Rumour: Nintendo Network in the works

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Reportedly, the Wii U is very developer friendly, so that takes care of that problem.

I haven't been following the Wii U but remember reading all sorts of development horror stories in the latter stages of last year (like this) Has that all been resolved? Or is it still being pushed out ASAP?

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reportedly, the Wii U is very developer friendly, so that takes care of that problem.

I haven't been following the Wii U but remember reading all sorts of development horror stories in the latter stages of last year (like this) Has that all been resolved? Or is it still being pushed out ASAP?

well seem that OLD you link to were fake for what the latest info says

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
well seem that OLD you link to were fake for what the latest info says

Nope you're wrong (and i don't understand how you missed that i said it was an old link and also Destructoid is a legitimate site). Seems that there were all sorts of problems last year.....this article from yesterday about those updated kits doesn't make them sound like they're properly finished which might prove a problem for games being developed for release early in the Wii U's launch window.

Anyhow it doesn't matter....we can only wait and see what happens.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There was a rumour several months back that the Wii U was hard to work with, the controller was a frustrating mess, and that Nintendo was desperately rushing out updates to try to fix all the problems. It came from that site... N01 was it? Anyway they had put out a legitimate leak earlier, so it had some credibility.

Nothing since then has supported that news in the least. Quite the opposite actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tl3HGOsAlx0

That's an interview with Vigil, the creators of Darksiders. They have Darksiders II queued up as a WIi U launch title.

If you don't want to watch it, I'll summarize the relevant bits. They claim that Nintendo has been very helpful so far, and their access to the dev kits and site was speedy. They say that the environment is about as easy to work with as the Xbox 360. And here's the good part. He explains all about how they ported all of Darksiders II to the console in 5 weeks, and then got the entire game streaming on the controller with 10 minutes and two lines of code.

I'll take the word of actual developers speaking their minds over some gaming site's "leaks".

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member='Midna']

The issue is distinguishing between the truth and the PR hype in that video. After all, if any problems did exist, I doubt that the employees would be allowed to complain publicly. That's not to say it's all lies, only that we have to take it with a grain of salt for now.

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Well with that logic we have to discredit the word of anyone who actually works with the console, suspecting them of bias, and only take the word of unverified news reports from anonymous sources.
That sounds like a good idea all right.

But I feel inclined to take David Adams' word for it here. If he was being pressured by Nintendo to only put out positive news, he would have to have been lying through his teeth for basically everything in that video. They gave a lot of specific details, particularly the timeframes they claim to have pulled some things off in.
That's nothing concrete though. Take it as you will.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did I ever say that the original reports were in any way more truthful or reliable? Nope.

And no, of course I don't imagine that Nintendo would somehow force them to lie through their teeth about anything. However, it stands to reason that a developer is not going to say anything negative about a valuable client providing them with kits for a console that could prove very successful. We just might not be getting the full story at the moment (Hence the "That's not to say it's all lies, only that we have to take it with a grain of salt for now," bit).

Midna

Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Did I ever say that the original reports were in any way more truthful or reliable? Nope.

And no, of course I don't imagine that Nintendo would somehow force them to lie through their teeth about anything. However, it stands to reason that a developer is not going to say anything negative about a valuable client providing them with kits for a console that could prove very successful. We just might not be getting the full story at the moment (Hence the "That's not to say it's all lies, only that we have to take it with a grain of salt for now," bit).
I'll agree with that.

Presto99

You slammin, bro?
Trophies
Website
https
XP
Country
United States
To be impatient, didn't the first post say there was some Nintendo conference today, the 26th? I haven't really heard anything about it...is it just later today? It'd be nice to know what they announce.

lizard81288

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It seems Nintendo Network has the power to put up Retail games and you can download them. This would be amazing if Nintendo did this. Nintendo hinted that they might do this. NN launches sometime next year IIRC.It is for both the 3DS & Wiiu.

Aside from that, it beefs up their online to compete with the others like PSN & LIVE, IIRC.

Tazer_Silverscar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To be impatient, didn't the first post say there was some Nintendo conference today
Really?
It seems Nintendo Network has the power to put up Retail games and you can download them.
I doubt the 3DS currently has the memory for retail games. However, obviously, with the development of SD memory cards, memory shouldn't be an issue. My only concern is that the games would take forever to download, if the speed of the download for the Resident Evil: Revelations demo is anything to go by. Of course, if Nintendo Network deals with those problems, it won't be an issue ^_^

NES SNES V.B. N64 G.C. Wii WiiU

Now with extra redundancy!
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems Nintendo Network has the power to put up Retail games and you can download them.
I doubt the 3DS currently has the memory for retail games. However, obviously, with the development of SD memory cards, memory shouldn't be an issue. My only concern is that the games would take forever to download, if the speed of the download for the Resident Evil: Revelations demo is anything to go by. Of course, if Nintendo Network deals with those problems, it won't be an issue ^_^
Download speed isn't that bad... Well unless your on my Internet connection :(
And yes SD cards are ever becoming less expensive for more storage... So memory isn't really an issue...

Tazer_Silverscar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Download speed isn't that bad... Well unless your on my Internet connection :(
And yes SD cards are ever becoming less expensive for more storage... So memory isn't really an issue...
Yeah, my Internet connection is pretty low too... and that's even though I'm using an ADSL connection...

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If you don't have a problem with downloads through XBox Live, the PSN, or even Steam, then I doubt there will be a problem downloading through the Nintendo Network. Maybe for the first couple of days when such access becomes available, but that is expected and experienced by the rest of them.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe nintendo chose to go with valve on having them set up the nn system. Also nintendo has mentioned their interest in releasing full retail games for download one issue would be that one must purchase a larger sd card and hopefully the 3ds might one day support sdxc cards for superior memory space. Too add to this nintendo planned on having an eshop app for iOS devices and most likely android devices too.

aburas

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just really hope nintendo finally gives the people what they want, Im just sick and tired of being jealous from ps3 and 360 users :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.