Hacking Should I stick with firmware 1.0.0 on my switch?

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
If there isn't an eventual firmware downgrade tool, giving everyone access to 1.0.0. Assuming the 1.0.0 firmware has been ripped for those future downgrade methods.

Though someone will pay a top price for it in 2022, before upgrading it to 9.5.3 to play Mario and Sonic at the Beijing Olympics. B-)
Ok, you know nothing...

Reactions: pandavova

Kyuuketsuki

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes because you don't seem to be aware of the fuses within the Switch that prevent downgrading

Theoretically, when the custom firmwares arrive (ones that permanently install without the jig) it should be possible to downgrade to any firmware. Just like we've been able to do with the PSP, 3DS, Wii and PS3 in the past. The Switch should (hopefully) be no match for those who are actively hacking it's capabilities. B-)

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Theoretically, when the custom firmwares arrive (ones that permanently install without the jig) it should be possible to downgrade to any firmware. Just like we've been able to do with the PSP, 3DS, Wii and PS3 in the past. The Switch should (hopefully) be no match for those who are actively hacking it's capabilities. B-)
I'm not sure which is the bigger problem here. The fact that you don't understand we can't permanently install a CFW without the proper keys hence needing to reboot the exploit every time the Switch is turned off or the fact that the Switch will not turn on if it detects a firmware different than the number of fuses burnt

Reactions: Lacius

A Generic User

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah because it was so simple downgrading the PS3 as long as it was of a specific model and firmware and you could open the damn thing and flash it with a device that has to be purchased separately. As was downgrading the 3DS and Wii despite it being pointless now. Oh and they all involved going back to firmware 1, or "any firmware" for that matter. And the Switch is clearly the same as those consoles, and it's totally not the case that hackers lucked out this time just because of a hardware component of the Switch, that totally won't be a boundary to cross when newer revisions of the console don't have this bug.

Reactions: Draxzelex

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You could sell your 1.0.0 switch for twice the amount of a new one, at the least.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you insist on upgrading I'd dump the NAND at least to be safe from future regret.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You could sell your 1.0.0 switch for twice the amount of a new one, at the least.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If you insist on upgrading I'd dump the NAND at least to be safe from future regret.
I dont want to sell my 1.0.0 and dont want to upgrade. I looking for a rcm software mode whitout puyo and be able to install fakenews to do pegaswitch. Maybe whith a app of hbl can install it

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hahahaha you mixed two CFW. But no, xecuter force you to update, and i dont want that solution of CFW. I want a atmosphere solution.
No? Team Xecuter's modchip works on all firmware because its based on Fusee Gelee. One of the main differences between their CFW and Atmosphere is that they lack EmuNAND so you will have to update SysNAND using TX if you want to play online.
It should be possible with the Xecuter SX Pro to install the news right?
It is theoretically possible to install Fake News now if someone were to convert it into an .NRO or a payload.bin but no one has done that yet. It is possible that ReSwitched will do this for us after they release Atmosphere.

Last edited by Draxzelex,

HiSpange

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No? Team Xecuter's modchip works on all firmware because its based on Fusee Gelee. One of the main differences between their CFW and Atmosphere is that they lack EmuNAND so you will have to update SysNAND using TX if you want to play online.
It is theoretically possible to install Fake News now if someone were to convert it into an .NRO or a payload.bin but no one has done that yet. It is possible that ReSwitched will do this for us after they release Atmosphere.

Thank you

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you get tx license you must upgrade the horizon OS firm when you play some game whith higher firm required and lost the advantages of atmosphere. So... need to wait a solution of hbl in atmosphere...

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you get tx license you must upgrade the horizon OS firm when you play some game whith higher firm required and lost the advantages of atmosphere. So... need to wait a solution of hbl in atmosphere...
If you're referring to firmware spoofing, Atmosphere won't have that either. And the 1.0 softmod RCM can be used by both Atmosphere and TX's modchip, its not an exclusive benefit for Atmosphere.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you're referring to firmware spoofing, Atmosphere won't have that either. And the 1.0 softmod RCM can be used by both Atmosphere and TX's modchip, its not an exclusive benefit for Atmosphere.
I dont know that, vut i want a solution of atmosphere only :)

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
True because to use TX's modchip, you have to pay for it but someone from the community will end up reverse engineering the CFW for everyone else to use, or at the very least their backup launcher.
I want more the rcm entry point software XD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Coming.