Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

PlasmoidThunder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally managed to add music, though like with seemingly everyone else, the remix/original text has disappeared; similarly, visiting the sound test mode shows that the : in the music duration is missing, and shifting to the voices tab shows that the player text (|<< | Random | >>|) is missing too. Though I had the problem where the files weren't actually getting updated, so any music I added/changed kept disappearing, I fixed that by deleting my Sm4shExplorer folder and starting afresh, though I dunno if that's actually what fixed it. Also, I never modified any existing IDs (BLANKs), so adding in new IDs works fine.

One problem I do keep getting with Sm4shExplorer, other than the VGMStream dll failing to load, is that unless I remove the modifications to all but data and data(eu_en), the compiler fails at some point saying that a file is currently in use; the file itself isn't consistent though, as it's been stuff like fighter_ai_common_param.bin and something from the Mario Maker stage.

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally managed to add music, though like with seemingly everyone else, the remix/original text has disappeared; similarly, visiting the sound test mode shows that the : in the music duration is missing, and shifting to the voices tab shows that the player text (|<< | Random | >>|) is missing too. Though I had the problem where the files weren't actually getting updated, so any music I added/changed kept disappearing, I fixed that by deleting my Sm4shExplorer folder and starting afresh, though I dunno if that's actually what fixed it. Also, I never modified any existing IDs (BLANKs), so adding in new IDs works fine.

One problem I do keep getting with Sm4shExplorer, other than the VGMStream dll failing to load, is that unless I remove the modifications to all but data and data(eu_en), the compiler fails at some point saying that a file is currently in use; the file itself isn't consistent though, as it's been stuff like fighter_ai_common_param.bin and something from the Mario Maker stage.

The bits of texts disappearing will be fixed in 0.4 along with a bunch of other things.
For file being in use... are you using a NAS? It's the filesystem keeping the locks when it shouldnt, Ill give it deeper thoughts at some point...

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Funnily enough, were having the opposite issue. Everything is getting recognized except the music slots :P.
I figured out my issue. There were some stuff in my workplace folder that were interferring.

My only issue is original/remix not displaying, which is being fixed.

My music works though. If it helps, I put all my custom bgm along with the other music in the dump. I did this so sm4sh explorer could play each song and inform me of what it was, as I had a lot of music files replacing existing songs and I forgot what some of them were. When creating the mod I copied the new music to the sound file in my SD card and it all worked perfectly.

I don't know what version of the plugin I'm on. I'm using the one that came with 0.6.1 so that might help.

Reactions: Demonslayerx8

Demonslayerx8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I figured out my issue. There were some stuff in my workplace folder that were interferring.

My only issue is original/remix not displaying, which is being fixed.

My music works though. If it helps, I put all my custom bgm along with the other music in the dump. I did this so sm4sh explorer could play each song and inform me of what it was, as I had a lot of music files replacing existing songs and I forgot what some of them were. When creating the mod I copied the new music to the sound file in my SD card and it all worked perfectly.

I don't know what version of the plugin I'm on. I'm using the one that came with 0.6.1 so that might help.
yeah, pretty much u can either have ur new songs WITH the game dump sound\bgm folder, or inside ur workspace\content\sound\bgm folder, either 1 will do just fine

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Little nightly update
sm4shexplorer 0.06.2:
Add a popup before building the mod if the release or debug folder is not empty, letting you choose if you want to keep going or not. It will now clean the export/release (or debug) folder before beginning to export.

sm4shmusic 0.04:
- Original/Remix and other labels fixed [TESTED]
- Swap Region EUR/US and Region JAP fixed [TESTED]
- Load from saved xml -should- be fixed
- MyMusic Index + 1 fixed [TESTED]
- EUR game region selection -should- be fixed. My bad EUR code is 4 and not 3 (have no idea what 3 is then)
- Whenever you select a pre existing blank file, it will ask you if you want to change the properties to make it visible in Sound Test. [TESTED]
- One rare crash fixed while launching Sm4shMusic after a compilation

If you still have a crash resulting of a compilation of Sm4shMusic files, please do not just delete your workspace and start again. This isn't a good solution and it doesnt help debugging.

Last edited by deinonychus71,
Reactions: buda81

soniczx123

Trophies
XP
Country
Little nightly update
sm4shexplorer 0.06.2:
Add a popup before building the mod if the release or debug folder is not empty, letting you choose if you want to keep going or not. It will now clean the export/release (or debug) folder before beginning to export.

sm4shmusic 0.04:
- Original/Remix and other labels fixed [TESTED]
- Load from saved xml -should- be fixed
- MyMusic Index + 1 fixed [TESTED]
- EUR game region selection -should- be fixed. My bad EUR code is 4 and not 3 (have no idea what 3 is then)
- Whenever you select a pre existing blank file, it will ask you if you want to change the properties to make it visible in Sound Test. [TESTED]
- One rare crash fixed while launching Sm4shMusic after a compilation

If you still have a crash resulting of a compilation of Sm4shMusic files, please do not just delete your workspace and start again. This isn't a good solution and it doesnt help debugging.

By loading our old .xml, does all our additions from the previous version added imported to this new version?

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By loading our old .xml, does all our additions from the previous version added imported to this new version?
Assuming you're talking 0.06.x to 0.06.2, you don't have to reset your config.
If 0.04 to 0.06, you need to remake it (or rebuild it manually if you know what's you're doing and want to keep unlocalized stuff)

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: I see in the plugin an area that apparently lets you change the loop points of the track. Does this actually affect the IDSP or is it handled within the program entirely?

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I currently tried it out. Like yesterday, I'm still having issues with adding the J-E-N-O-V-A song to Midgar. So, I'm probably going to wait until some things are ironed out of the program and maybe comeback to it another time since this is practically a very early beta.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I think I might wait on this too. Someone on Discord mentioned they still had troubles load/saving the configuration files and it still not reading correctly.

I think that's the problem here. If you don't save it's fine. If you save, it isn't fine.

Last edited by Segtendo,

Pib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so, i used to be able to make smash explorer export the patch and sound folders directly to my SD card by setting the content folder as a symbolic link to SD:\0005000010144F00. i can't do that anymore, because to build the mod, it's forcing me to delete my symbolic link. moving the files manually takes a lot more time than just having it build directly to SD like i have been doing.

BeeNess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i need help everytime when i update sm4shexplorer i lose my current mods and need to reinstall them can somebody help me so that i dont have to do that everytime

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    there a bunch of good games missing, one of them (which makes a lot of sense for this type of game) was wario woods
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    whoever made flog cared about NES golf
  • a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool:
    i brung that up because i remembered it randomly and it has become my hyperfixation
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    nes remix 1 had the bad one, nes remix 2 had the good one
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @genistopitauniverfrocrami, What drugs is this dude on?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    CRAZY HAMBURGER
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @NinStar both nes remix 1 and 2 had some stinkers in there
    +1
    but at least 2 doesn't have sports games
    loved nes remix, but hated having to play Baseball, Tennis and Golf in order to progress
    +1
    or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Not a big fan of NES kid Icarus either... I know it was popular but I didn't care for it.
    Yesterday I learned my BD Burner drive can burn CD's at 56X lol
  • cearp @ cearp:
    What stuff were you burning?
    I used to burn tons of dvds (data files) many years ago, but haven't burnt a disk in ages.
    My car actually reads MP3 CD's lol
    So mix CDs for myselt :)
    Pantera, Metallica, Hollywood Undead, Five Finger Death Punch, some others lol
    I can put like 90 songs on a CD lol
    if only it could read dvds then you would just need 1 disc
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i tell ya what, i could go for a fuckin gyro right about now
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I hope your brother is doing ok Mr BakerMan
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool
    +1
    BakerMan yeah me too.... maybe that's gonna be dinner for me there is this place near me I have been dying to try and they have them lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I miss usb mp3 players they were shit but at the time a go to