Skyrim for my PC vs. my Xbox

Mr.x2011

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey GBATemp,

I'm not completely sure whether this is the right place to post this but here is my question... Should I get Skyrim for my PC or my Xbox?

The specs for my PC are as follows

http://www.jbhifi.com.au/computers/hp/15-inch-notebook-sku-96664/

I'm thinking if I get the PC version I would be able to play it on at least high? The PC version also has better mods and if I want I can play with my Xbox controller.

Thank you in advance

Mr.x

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It might run it at around medium to high settings, depending on the framerate you're aiming for (medium settings are around the visual quality of the Xbox version). But I did a quick search for that GPU and apparently its switchable graphics don't work properly with some games, so it might take some extra effort to run Skyrim with the dedicated GPU.

EDIT: and yeah, if you want mods at all, just get the PC version.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
If you're interested in mods at all, then PC's the only choice. I haven't played Skyrim myself so take this with a grain of salt, but people say that mods to remove annoying aspects really make the game more fun.

To add:
If you do choose the 360 version then the only way to play with mods is to have a JTAG/RGH machine.

I'd go for the 360 version if you only care about the storyline.
Otherwise the PC version would be better.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

earlynovfan

Delusional
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has got it pretty much on the dot here.
Xbox- No lag. No Mods.
PC- Lag is fairly possible, but all the a Mods!
:)
Or, If you have the cash, both!

Celice

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it's graphics you're worried over, there are optimization mods for the vanilla or even new graphics, models, shadows, and other graphic effects that can make the game look better than the 360, yet comparatively run smoother, less demanding.

The question isn't which you should get--the question is how much effort will you put into the PC version so that it is worth going for over the 360. Consoles are a way for people to play games without any responsibility, and the experience there is contingent upon the job done by developers (good job SkyrimPS3, ValveConsoles). With a little bit of effort, you can make your experience much better and much more fluid on the PC version.

Reactions: Rydian

Daidude

Puzzled
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You could easily play it on high on your laptop with that config, i can with an i5 and nvidia 635m so i don't see why you wouldn't be able to.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everyone has got it pretty much on the dot here.
Xbox- No lag. No Mods.
PC- Lag is fairly possible, but all the a Mods!
:)
Or, If you have the cash, both!

Never had lag on my desktop with that game. My laptop on the other hand...

Not a fan of the 30 fps cap for consoles though.

Zanoab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everybody is forgetting that if you get the PC version, you can get a better machine later on to play with better settings. Since you are using a notebook, I guess you can add mobility as a pro (doesn't require carrying around an external screen like a console).

Thanatos Telos

random stuff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do an ebay search for "skyrim xbox 360 full game download" and you'll find the digital xbox version for about 1/2 the price the PC version is on Steam, if that type of thing plays any role in your decision...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw