nadrino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Dear Switch modding comunity,

I've been searching for a homebrew app that allows to enable/disable layeredFS mods directly from the switch.
I found the "Generic Mod Manager - a mod manager" (Genwald thread here) based on python, but it kept crashing randomly on my Switch.
So I coded my program directly from libNX.

Links
Releases : https://github.com/nadrino/SimpleModManager/releases
Source : https://github.com/nadrino/SimpleModManager

How to use ?
- Put the .nro file in your SDcard's "/switch/" folder
- At the root of your SDcard, create a "/mods/" folder
- Place your mod with the following tree structure : "/mods/<NameOfTheGame>/<NameOfTheMod>/<ModTreeStructureFromAtmosphereFolder>"
Example :
"/mods/The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild/First Person View/contents/01007EF00011E000/romfs/Actor/Pack/GameRomCamera.sbactorpack"
- Run the homebrew

Screenshots
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

0.png

1.png

2.png

3.png

Cheers :D

Last edited by nadrino,

IronWarship

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason it doesn't inject into "...\titles" by default?
As far as I'm aware, all LFS mods go into that folder, and you really should only need to specify the titleID and below.

Reactions: OkazakiTheOtaku

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an insanely useful tool! I tried looking several months ago and nothing existed (except stuff based on PyNX, which is borked). This is exactly the kind of modding tool that is really simple to use. Thank you! :)

Reactions: nadrino

nadrino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a reason it doesn't inject into "...\titles" by default?
As far as I'm aware, all LFS mods go into that folder, and you really should only need to specify the titleID and below.

It is to also support rom hacking features, like 60fps mods for example. In this case the right folder is not "title/" but "exefs_patches/". However you can add your own preset in the config file if you wish.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

hold up hold up... you can have modded models on the switch botw? (thought it was only possible on PC) Wonder of someone could get the untitled goose game goose to replace wolf link...

Yes you can, the reference website is https://gamebanana.com/games/ . You can have a look.

nadrino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So it now saves mods to atmosphere/contents not atmosphere/titles the github release page doesn’t say

The output path is now handled by a config file named "parameter.ini".

I just realised atmosphere 0.10 is now considering "atmosphere/contents" instead of "atmosphere/titles". In principle this won't change anything to the homebrew since the default output locations is "atmosphere/" (or see your "parameter.ini" file if you modified it).

If you are using the default output path, you'll only have to rename the folders of each mod you have. Example : "/mods/GAME_NAME/MOD_NAME/contents/TITLE_ID/...." instead of "/mods/GAME_NAME/MOD_NAME/titles/TITLE_ID/....".

Otherwise you can set the output path to "atmosphere/contents", and modify the root folder of each mod. For example : "/mods/GAME_NAME/MOD_NAME/TITLE_ID/...." instead of "/mods/GAME_NAME/MOD_NAME/titles/TITLE_ID/....".

Reactions: Naked_Snake

Sayora

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does this compare installed files does it use it md5? It ends up telling me some files are the same when they are not.
Also could you make a way to allow a mod folder to have a forced preset? Like if I had a preset that called root that puts things on the root of the sdcard. The mod folder could have an extensionless file in it that tells it what preset to use.
Example:
/mods/helpfulthings/mod1/...
/mods/helpfulthings/mod2/...
/mods/helpfulthings/mod3/...
/mods/helpfulthings/mod4/...
/mods/helpfulthings/root
Thanks!

nadrino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thank you ,is support unreal engine 4 "mod~" ?

Unreal engine 4 mods ? What do you mean ?

How does this compare installed files does it use it md5?

No, md5 checksum takes too much time. Instead it just looks at the size of each file.

Also could you make a way to allow a mod folder to have a forced preset? Like if I had a preset that called root that puts things on the root of the sdcard. The mod folder could have an extensionless file in it that tells it what preset to use.

Indeed I thourgth about that feature before, but did't had time to implement it for the moment. I was thinking the program would read an extra config file (if it exists) in the folder of the mod. For example :
"/mods/helpfulthings/mod2/config.ini" -> would contain the specific install path for the "mod2".

For the moment, you can add some presets in the parameters.ini file wich is auto generated by the homebrew app. Then during the app execution, you will just have to switch presets by pressing "Y".

nadrino

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
anyone know how to get more than one title.bg in there ?

It's a file containing a lot of things for Zelda botw, right ? If I remember correctly it's "TitleBG.pack"

You can't use simultaneously two mods that edit "TitleBG.pack" with SimpleModManager. For this you gonna need to build your own "TitleBG.pack" file. Here is a tutorial : https://gamebanana.com/tuts/12786

Reactions: Anikong99

Machow8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Original OP's message here (edited due to gbatemp's new members policy regarding urls)

Hi,

How do i can make this fully work with sx os?

I'm trying to use SimpleModManager on sx os, but, everytime i open it, sx os shows 'error code 2168-0002' and says it needs to be restarted; is there a workaround/solution for this?

Thanks.

Last edited by Machow8,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over