Hacking sigpatched sysNAND; and why you should use redNAND instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@iAqua My only real concerns with RedNAND is with regards to the games installed to my USB hard drive. There has been a lot of back and forth advice on whether or not to "unlink" the NANDs. The problem with that though, is I would have to reinstall the twelve games that I installed thus far. Can I keep the games and run them if I use RedNAND, or is that unfeasible? I'd rather not wait hours to download several GB of data all over again.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
@iAqua My only real concerns with RedNAND is with regards to the games installed to my USB hard drive. There has been a lot of back and forth advice on whether or not to "unlink" the NANDs. The problem with that though, is I would have to reinstall the twelve games that I installed thus far. Can I keep the games and run them if I use RedNAND, or is that unfeasible? I'd rather not wait hours to download several GB of data all over again.
You don't have to unlink, please, don't. Until there's a system update, which I doubt, you won't need to unlink.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You don't have to unlink, please, don't. Until there's a system update, which I doubt, you won't need to unlink.

Okay good, now, the ultimate question is, should I install and use RedNAND? Given that aside from VC installs, and with RetroArch Wii U on the rise, I'm not 100% sure yet.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Okay good, now, the ultimate question is, should I install and use RedNAND? Given that aside from VC installs, and with RetroArch Wii U on the rise, I'm not 100% sure yet.
Yes, ofcourse i'm biased to the redNAND side, but I'll tell you that redNAND will be the future and you should use it.

Reactions: CatmanFan

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
OK let us kill this thread:
USE REDNAND IF YOU ARE A DEVELOPER/RETARD WHO THINKS THEY ARE ONE
USE IOSU CFW IF YOU ARE EVERYONE ELSE

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, ofcourse i'm biased to the redNAND side, but I'll tell you that redNAND will be the future and you should use it.

Aside from VC installs, I mean, I don't know what I'm trying to say. Already have good emulators and USB installed games, trying to figure out other advantages. Not trying to downplay the significance, no, not by a long shot, just trying to figure out things.

wolf-snake

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Another point i want to add. Remeber when VinsCool posted the thread about Haxchi? now Contenthax? it was stated on that thread that coldboot could be possible but it had a high risk of brick, which it was what happen to Nexo's Wii U. And what did Mr. BRICK ARE INCOMING did? he posted a thread literaly like 3 minutes later pretty much saying "COLDBOOTHAX IS OUT GUYS!!!!! but do it if you want"

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Aside from VC installs, I mean, I don't know what I'm trying to say. Already have good emulators and USB installed games, trying to figure out other advantages. Not trying to downplay the significance, no, not by a long shot, just trying to figure out things.
I'm honestly not sure, but it'll be up to date, and if any new things like coldboothax or a different exploit become widespread you'll be ready. You also get sysConfig if you have redNAND.

Reactions: the_randomizer

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country

sabykos

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Wow, what a useless thread. OP states literally no arguments in his opening post. He only screams "BRICK RISK! HIGH BRICK RISK!" over and over. After that people are acting like small children. Again, especially the OP is one of the worst, insulting everyone whos not sharing his opinion. There is a comparison thread for Rednand vs. no Rednand. For serious discussion I recommend using that one. Whoever loves to act like a five year old, should stay here.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
The current coldboothax is actually EXSCFLY THE SAME AS QUICK START. For cold boot hax the system has to wait for everything to initiatize before it launches default title, if you use quick start it temporarily sets the first launched title to whatever you choose equating to exact same speed to launch

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Wow, what a useless thread. OP states literally no arguments in his opening post. He only screams "BRICK RISK! HIGH BRICK RISK!" over and over. After that people are acting like small children. Again, especially the OP is one of the worst, insulting everyone whos not sharing his opinion. There is a comparison thread for Rednand vs. no Rednand. For serious discussion I recommend using that one. Whoever loves to act like a five year old, should stay here.
Yea thank you and the thread you are referring to is my thread where I show all the pros and cons of each and not only scream USE REDNAND IT IS THE BESSSSTTTT

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would have to agree. The worst thing is he used coldboothax as a defense then calls someone retarded when asked if he installed it
Me?! I never installed coldboothax, are you actually retarded?
Then he wants to be all scared and edit it out of his thread to avoid any conflict.

Since apparently everyone's too lazy to setup redNAND, they've decided that they should go the easy route and use sigpatched sysNAND, I
None ever said they were lazy. Rednand in its current state is useless.
I'm really tired of people saying "Oh, we need to wait for salts stable tools, because this isn't stable and WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE!!!! OMG!!! WAIT FOR SALTS, it's not gonna be any more stable then this. We already have a perfectly stable redNAND.
Salt's iosuhax is well made and not just some lazy fork of a hack released at the beginning of the year. They made real tools and put much effort into it too. The has MLC shrinking so you only need 16 gb (even 8 can work) on a 32 gb console. They made a tool to install games and file browser with a nice gui. The current rednand requires you to find an illegal to sure tool to use. You shouldn't have to use illegal tools to install backups.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat