Hardware Update screwed my PC over

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know, why all the ;D
Apple could rediscover the mouse pointer, it's a pointer not a circle for a very good reason. Sack those in charge of iPAD OS and bring back the full mouse pointer when connected to a mouse.

That % indicator everyone is guilty of not doing it properly.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
All answers I find are to reinstall Windows. Seems really odd.

You sure you don't have a system restore from like a week ago?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reinstall windows ain't really the answer, he shouldn't stop the update if it is updating, it will just keep updating when it finish, I bet it is a feature update if it take long to finish, also if he leave the computer on for a long time and has a lot of update it can explain why.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Reinstall windows ain't really the answer, he shouldn't stop the update if it is updating, it will just keep updating when it finish, I bet it is a feature update if it take long to finish, also if he leave the computer on for a long time and has a lot of update it can explain why.
Nay, it's a common issue it gets stuck on 98% forever.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He is impatient, he should let it finish, unless there is something wrong with his os then he has no need to reinstall
my pc has been trying to update for hours now, and i think i'll try reinstall windows if it's still not working tomorrow

Might want to check the drive health too.
how do i do that?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my pc has been trying to update for hours now, and i think i'll try reinstall windows if it's still not working tomorrow

how do i do that?

You can use Crystaldiskinfo if you can get into windows, but in general I wanted to know how often do you keep the computer on, do you keep it on for a long time like several week? If the updates stack up it would explain it would take longer time, if you have gotten a feature update it take longer time to update than standard updates.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use Crystaldiskinfo if you can get into windows, but in general I wanted to know how often do you keep the computer on, do you keep it on for a long time like several week? If the updates stack up it would explain it would take longer time, if you have gotten a feature update it take longer time to update than standard updates.
there's an off option?
(the joke is that i don't really turn my pc off unless i'm going on a trip or the power is likely to go out)

• Haha
Reactions: Hayato213

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Then you must have a lot of updates, just let it update , see if it will finish.
i let it update until about noon, and ngl i think the whole computer is fucked

I'm just gonna reset windows and ask for a new laptop for my birthday, as that's in a couple months.
i need my computer for school stuff so i just need it to hold out for 2 months

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i let it update until about noon, and ngl i think the whole computer is fucked

I'm just gonna reset windows and ask for a new laptop for my birthday, as that's in a couple months.
i need my computer for school stuff so i just need it to hold out for 2 months

Check the drive health after reinstall widnows

rusty shackleford

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will need to make a win10 install disc or usb using the Media Creation tool. Boot up the disc/usb and choose troubleshoot/repair computer. You then can uninstall updates and do start up repair. If unable to make a live usb then turn on the computer, when you see the windows logo and hit reset. If Windows fails to boot 3 times in a row it can take you a start up repair menu, click on advanced options then try start up repair, uninstall updates, system restore, or boot into a safe mode to recover files.

BakerMan

Class Clown of GBATemp
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm going to reduce use of my broke-dick piece of shit laptop to school reasons, and use my phone for everything else
because my birthday is 2 months from today, i only need it to hold out until then

also, i used crystaldiskinfo, and everything except the temperature was at the current worst
but the disk health still somehow said "good"

Last edited by BakerMan,
Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol