposed to be blank files... so I'm gonna think of a way to reset them at will.

What I'm going to investigate:
- Save/Load broken somehow.
- EUR bug selectedindex 3

What I'm not going to bother with until some external help is given:
- libvgmstream issue
So what in the property settings do we have to change to make this work (besides the index number)?

Last edited by epicmartin7,

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I'll give it another chance in the morning. Sorry if I sounded bitchy. I've just been troubleshooting all day and nothing worked for me. I'm sort of in a sour mood from it.

Last edited by Segtendo,

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After compiling and reopening the program all my information is gone, so I would have to start all over.

So at the moment, it's either save your information but it won't work, or don't save your information and it'll work.

Well there goes 4 hours of my life

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well there goes 4 hours of my life
Yeah, I know how you feel :/ I spent a few hours troubleshooting the damn thing as well.
Now that we know the fix, we still lose everything if we want to add/change some more songs later on. Fortunately, the creator is looking into it.

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Compiling doesn't save it? My changes are saved, but I've never clicked save or load, only compile. I'm assuming that's an error on my part.

NAFEDUDE

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, do you think you could add series presets? Like a menu that auto-fills out all the Sound test info for say, a Pokemon song

Also, what if I just update through the servers? Will I have to do any merging then?

Last edited by NAFEDUDE,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Although tomorrow is Labor Day which means I won't go to class which means I'll sleep well.