Hardware Have I bricked my switch?

loofamai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I'm brand new to the switch scene, I brought a v1 switch off Facebook, it was running fine but only had 128gb SD card.

I wanted to upgrade it so was following instructions via a YouTube vid. I had backed up the partition and was ready to take out the SD card, I however did not power off through the menu as I was told by seller not to power off the system. I therefore held down the power button and the switch powered off and has since not been able to be powered on (black screen) tried all combinations of power and volume buttons to no avail.

Any ideas, I have the original dumps of the switch on a usb stick, if that helps.

Thanks and sorry for my stupidity,

JJO192

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi I'm brand new to the switch scene, I brought a v1 switch off Facebook, it was running fine but only had 128gb SD card.

I wanted to upgrade it so was following instructions via a YouTube vid. I had backed up the partition and was ready to take out the SD card, I however did not power off through the menu as I was told by seller not to power off the system. I therefore held down the power button and the switch powered off and has since not been able to be powered on (black screen) tried all combinations of power and volume buttons to no avail.

Any ideas, I have the original dumps of the switch on a usb stick, if that helps.

Thanks and sorry for my stupidity,
The seller likely has something called 'AutoRCM' installed on the system. This is not a bad thing and the blank screen is normal. 'AutoRCM' means you do not need what is referred to as a 'Jig'.

Basically, in a powered off state the switch needs a payload to be injected via the PC to re-enter Custom Firmware environments. So follow the below tutorial.

https://nh-server.github.io/switch-guide/user_guide/emummc/sending_payload/
'
When it states in 'RCM' mode, know it already is without the need for a 'Jig'.

If when you get to the part where your switch is plugged into your PC via the USB cable, but TegraRcmGui doesn't see the switch is connected, press power on you switch and make sure the program shows the switch is ready for the payload.

Last edited by JJO192,
Reactions: AQS

thesjaakspoiler

Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
Read up on how to use TegraRcmGui (PC), CrystalRCM (Mac) or Rekado (Android phone with USB OTG).
You need the inject the right version of the primary payload because injecting the latest version will not always work.

If you have a newer version of Atmosphere, then there should be a file called reboot_payload.bin in the Atmosphere folder.
As far as I know, this is the primary payload that you can use to inject as well.
When you download Atmosphere then this file is called fusee.bin.

Ethelbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
You can see this on Reddit etc. too.
Not sure who's more to blame.
The sellers who pretend a hacked Switch is magic.
Or the users who believe it.

I mean, don't turn the Switch off? Lol, what did the seller mean by that?
And what will happen when the Tinfoil shop they set up for you stops existing?

loofamai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the help, I managed to get it up and running for a minute to the main screen with albums, etc.

I then tried to put tinfoil on, it said an update was needed and wouldn't progress. I allowed it to update in flight mode.

I can now inject hetake, and takes to the main screen but if I either try to boot into either emummc (atnosphere) or sysmmc it goes black and back into RCM mode after a fraction of a second.

It says in my emummc settings (info and selection) x disabled!

I can't change the emummc because none of the partitions are selectable.

I'm like 14 hours in and dog tired please help.

Cheers

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol