Homebrew RELEASE SimpleModManager : A mod manager for your Switch

epicmartin7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did I misunderstand? You're saying if it DOESN'T crash, it might very well actually swap the mods and apply their effects while in-game?

they are 27.6 and 27.2 kb, the mods. Is that close enough, or do they have to match file sizes down to the byte?
Essentially, test it before you pad the files out.

If Crash, the game re-loaded the file, meaning you can swap it out mid-game! From there, you can just pad the files to the same size and it should work from there.

If no crash, then the game likely doesn't re-load the file.

sxp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What game do you intend to use mods for?

Normally you will find mods, download it and just put it in your sd card using proper folder structure.

example, for witcher 3, there is a mod for 100X Gold for every quest, or a naked Ciri if you are in to that sort of thing .

these mods would normally be inside mods folder in the root of the sd card. inside the mods folder is another folder with the name of the game, i.e. Witcher 3, inside the Witcher 3 folder you create another folder with the name of the mod (i.e. 100x gold); inside this folder is another folder named contents, inside contents folder is another folder with the game's title ID (i.e. 01003D100E9C6000) and inside this folder is the rest of the rest of the file and folders which often is usually romfs, etc. etc.

so folder structure in the 100x gold mod would be like this:

mods\Witcher 3\100X gold\contents\01003D100E9C6000\romfs\content\content0\gameplay\rewards\rewards.xml
Can you use the exact PC mod to any games that are also on the Switch? I want to try several mods like the one for Darkest Dungeon.
Post automatically merged:

most of the PC mods run perfectly on Switch. Just put into the same TID directory as Dying light cheats. most of them goes into DW folder just like the PC version
Can you give the exact Dying Light cheats you used? What files did you use and what's the folder structure?

Last edited by sxp,

MewtwoFanz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could someone update the Overlay for Simple Mod Manager to work on fw 16.0.0? It broke with the latest update and I need an update for it asap!

FAKEdemicBioPYSCHONANOWAR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Why does the app copy the shit instead actually moving? Many and or big Files take a long time.

2nd question. When you put an exe_fs patches folder along the contents folder the 'game mod name folder' does that also work to get moved? Or if you create a mod folder with only the exefs patches folder without contents for a particular game?

iCornflakes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for your effort creating this homebrew. As of reading your source code on github you are just moving files to romfs folder to be loaded by atmosphere, right?
If thats so there is no merging of .sarc files I suppose. So merging these need to be done by hand to be able to create modpacks, right?
I'm pretty sure its being handled like this , I just want to be sure.

Also if I am allowed to by you @nadrino, I'd maybe do some work towards this and do a PR on your git.
Second I think what should be added is the handling of region specific files which should be renamed according to the switch's current region and language its in.

FellDragonGrima

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was curious. I’m thinking of using Simple Mod Manager for some mods I’ve got in mind for my Fire Emblem Engage game. I’ve used these mods before (they’re from gamebanana) but without a manager.

So that leads me to my main question. Some of the mods have conflicting xml bundles that can interfere with the others. How would I best install them and then use them without them getting mixed up with all the others? I assume that the ones that conflict with each other should only be used separate from the rest and then if I want to load a different one, I swap them?

Finally, do the mods have to be extracted from their rar/zip state? And do they go either in the contents folder with the game ID and romfs folder, or both the romfs and the mods folder (with the full tree pathname) that goes onto the root of the SD?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
When activating a mod, why does it need to copy over instead of moving? since copying takes a shit ton of time on the bigger mods especially...

Saigaiii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Incredible piece of homebrew! Btw, do i need to keep the contents folder of the game under atmosphere, or can I delete it and just keep the one under the mods folder for SMM? I would like to delete the one under atmosphere for space if I can.

Soler37

Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I belive I got it right and when I activate the mod, nothing happens in game, though when i put it directly in the folder atmopshere/contents/%gametitle%, it works..
What am i doing wrong?

1688004538413.png
1688004545020.png
1688004555518.png
1688004563311.png
1688004559649.png

edit: fixed - in case anyone comes across this, you have to go into the config folder, mod manager and edit the file, instead of atmopshere/contents, delete the contents part, before this it would make a contents folder inside the contents folder, now after the change it puts it in the right place

Last edited by Soler37,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1