Hacking sigpatched sysNAND; and why you should use redNAND instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanTheMan827

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh shit didn't know that default title also dictates what homemenu is so yeah guess you are screwed then if you manage to install it without bricking
The only way I can think of is if the home menu title could still be launched from home-brew...

If that's the case you could check for the payload and load that or load the system menu title id if it doesn't exist...

If homebrew could detect a sigpatched system then it could technically break out of the reboot loop as well if you booted sigpatched sysNAND with coldboothax

KevinX8

Proud user of The Dark Theme
Trophies
XP
Country
Just thought of another bad thing about redNAND, its completely useless unless you keep backups and each one has to be 32GB/8GB and if you do manage to brick to fix your brick you would have to lose everything you have changed/installed since your last backup so you would have to keep regular backups amounting to a lot of wasted space

Billy Acuña

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Just thought of another bad thing about redNAND, its completely useless unless you keep backups and each one has to be 32GB/8GB and if you do manage to brick to fix your brick you would have to lose everything you have changed/installed since your last backup so you would have to keep regular backups amounting to a lot of wasted space
And what happens if you try the same thing on sysnand? Yes, you will have an unrecoverable brick ;)

Cava

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I agree with @iAqua redNAND is a way better solution instead of a sign patched sysNAND. If you brick the redNAND no problem you can restore back from a backup in no time. But if you brick the sysNAND you just screwed unless you can do hardmod the wii u.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
And what happens if you try the same thing on sysnand? Yes, you will have an unrecoverable brick ;)
So thats why you don't do anything stupid that has anything lower than a 90% chance of working hum

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I agree with @iAqua redNAND is a way better solution instead of a sign patched sysNAND. If you brick the redNAND no problem you can restore back from a backup in no time. But if you brick the sysNAND you just screwed unless you can do hardmod the wii u.
Just don't be an idiot and do something that you know will brick! and if you are unsure just don't do it until you are! simple!

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
Sysnand brick is unlikely.
You'll seem to forget that all you need is the Brazilian hack to brick your sysnand. The hack can install system titles and brick your console.
Actually you are refering to wup installer, even the OG one could install any title its just that a brazilian team revealed eshop game titles had very slightly different tickets than disc titles allowing us to mod the disk tickets for install as they are not console specific

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why should I waste 34GB of SD card space to install digital only and VC games on my Wii U?
SysNAND with sigpatches is fine for anyone looking to play digital only and VC games. They will not brick as long as that is all they do, It is not my problem if people try other stuff without asking here first on if it is safe.

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll still wait for a while. I'm in no rush. Emu/rednand, sysnand, whichever. Just whatever gives the best results with the least risk.

KevinX8

Trophies
XP
Country
I used RedNAND to see if I could do some pretty home menu mods.
well thanks to contenthax we know the content and meta folder are never checked for any title so if someone manages to make a theme with correct files and formating and such it should work on even pure sysNAND

cheuble

squid
Trophies
XP
Country
France
well thanks to contenthax we know the content and meta folder are never checked for any title so if someone manages to make a theme with correct files and formating and such it should work on even pure sysNAND
I wouldn't mess around with it tought

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described