Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
@[member='Rydian']
Why aren't all these fucking games in black and white? I can't see colours so that means all games should be made in black and white

Reactions: 1 person

r3gR3t

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Back on topic, guys.
Hope they don´t change stuff the way they did in the DS FFIV remake, where they removed DK Cecil´s SoulEater ability and replaced it with a Darkness comand thinguie. That drove me away from the game. I've decided to give it another try now, starting tonight, but I hope they don't do that kind of stuff again :/

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
The entirety of FFIV was rebalanced. Party members, enemies, bosses, gameplay elements, the lot. The developers considered the ups and downs of the original game and tried to correct them with 20/20 hindsight. I read a Nintendo Power article about it. Frankly, I thought most/all of the changes were improvements.

Sadly changing anything about an established work is going to be seen as a bad thing by anyone who liked the original.

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
The artwork is a nice notice... but yeah the gradient is a minor thing.

Please, port it to anything other than the 3DS, people like me wouldn't enjoy 3D (because of a visual impairment I have). Playing it on the WiiU would be wonderful.
Personally , I am really mad at Nintendo for releasing the Game Boy Color.
In case you didn't know:
  • 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency. About 8% of men and 0.4% of women in the US.
  • 0.38% of women are deuteranomalous (around 95% of all color deficient women).
  • 0.005% of the population are totally colour blind.
  • 0.003% of the population have tritanopia.
  • Protanomaly occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranomaly occurs in about 5% of males. It's the most common color deficiency.
  • Protanopia occurs in about 1% of males.
  • Deuteranopia occurs in about 1% of males.
Colour blindness is a condition, where the sufferer has diminished ability to perceive differences in colours. Colour blindness is almost never a complete absence of colour vision, where an individual is only able to see shades of grey. Red/green colour blindness is the most common form, attributing to 99 percent of the cases and it is most commonly an inherited condition. There is no treatment for colour blindness, nor is it usually the cause of any significant disability. However it can be frustrating to individuals affected by it. About 8 percent of males have some level of colour blindness and for female the corresponding percentage is 0.4. Colour blindness is diagnosed with the Ishihara colour test, which consists of a series of pictures of coloured spots. The test is most often used to diagnose red/green colour deficiencies. A figure of one or more Arabic digits is embedded in the picture as a number of spots in a slightly different colour and can bee seen with a normal colour vision, but not with a colour defect.

The whole problem started in the 50's when movies began to be in color.
I mean how disrespectful is our society toward color blind people ?
Why does technology have to evolve all the time and bring advanced and more affordable electronics in our lives !
After all, 1 in 12 people have some sort of color deficiency, what did Nintendo do about them so far ! It's disgusting !
Oh yeah , I forgot, color blind people can't recognize colors in real life either, it doesn't make any difference........
Oh , yeah, people with bad vision in on eye have trouble with depth perception in real life as well.....but wait, just like you can turn off the colors on your fancy TV, it's been reported ( but not officially confirmed ) the those new 3D screens will have an option to be switched to 2D anytime.

What are you trying to tell me?

Wow.....what an honor, being quoted from a post I made almost 2 years ago lol...
I think, what I was trying to say then, before anybody had the chance to even take a look at a 3DS, is that is silly to complain about a particular feature.
It's sad that some people have some kind of problem that affects their depth perception therefore aren't able to enjoy stereoscopic 3D content on ANY platform, but criticizing a company for evolving from 2D to an OPTIONAL 3D is just as pointless as criticizing them for introducing COLOR in the GameBoy line as an even BIGGER percentage of the people have problems with color perception.

However, Rydian already did a better job then me while getting the point across... ;)

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The entirety of FFIV was rebalanced. Party members, enemies, bosses, gameplay elements, the lot. The developers considered the ups and downs of the original game and tried to correct them with 20/20 hindsight. I read a Nintendo Power article about it. Frankly, I thought most/all of the changes were improvements.

Sadly changing anything about an established work is going to be seen as a bad thing by anyone who liked the original.

While FF4 was a decent game overall,(never finished the gba version)in the nds version you can easily get 2 hit KO'd reguardless of your armour etc etc...

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
You weren't playing very well then. The game is meant to be harder than the original US version, but you can compensate using new strategies, and the augment system. Perhaps you didn't do much grinding?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So what can I tell all those people who say not to get a 3DS for that very reason (in the case, the inability to see the depth)?

"Enjoy not playing some quality games."

It's just silly to complain about it when some games actually enhance the visuals when not using 3D.

elgarta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is kinda dumb, but since they are remaking FFX, why don't they re-do FFVII to. I would love to play that game again wiht HD graphics

My understanding is that it would be easier to remake FFX because it is already in 3d where-as FFVII is partially 3d, so re-doing the graphics to be HD wouldnt be as big of a task :)

That said though, I am pretty sure that FF3/FF4 were re-build from the ground up when the 3D remakes were made. I like to think that FF6 would get the same treatment. The rendering that they could do to the models on the system would be amazing

Orbiting234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this is kinda dumb, but since they are remaking FFX, why don't they re-do FFVII to. I would love to play that game again wiht HD graphics

Easy. Because FFX is being ported to PS3, not remade. It's no different than any of the other easy PS2 to PS3 ports (Sly Collection, Ico/SotC, MGS HD, etc.). Meanwhile FF7 would still look like ass in high res if they did a straight port like that. A full remake would take tons of money.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: