Hacking About to wipe Switch - what to do?

musicman16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like the title says, I'm about to wipe my sysMMC with TegraExplorer's system wipe script. I felt like playing online again after two years of running only on my emummc offline. However, I'm not sure if I might have accidentally installed an app from homebrew on the sysnand and quickly deleted it, so i'm wiping it.

However, there's a problem. One time I disabled AutoNoGC to play some cartridge games on emunand, and since my stock firmware is lower than my emunand the cartridge reader no longer works (burned fuses?). I'm worried that the big N might notice this when I try updating. Never touched Nintendo servers since I started hacking it, but I'm worried that it might when I try playing online again.

So, the question is, should I try updating the stock firmware before resetting? Or should I just reset the switch and then update the stock firmware using the legit method?

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I would definitely reinstall stock OFW before the wipe, to make sure all the right fuses get burnt and bring your Switch up to speed/working order.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto