Hacking 3.55 TN-V11 Install Guide (No PS3 or Previous Hack Necessary) PS-TV or VITA

Procyone82

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all.
I've been trying to make this TNV11 working but without luck.
I've got green screen in Mimana then copy backup to PC (cma and qcma with reloading db) then back to Vita but nothings happening.
What can be wrong?
I've seen some video on yt and I noticed the difference when my Mimana is coming on I always have got this warning about backup on memory card that will be overwritten etc. is it OK?
I will try to make a video later and post.
Any advices are welcome.
B.R.
Procyone82

Last edited by Procyone82,

Jack_Sparrow

Ruthless Pirate
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.nintendo.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi all.
I've been trying to make this TNV11 working but without luck.
I've got green screen in Mimana then copy backup to PC (cma and qcma with reloading db) then back to Vita but nothings happening.
What can be wrong?
I've seen some video on yt and I noticed the difference when my Mimana is coming on I always have got this warning about backup on memory card that will be overwritten etc. is it OK?
I will try to make a video later and post.
Any advices are welcome.
B.R.
Procyone82
I have the same exact problem, i call @Voxel Studios to the stand

Reactions: Deleted User
D

Deleted User

I have the same exact problem, i call @Voxel Studios to the stand
Hmm... I've never actually pulled off the Mimina Lyar Cronicles exploit before (because I've never been on 3.55), but it could be something to do with the PBOOT not installing correctly. Did you try it multiple times? Because I saw a tutorial on YouTube saying you had to wait 3 seconds before going on to the next part of the options menu.

gotfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... I've never actually pulled off the Mimina Lyar Cronicles exploit before (because I've never been on 3.55), but it could be something to do with the PBOOT not installing correctly. Did you try it multiple times? Because I saw a tutorial on YouTube saying you had to wait 3 seconds before going on to the next part of the options menu.
I've managed to pull it off but I'm at a loss on how to add the emulators to it. I have Tn-v11 installed on my ps vita running 3.55 right now.

D

Deleted User

Do emulators still run terribly on TNV as of right now on 3.55? I cant even get mine to tranfer over and im wondering if its even worth the trouble at this point
Well, gPSP runs with absolutely no problem on my 3.15 Vita (I'm using TN-V as well). As for other emulators though, I think they still run too slow, especially the Daedalus N64 emulator which now has very minimal support on the project to this day.

In conclusion, it's well worth transferring gPSP onto TN-V, but for other emulators, I would say meh...

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright well here's an issue I keep having.

828969dfb1cd56c6771d3a0012e45fab.jpg

Every time I try to access the "memory stick" on TN-V it keeps giving me this weird blue wave thing and then doesn't load at all, forcing me to close the app. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than maybe just try to install TN-V again?

D

Deleted User

Every time I try to access the "memory stick" on TN-V it keeps giving me this weird blue wave thing and then doesn't load at all, forcing me to close the app. I'm not really sure what to do about it other than maybe just try to install TN-V again?
Have you tried re-installing the 6.60 files again?

D

Deleted User

Haha, all that did was cause this to happen.
889a6b92f9c369182353a1431ec80283.jpg

I'm attempting all of this on 3.55 vita firmware if that helps.
lol, that is just not normal! :blink:

See if you can uninstall all TN-V related stuff, then try installing it all again, like you said you might do.

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there by any chance a list of PSP homebrew compatible with TN-V anywhere? It'd be incredibly useful. Kind of curious is PSP Quake runs well or if there's any homebrew looking at. I was thinking about installing TN-V 3.55 earlier, but I realized PS1 games probably won't run like I want them to. However, I'm thinking twice considering the homebrew ports here.

gotfw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm having the exact same problem. Don't understand the point in releasing it for 3.55 if you can't even load homebrew on tn v11. Also ftp just dosen't seem to work at all in ark.

Zephyrrx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been in a funk. My PS Store doesn't seem to contain Mimana Iyer Chronicle no matter how I search for it or reiterate it. I probably already know the answer but can't I download it and then copy it over via CMA?

Cornholio309

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so I've been in a funk. My PS Store doesn't seem to contain Mimana Iyer Chronicle no matter how I search for it or reiterate it. I probably already know the answer but can't I download it and then copy it over via CMA?

From my understanding, you have to log onto the PSN store through your computer and buy the game there. It will then appear in your Vita's download list when you go into the Playstation Store. I believe PSN also has an option to automatically start downloading the content too.

Chary

Never sleeps
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
This was pretty easy to install, followed a video on Youtube, and TN-v11 read a PSP game I transfered on there. Now, I'm curious, since the OP says PS1 games aren't very stable, are there any little settings or such to make them run as well as they possibly can?

need2burn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to flame or anything, but I'd take anything this OP says with a grain of salt. A few years back, the same guy was taking things that others created (OPL, Free MCBoot, etc) and hex editing the credits out of the apps, claiming they were new "mods." He was laughed out of TiZ and assemblergames, plus some devs threatened to stop working on some PS2 homebrew solely because this guy was stealing their work and calling it his.

Here's a quote from a very well-known PS2 homebrew dev, krHACKen:

"Been working hard this month in adding game fixes to CUE2POPS and implementing a counterpart of that function in POPStarter. I was about to publish the package, when it comes to my attention that "yeshuachrist" made a bundle containing yet another hexhack of POPS-00001 and a stupidly hex edited CUE2POPS_2_0_DEBUG.EXE. Of course, the source code and the original readme aren't attached.

What are the modifications ?
fix_game = %d changed to fix_game = 1 (WTF ?)
The program name and the build date were replaced by "DRAGE AND DROP .CUE RENAME TO MYDUMB.BIN":dejection:
gap_less = %d changed to gap_less = 1 (WTF ?)

Nothing but sabotage. He brokes the debug info which now reports incorrect values and removed both version number and build date.

Read the posts of that guy and you'll learn that "Popstarter has compatibility issues it introduces, it better to avoid the buggy program.". Oh and "Those Compatibility lists are bad, period, and nobody is testing anything", so he made his very own list....

Read THIS (link removed) to see who's the "yeshuachrist" dude I'm talking about.

- POPStarter (the latest public build, r12) does NOT introduce compatibility issues. The only issue that was found can be fixed by using a retail BIOS. As the POC2 cannot run >137 GB, it's better to avoid the scumbag's package.
- This compatibility list (link removed) is directly related to POPStarter. I don't know how much false positive there are in it, but it's still better than any of the yeshuachrist shit.

I'm for sure too angry to make a decision between cancelling POPStarter and getting the hell out of the PS2 stuff. For now I prefer to simply delay the release of the new revision...

On a sidenote, yeshuachrist has pop'd out another FMCB build called "Super Soft Mod 2.0"... I don't know what it is, however it brings back bad memories."

Last edited by need2burn,

Zephyrrx15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From my understanding, you have to log onto the PSN store through your computer and buy the game there. It will then appear in your Vita's download list when you go into the Playstation Store. I believe PSN also has an option to automatically start downloading the content too.

Yes! Thank you so much I actually figured that out last night after going through the PS Store on my PC. I appreciate the advice nonetheless as I'm sure it will help others who are in the same predicament that I was.

obs123194

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was pretty easy to install, followed a video on Youtube, and TN-v11 read a PSP game I transfered on there. Now, I'm curious, since the OP says PS1 games aren't very stable, are there any little settings or such to make them run as well as they possibly can?
what youtube video did you use?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit