Homebrew Share and Download custom Wii U Themes

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried the light blue theme. it seems to go well with the dark blue, dark theme of the vwii, that I'm using. I now have the location for these things memorized. :D:

20210817_085726.jpg

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't see it too well with the neek stuff in the way, but it's dark blue and dark:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-and-download-custom-wii-u-themes.592318/page-4#post-9554500

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

here's a better picture I took a while back:

View attachment 273317

I found your original post over here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/usa-mymenuify-themes-for-vwii.466516/#post-7217016

Looks like you made some improvements over the one linked. Can you please share? Thanks

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure all that happened, but this is how I installed the theme. it's far easier now, and without having to use wup server. I encountered no bricks or problems doing it this way. I'm not sure what you mean by improvements as it's been the same since I installed it. also, the push A to start the vwii image is different:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-custom-themes-in-vwii.476012/

simbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure all that happened, but this is how I installed the theme. it's far easier now, and without having to use wup server. I encountered no bricks or problems doing it this way. I'm not sure what you mean by improvements as it's been the same since I installed it. also, the push A to start the vwii image is different:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-installing-custom-themes-in-vwii.476012/

Oh, so you just used the CSM file from V0idst4r then? I found this updated guide: https://demo.hedgedoc.org/s/2mYWv0YvK#

I'm not really in a hurry or anything. I'll probably just wait and do both themes in one fell swoop.

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tried to install the purple theme and it's really cool!
I wanted to ask if it was normal that in the user selection window, the curved line is white (I highlighted this in the image).
Excuse me if I made English mistakes, but I am Italian.
Thanks in advance

Honestly, since I only have 1 user on my Wii U, this is a part of the system I straight up never see. I had no idea that white curved area existed. It's probably something I could change if I can locate that part. But I consider it pretty low priority at this point. If I do find it and it's a quick fix, I may go back and edit those I've already released, but for now you just have to deal with it, or find that part of the files yourself and edit it how you please.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so you just used the CSM file from V0idst4r then? I found this updated guide: https://demo.hedgedoc.org/s/2mYWv0YvK#

I'm not really in a hurry or anything. I'll probably just wait and do both themes in one fell swoop.

I think it was diddy81's theme mod pack that I used. I'm not sure how to do it now, but wup server I believe would require iosuhax, probably the fw.img specifically. it's not that complicated, but I don't remember much about it. plus, there are easier ways now.

Reactions: simbin

Manuel06p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for the reply!
Do not worry, it is really unimportant, I just wanted to report it, because I had guessed that probably you, if you had only one user, could not see it

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I decided to churn out another one before calling it a night, realizing that if I go after the light blue/cyan theme, it'd probably be the easiest theme to make as I can reuse a lot of the effects already in the official theme as well as maintain a few changes I had already made in the purple theme. This will probably be the quickest of the themes I'll be able to make which is why I figured I'd get this one done real quick, and I'm very pleased with my quick job here.

Screenshots:
KMG9ZQ0.png

eQdfcIG.png

Seems like this should have been the theme that all black Wii U's came with while the white Wii U's could keep the original theme lol. Anyway will probably do a Red variation on the dark theme next. But that one definitely wont drop until at least tomorrow. For now, download this link below (or on the first page).

Download Here
Immediately changing the purple one to this thank you!

Reactions: godreborn

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't see it too well with the neek stuff in the way, but it's dark blue and dark:

https://gbatemp.net/threads/share-and-download-custom-wii-u-themes.592318/page-4#post-9554500

here's a better picture I took a while back:

View attachment 273317
Same one I’ve been using for years. I use the lighter blue theme on my original wii and I like it.

Honestly, since I only have 1 user on my Wii U, this is a part of the system I straight up never see. I had no idea that white curved area existed. It's probably something I could change if I can locate that part. But I consider it pretty low priority at this point. If I do find it and it's a quick fix, I may go back and edit those I've already released, but for now you just have to deal with it, or find that part of the files yourself and edit it how you please.
I have noticed this as well although it doesn’t bother me. If fixed I’d be happy though take your time. I also noticed on the purple theme the folders have the blue highlight square instead of it matching with purple but also not a big deal. Thanks for your amazing efforts! This is absolutely amazing and if you find out more things I am all for making whatever we can dark themed lol

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having trouble getting this to work? I replaced the files in storage_mlc/sys/title/0050010/10040100/content/common/package and I hang on loading the main menu. I also used CBHC to boot into Homebrew Launcher and place my original files back, but now I still hang at the main menu.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone having trouble getting this to work? I replaced the files in storage_mlc/sys/title/0050010/10040100/content/common/package and I hang on loading the main menu. I also used CBHC to boot into Homebrew Launcher and place my original files back, but now I still hang at the main menu.

never had any issues myself, but it sounds like the files are corrupted on your system. did you check the byte size to see if they were identical? try the ftp server app by laf111. there's a homebrew launcher version. ftpii u everywhere has been known to have failed injections. the first theme I installed I used ftpii u everywhere. it took its sweet time. it didn't mess up for me though. however, I think @MikaDubbz said that what's happening to you happened to him. it's due to the files getting corrupted during the injection. the one by laf111 is much faster, and it's far less likely to happen. try injecting one of the themes, or the original one, using that ftp method.

ReveriePass

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
never had any issues myself, but it sounds like the files are corrupted on your system. did you check the byte size to see if they were identical? try the ftp server app by laf111. there's a homebrew launcher version. ftpii u everywhere has been known to have failed injections. the first theme I installed I used ftpii u everywhere. it took its sweet time. it didn't mess up for me though. however, I think @MikaDubbz said that what's happening to you happened to him. it's due to the files getting corrupted during the injection. the one by laf111 is much faster, and it's far less likely to happen. try injecting one of the themes, or the original one, using that ftp method.

That was it. Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: godreborn

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed this as well although it doesn’t bother me. If fixed I’d be happy though take your time. I also noticed on the purple theme the folders have the blue highlight square instead of it matching with purple but also not a big deal. Thanks for your amazing efforts! This is absolutely amazing and if you find out more things I am all for making whatever we can dark themed lol

I just checked this with the purple theme I released and I'm not finding this to be true. The selection glow around a title is purple like on the main screen. And if you mean the color on the top of the screen indicating what page you are on is different from the purple you see on the main screen, this is because this color at the top of the screen is reliant on what color you made the folder on your Wii U. If this is what you're talking about, change the color to purple and it will be closer to what the theme looks like normally outside of folders.

That was it. Thanks a bunch!
Very glad to hear that others that encounter that error are finding that they can still recover as long as they have CBHC. Just another reminder to anyone reading this thread, don't go permanent unless you have CBHC installed, and also make backups of the original mem.pack and mem2.pack files just to be all the more careful.

Powerful

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked this with the purple theme I released and I'm not finding this to be true. The selection glow around a title is purple like on the main screen. And if you mean the color on the top of the screen indicating what page you are on is different from the purple you see on the main screen, this is because this color at the top of the screen is reliant on what color you made the folder on your Wii U. If this is what you're talking about, change the color to purple and it will be closer to what the theme looks like normally outside of folders.

Very glad to hear that others that encounter that error are finding that they can still recover as long as they have CBHC. Just another reminder to anyone reading this thread, don't go permanent unless you have CBHC installed, and also make backups of the original mem.pack and mem2.pack files just to be all the more careful.
oh okay I see yes I was referring to the second part you mentioned I had no idea it was color based on the folder, Thank you for clarifying that, now I know!

MikaDubbz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tried to install the purple theme and it's really cool!
I wanted to ask if it was normal that in the user selection window, the curved line is white (I highlighted this in the image).
Excuse me if I made English mistakes, but I am Italian.
Thanks in advance
Located the issue and has now been fixed:
UhtRB5w.png

AhsIhA9.png

Download links have been updated on the other pages, but you can also download here.
Purple
Light Blue

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks, @MikaDubbz . I injected your new, light blue theme with the correction, and checked the user location. all perfect here. :D I downloaded the purple theme also and replaced the original on my hard drives. I'm keeping a record of all of your themes. I played the wii u today with the new, light blue theme, and I love it!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto