Hacking Sm4shExplorer (Wii U only for now)

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is actually weird since the method to test it is the same in both case. Can you give me the exact size of your dt00/dt01 file (in byte, not Kbyte). Also, what is set up in your config file? What region and version?
Also this check wasnt there before, it was added thanks to people complaining about not being able to extract but also not reading about the neccessity of having dt01/dt00 in your content folder

I've been extracting from my dt01/dt00 files with version .04 this whole time. I'm US region, and I tested v.06 with both the v224 patch and the v288 patch, both times I got the same error. Went back to version .04 and it worked again.

dt00 is 4,085,073,920 bytes (though Windows says it takes up 4,085,075,968 bytes on disk)
dt01 is 4,038,462,509 bytes (4,038,463,488 bytes on disk)

My config file looks correct:

<GamePath>D:\SmashBros\</GamePath>
<SkipJunkEntries>true</SkipJunkEntries>
<Debug>false</Debug>
<KeepOriginalFlags>false</KeepOriginalFlags>
<ExportCSVList>false</ExportCSVList>
<ExportCSVIgnoreFlags>true</ExportCSVIgnoreFlags>
<ExportCSVIgnorePackOffsets>true</ExportCSVIgnorePackOffsets>
<ExportCSVIgnoreCompSize>true</ExportCSVIgnoreCompSize>
<ExportWithDateFolder>false</ExportWithDateFolder>
<Is3DS>false</Is3DS>
<GameVersion>288</GameVersion>
<GameRegionID>2</GameRegionID>

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, too many questions is getting way too confusing so here's what we're gonna do.

I'd like two people who have a US 288 game with a working environment who are available for IM (discord, telegram or skype ) for the next 6 hours and who are having the msbt issue.
Please only people who know what they are doing and are willing to provide screen and share their workspace.

We're gonna solve it efficiently :)
Wait a minute. @AmNavySeal said the Music Plugin on 0.1 only bugged the Game of Origin and the type of song text. Maybesong expansion might still work on 0.1? So... do you still have the download for 0.1 at all? Just kinda want to try it and make sure.

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been extracting from my dt01/dt00 files with version .04 this whole time. I'm US region, and I tested v.06 with both the v224 patch and the v288 patch, both times I got the same error. Went back to version .04 and it worked again.

Are you 100% sure you copied the files from the content folder to the game id folder on the SD Card! The folder structure changed!

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So.. does anyone have the download for version 0.1 of the Smash Music Plugin?

dt00 is 4,085,073,920 bytes (though Windows says it takes up 4,085,075,968 bytes on disk)

My config file looks correct:

<GamePath>D:\SmashBros\</GamePath>
<SkipJunkEntries>true</SkipJunkEntries>
<Debug>false</Debug>
<KeepOriginalFlags>false</KeepOriginalFlags>
<ExportCSVList>false</ExportCSVList>
<ExportCSVIgnoreFlags>true</ExportCSVIgnoreFlags>
<ExportCSVIgnorePackOffsets>true</ExportCSVIgnorePackOffsets>
<ExportCSVIgnoreCompSize>true</ExportCSVIgnoreCompSize>
<ExportWithDateFolder>false</ExportWithDateFolder>
<Is3DS>false</Is3DS>
<GameVersion>288</GameVersion>
Hey, I definitely don't recognize you.
troll.png

deinonychus71

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely EUR and not USA.
And yes if you got it from that specific website there's one thread that says USA while it's EUR.

And this is exactly why there is this check now. Yes it can work with some file, but you will randomly get some file not being extracted properly because of some offsets being wrong

vaanrose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is definitely EUR and not USA.
And yes if you got it from that specific website there's one thread that says USA while it's EUR.

And this is exactly why there is this check now. Yes it can work with some file, but you will randomly get some file not being extracted properly because of some offsets being wrong

Okay, got it.

Last edited by vaanrose,

KillzXGaming

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What is the cause of this error?
The filesize of dt00/dt01 doesn't match the region set in your config (USA). You will not be able to extract from LS.

Do i need to re dump my game?

ToonQuill

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a problem when building the mod. When I tested my mods with the new custom music slots, only the music slots worked oddly enough. Stuff like my character skins were not present. After I looked into my export folder I noticed there were weird duplicate folders. For example, in the Fighter folder, there was another Fighter folder which then contained all the fighter files. This applied elsewhere too, such as the Sound folder having another Sound folder in it and the UI folder having another UI in it.

Anyone else have this issue? My version is 1.1.6/288 and I'm EU (English) if that helps.

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a problem when building the mod. When I tested my mods with the new custom music slots, only the music slots worked oddly enough. Stuff like my character skins were not present. After I looked into my export folder I noticed there were weird duplicate folders. For example, in the Fighter folder, there was another Fighter folder which then contained all the fighter files. This applied elsewhere too, such as the Sound folder having another Sound folder in it and the UI folder having another UI in it.

Anyone else have this issue? My version is 1.1.6/288 and I'm EU (English) if that helps.
Funnily enough, were having the opposite issue. Everything is getting recognized except the music slots :P.

Baggy Scraggy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm attempting to edit the character_db file and upon putting it back into where it belongs, it won't register in game. I tried editing it and adding it again, then extracting it to see if the changes even registered, and it had reverted back into what I had before I edited it. Is it having issues adding newer things? I've also attempted adding new song slots, as per the tutorial, but everyone else seems to be having that issue too.

For the record I'm using a US v288 dump with v0.06.1. Using 0.04 works fine however, so I can only assume it's an issue with this version.

Segtendo

#TeamMarie
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States

How are you having the opposite issues we are having?

It's so strange. Apparently, this build isn't compiling the hacks in the right way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :wtf: +1