Hacking Should I stick with firmware 1.0.0 on my switch?

D

Deleted User

No. Sell it or update. No point in staying don't listen to everyone else.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I dont gonna do it, but i wondering if another solution for fake news are in dev or exist
Thats extrange that a very usefull way to firms 1.0.0 doesnt arrive yet

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

A couple of days for atmosphere? I dont think so. But anyways... havent a way on software to install fake news whitouth puyo?
You don t need fake news, wait for the cfw and emunand

Coldboot is possible only on 1.0, maybe 2.0 too, but older is better

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Personally I'd find someone who was willing to pay an insane price for a 1.0 switch and then just buy a cheap one for myself.

I don't believe it's ever going to be a collectors piece, it is possible that for a time it will have a slightly more convenient way of loading homebrew.

My guess is that in a years time everyone will want mariko based switches and the current one will be as undesirable as the gamecube was when the wii came out.

Flawed comparison since mariko from what I've read is just an SoC revision, not a new console, even then the GC still has potential advantages over the Wii e.g. Gameboy Player.

I also don't see a reason why mariko would be desired unless there's something more to it e.g. Switch XL, new Switch.

From a homebrew perspective, the launch SoC would still be desirable until an equivalent or better exploit comes around for mariko.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Sell it or stay. Atmosphère is going to have emuNAND so your sysNAND can forever be kept on 1.0.0. Not to mention you get the slightly-higher-but-still-pretty-low chance of a coldboot hack.
Yeah, i agree whith that but im asking a way to do rcm on software way like puyo and dont need to do all the times the "jig solution"

You don t need fake news, wait for the cfw and emunand

Coldboot is possible only on 1.0, maybe 2.0 too, but older is better
Yeah, i agree whith that but im asking a way to do rcm on software way like puyo and dont need to do all the times the "jig solution"

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, thats what i m saying, with 1.0 you only need the jig once when the coldboot (exophere?) is done.
So, don t worry, 1.0 is the golden fw

Ericthegreat

Not New Member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I dont gonna do it, but i wondering if another solution for fake news are in dev or exist
Thats extrange that a very usefull way to firms 1.0.0 doesnt arrive yet

A couple of days for atmosphere? I dont think so. But anyways... havent a way on software to install fake news whitouth puyo?
You might be able to do it from rcm soon.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You might be able to do it from rcm soon.
Are developing the solution of install fake news to do pegaswitch?

Yeah, thats what i m saying, with 1.0 you only need the jig once when the coldboot (exophere?) is done.
So, don t worry, 1.0 is the golden fw
I think that you need once to install CFW,yeah, but if you turn off the switch you must go to put jig again and rcm mode and thats what im not want to... i want a rcm sofware mode... sorry for my bad english XDDD but thats what im looking for and a lot of people in 1.0.0 firm, undertand? :)

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I think that you need once to install CFW,yeah, but if you turn off the switch you must go to put jig again and rcm mode and thats what im not want to... i want a rcm sofware mode... sorry for my bad english XDDD but thats what im looking for and a lot of people in 1.0.0 firm, undertand?
If you want the highest, but still near impossible chance of coldboot, stay on 1.0.0.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
If you want the highest, but still near impossible chance of coldboot, stay on 1.0.0.
I dont want coolboot right now. Im just want pegaswitch whitouth using puyo. Installing fake news whith only using only one time jig for that, and then, have rcm in software way. And i dont know if already have a solution to change the puyo or not yet.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I dont want coolboot right now. Im just want pegaswitch whitouth using puyo. Installing fake news whith only using only one time jig for that, and then, have rcm in software way. And i dont know if already have a solution to change the puyo or not yet.
RCM the software way is only available on 1.0.0.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
RCM the software way is only available on 1.0.0.
Im on 1.0.0. But i dont have puyo and i want use only one time a jig to go on rcm mode and install fake news. Then i can do pegaswitch and have rcm mode in software mode and i can do it whitouth jig always i want to power on the switch.

lucks

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Forget about fake news, damn, if you have a cfw you don t need it!!!

As i said, you don t need a jig every boot, you use the jig once to install the boot exploit, this way you can turn off your switch and it will boot again in atmosphere with NO jig.

A cfw can run homebrews, and homebrew launcher.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Im on 1.0.0. But i dont have puyo and i want use only one time a jig to go on rcm mode and install fake news. Then i can do pegaswitch and have rcm mode in software mode and i can do it whitouth jig always i want to power on the switch.
You use the jig once to either install autoRCM (autoboot to CFW with a dongle) or Atmosphère's software only solution which has to be manually booted every time but no need for RCM after its initial installation.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland

As i said, you don t need a jig every boot, you use the jig once to install the boot exploit, this way you can turn off your switch and it will boot again in atmosphere with NO jig.

Im reading that coolboot

Thats a coolboot? That would be done for atmosphere release? I read that, for now, all firm need rcm and send payload to access on atmosphere in every boot. And maybe in the future coolboot

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
iirc 1.0.0 is one of the only firmwares which supports launching Atmosphere at boot without Fusee Gelee.
Yeah, but need puyo puyo and i dont have it for money and in my country doesnt arrive. Thats what im talking about, another way to do the software way whitouth puyo. Maybe "only once jig use" to install the fake news which have in puyo to do pegaswitch

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im reading that coolboot

Thats a coolboot? That would be done for atmosphere release? I read that, for now, all firm need rcm and send payload to access on atmosphere in every boot. And maybe in the future coolboot

Not without the proper keys to sign the CFW. The whole bootrom exploit tricks the Switch into thinking its running properly signed code when it really isn't. This lasts only as long as the Switch is powered on. Once its turned off, you would need to do the whole bootrom exploit again to trick the Switch. Of course, an easy alternative is to just let the thing stay in sleep mode.

Pimplom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
You use the jig once to either install autoRCM (autoboot to CFW with a dongle) or Atmosphère's software only solution which has to be manually booted every time but no need for RCM after its initial installation.
The software solution that you speak needs puyo puyo jap and "autorcm" was very dangerous right now. Thats why im talking about a solution of software way whitouth puyo and a only use of jig to install fake news

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...