Ship of Harkinian (Ocarina of Time) Wii U Port

This is a port of Ship of Harkinian to the Wii U. Ship of Harkinian is a PC port of Ocarina of Time allowing you to enjoy the game with modern controls, widescreen, high-resolution, and other great features!
Check out the awesome project here!

Quick Start

• Requires a supported copy of the game (See supported games below).
The instructions below haven't been updated in a while. Join the official Discord for updated builds and support.

Releases:

1. Download the Khan Charlie 6.1.2 .zip from here or the #downloads channel on the official Discord.
  2. Download the PC OTRGui version from here.
  3. Use OTRGui to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC version, you can use that as well.
  4. Copy the oot.otr file to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Nightly Builds:
:!:
The nightly builds come with up-to-date features, but are experimental. Use at your own risk.
  1. Download the latest soh-wiiu and soh-windows artifact.
  2. Use OTRGui from the soh-windows.zip to create an oot.otr archive file. If you already have a oot.otr file for the latest PC nightly version, you can use that as well.
  3. Copy the oot.otr file and the contents of the soh-wiiu.zip to the wiiu/apps/soh/ folder on your SD Card.

Supported Games

Ocarina of Time Debug (not Master Quest)
Currently the recommended option
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:49:18` (year-month-day)
sha1: cee6bc3c2a634b41728f2af8da54d9bf8cc14099
Ocarina of Time PAL GameCube
May lead to crashes and instability
Code:
sha1: 0227d7c0074f2d0ac935631990da8ec5914597b4
Ocarina of Time Debug PAL GC MQ
Dungeons will be Master Quest
Code:
Build team: `zelda@srd022j`
Build date: `03-02-21 00:16:31` (year-month-day)
sha1: 079b855b943d6ad8bd1eb026c0ed169ecbdac7da (Produced by decomp)
sha1: 50bebedad9e0f10746a52b07239e47fa6c284d03 (Alternate)

:download:Download (Release Khan Charlie 6.1.2)
:arrow:Changelog
:download:Downloads (Nighly)
:arrow:Source code

TODO

Known bugs and issues

Let me know if there are any bugs or issues while playing the game. If these have not been reported yet, consider opening an issue on the GitHub repository.

Missing features​

• Three-point filtering
  • MSAA (pretty pointless on Wii U)
Credits

Last edited by GaryOderNichts,

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, i want to ask if is possible to add external mods in this port? more specific the HD textures and the SSBMelee character models.

prince_h

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Go to gamebanana,
find soh,
get some mods,
add them to a new folder inside the sd folder where your oot.otr file is located.

The folder should be called “mods”, Like this: sd\wiiu\apps\soh\mods\

Try out what works for you what not and gladly report here

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Go to gamebanana,
find soh,
get some mods,
add them to a new folder inside the sd folder where your oot.otr file is located.

The folder should be called “mods”, Like this: sd\wiiu\apps\soh\mods\

Try out what works for you what not and gladly report here
Indeed , they work! at least i only try all the melee resources from that page , the named "melee overhaul" from the user "PxExYxTxOxN".

1 - As you said you must create a "mods" folder inside the "soh" one and place all the files there
2 - Open the SOH game trought homebrew launcher if using "Tiramisu" or the direct menu access if you are in "Aroma"
3 - In the game press "-" to open the soh enhancement menu and in the gamepad select "Enchancements" ,then "Graphics" and enable "Use Alternate Assets" and thats it.

According to "Dave AR" (one of the creators of the incoming render 98 mod) to fix the deku stick crash, the game must read first the "reloaded.otr" mod if you have it, before the melee ones so you must rename it to something like "1reloaded.otr" or "AAAreloaded.otr" because the game load the mods in an alphabetical name order.

But yeah , i cannot upload images but the game works with mods as intended.

dekgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having yrouble with performance on the lastest version, seems laggy even at low internal resolution and 30fps. Older builds ran at 60 fps just fine

Any tips on how to improve performance? I'm thinking maybe there's a new feature or something that is causing the lag which can hopebully be turned off.

Also, I can confirm mods are working on Wii U.

tmnr1992

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having yrouble with performance on the lastest version, seems laggy even at low internal resolution and 30fps. Older builds ran at 60 fps just fine

Any tips on how to improve performance? I'm thinking maybe there's a new feature or something that is causing the lag which can hopebully be turned off.

I was never able to run the game at 60 fps in older versions. More recent versions can run at 60 fps, but the game struggles to maintain that framerate 90% of the time so I just leave it at 30 and I haven't had any issues. Maybe you can try creating the OTR file again using the latest version of SOH to see if that fixes your problem. Also some texture mods have a noticeable impact on performance, I tried a couple a while ago and the game ran significantly slower, even at 20 fps and 4:3 aspect ratio.

GaryOderNichts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Yeah, unfortunately performance got a lot worse over time with the new releases.
Unfortunately I don't have time to investigate this at the moment, but I assume some of the latest features had some impact on performance.

dekgear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Oh, that's a bummer. On the bright side, performance fixed itself ater a while for some reason (30fps/66 internal resolution) and got stable, even got the 3DS Link model mod to work really well. I'll try some UI mods next.

I was never able to run the game at 60 fps in older versions. More recent versions can run at 60 fps, but the game struggles to maintain that framerate 90% of the time so I just leave it at 30 and I haven't had any issues. Maybe you can try creating the OTR file again using the latest version of SOH to see if that fixes your problem. Also some texture mods have a noticeable impact on performance, I tried a couple a while ago and the game ran significantly slower, even at 20 fps and 4:3 aspect ratio.

I definitely had a build with very stable 60FPS (with a lowered internal resolution), I believe it was 7.1.1 or a slightly older build.

Also, yeah, some mods definitely caused additional lag, like the Melee overhaul mod one. Not unplayable but not smooth either.

TheJster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried playing some mods, but the game would crash and restart. Will the wii u port have mod support or is it a me thing. Im using the malon mod

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I dont know if this issue / enchancement has been added in any recent build of the port but, it really makes no sense to get the gamepad screen always on if its only a mirrored screen with no other use for the game ,like an always visible option screen or map or something else and there is no way to acces the Home menu to shut the screen off because pressing the home button close the game with no other choice and returns to the homebrew launcher.

In case someone wants to play without the gamepad and is using tiramisu i use the following metod:

1.- Pair a pro controller (or bluepair) on the wii u menu
2.- Open the Ship of harkinian once with the Gamepad to configure the desired enchancement options and map the pro controller in the input section
3.- Close the game and return to the Homebrew launcher menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.- Select and touch the Load option of the soh.prx
5.- Quikly press the Home button on the Gamepad meanwhile the load bar still exist
6.- If not yet, pair and / or turn on the Pro Controller
7.- Move the Gamepad to a safe location in which neither of the buttons get pressed to accidentally turn on the screen again.
8.- Using the Pro controller select underneath the Wii U GamePad Settings the Display Off.
9.- With the Pro controller select back and exit the home menu
10.- The load bar will continue to charge the prx
11.- Wait and play the game with the pro controller normally and the gamepad screen off
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The downside is that Pro controllers doesnt have giro aim options unlike the gamepad but is very functional otherwise
12.- If the gamepad gets awakened by accident ,there is no other way but repeating the steps
13.- Maybe the gamepad can be dispaired from the wii u if its signal get lost and then shut it down with its power button

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I dont know if this issue / enchancement has been added in any recent build of the port but, it really makes no sense to get the gamepad screen always on if its only a mirrored screen with no other use for the game ,like an always visible option screen or map or something else and there is no way to acces the Home menu to shut the screen off because pressing the home button close the game with no other choice and returns to the homebrew launcher.

In case someone wants to play without the gamepad and is using tiramisu i use the following metod:

1.- Pair a pro controller (or bluepair) on the wii u menu
2.- Open the Ship of harkinian once with the Gamepad to configure the desired enchancement options and map the pro controller in the input section
3.- Close the game and return to the Homebrew launcher menu.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
4.- Select and touch the Load option of the soh.prx
5.- Quikly press the Home button on the Gamepad meanwhile the load bar still exist
6.- If not yet, pair and / or turn on the Pro Controller
7.- Move the Gamepad to a safe location in which neither of the buttons get pressed to accidentally turn on the screen again.
8.- Using the Pro controller select underneath the Wii U GamePad Settings the Display Off.
9.- With the Pro controller select back and exit the home menu
10.- The load bar will continue to charge the prx
11.- Wait and play the game with the pro controller normally and the gamepad screen off
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The downside is that Pro controllers doesnt have giro aim options unlike the gamepad but is very functional otherwise
12.- If the gamepad gets awakened by accident ,there is no other way but repeating the steps
13.- Maybe the gamepad can be dispaired from the wii u if its signal get lost and then shut it down with its power button
Can you not just pull the battery out?

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
since on latest release you have Gyro, D-Pad items support, C-buttons, free camera, can someone suggest the best way to remap the wiiu gamepad or a pro controller to include all functions ?

also, what are the best settings to get a smooth 60fps ? i reduced all internal resolution to 50 and still get some lags

EDIT: I just read previous posts about latest releases not having a good performance. I will check the previous ones

Last edited by ArgoRV,

Dakangel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
since on latest release you have Gyro, D-Pad items support, C-buttons, free camera, can someone suggest the best way to remap the wiiu gamepad or a pro controller to include all functions ?

also, what are the best settings to get a smooth 60fps ? i reduced all internal resolution to 50 and still get some lags

This is my personal and very straightforward layout, similar to the Gamecube / Wii virtual console remap:

wiiuoot.png

PD: Gyroscope aim function only is supported with gamepad not with pro controller

Reactions: ArgoRV

patters

Trophies
XP
Country
I couldn't find information on how to extract the OTR using MacOS anywhere so I'm posting here to help others - hopefully it should show up in a web search at least. I had tried to run the OTRGui.exe tool in a Windows 10 Virtual Box VM but even that wouldn't work, it failed at the point it was trying to spawn the GUI.

You can simply use the macOS soh.app. When provided with the supported ROM it will generate the otr file at:
Code:
"/Users/myusername/Library/Application Support/com.shipofharkinian.soh/oot.otr"

EDIT - Make sure your Wii U and macOS builds are matched! The links in the first post of this thread are quite out of date now. Hope this helps. I can confirm this works fine with build Echo 8.0.4. The other noob trap is that the gamepad does not default to being mapped, so you need to press '-' to enter the controls menu with the gamepad stylus to fix that.

Last edited by patters,

ArgoRV

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
@GaryOderNichts since most of gamepads/controllers available have only 4 buttons on right side ABXY , and R Button is usually not mapped into the game controllers

is there a way to enable ABXY to work as c-buttons only when R button is being held? If R button is released, ABXY go back as they were mapped originally

<< Maybe an aroma plugin might do this for n64 titles >>

Last edited by ArgoRV,

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Just wanted to say thanks for this mod.
Just downloaded it and it works great. 60 fps is quite stuttering but 30 fps works fine :-)
Post automatically merged:

Silly question but is there a way to create shortcut on the Wii U "desktop" for this game? So I don't need to launch it through HB browser.

Last edited by KelSolaar,
Reactions: jul16ares

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto