pojes

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone,

I'm looking to dive into some card games on PC and would love some recommendations!

I'm a fan of strategic gameplay and enjoy both single-player and multiplayer experiences. Whether it's deck-building, traditional card games, or something unique,

I'm open to suggestions. Graphics and aesthetics are a plus, but gameplay depth is what I'm after.

So far, I've played Hearthstone and Slay the Spire, but I'm eager to explore more options.

Any hidden gems or must-plays you think I should check out? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!
Post automatically merged:

Hey everyone,

I'm looking to dive into some card games on PC and would love some recommendations!

I'm a fan of strategic gameplay and enjoy both single-player and multiplayer experiences. Whether it's deck-building, traditional card games, or something unique,

I'm open to suggestions. Graphics and aesthetics are a plus, but gameplay depth is what I'm after.

So far, I've played Hearthstone and Slay the Spire, but I'm eager to explore more options.

Any hidden gems or must-plays you think I should check out PC Card Games? Your insights would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks in advance for any help

haxXcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to be the third to suggest Balatro. It's just such a clean execution of a good idea. It tests your ability to identify synergies and determine probabilities in a way that most card games (or card roguelikes) don't. It also solves the dead hand problem in an interesting way. Since your win conditions are always active and outside of your deck, you generally aren't losing because you didn't draw a combo piece/removal/creatures.

There is also Magic the Gathering: Arena, and Yu-gi-oh: Master Duel if you're interested in shiny official multiplayer clients for existing paper games. I'm an ex-mtg fan, so I do not recommend it, and I'm not sure if the client is even f2p friendly anymore. Yu-gi-oh has a crazy learning curve for the modern game but can be really rewarding; you'll need an external guide to get started though. It's shockingly free to play friendly though.

I'm of the opinion that the PC is lacking terribly in regards to native releases of proper card games, there are a lot of games with cards and deckbuilding, but they largely use that as a user interface with randomized elements which don't really test the skills that make for a satisfying card game experience.

Outside of the pc there are more options.

A lot of those options are Yu-Gi-Oh. On the gba and DS the world championship 2005-2011 are amazing, as are some of the games that tie more into the anime such as nightmare troubador and spirit caller (later championship games also have a story mode). The Yu-gi-oh Tag Force games on the psp are also pretty good, but I haven't played much of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto