Hacking Rock band 2 DLC tools.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Im using the method of download through my PC not Wii, question am i surpossed to use the DLC Generation 1 Tools or DLC Generation 2 Tools, or both. I dont under stand why there is 2 included??

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
lettuce said:
Im using the method of download through my PC not Wii, question am i surpossed to use the DLC Generation 1 Tools or DLC Generation 2 Tools, or both. I dont under stand why there is 2 included??

Yes to get most of the games you need to run both gen 1 and 2. They are different because they have different tickets. They are also stored in seperate folders.
For the pc method dlc to work you must be able to run the game from the disc channel.
You have 3 options: original, modchip, or cioscorp (minimum ios 37 and sysmenu ios (30 or 60)).

The reason I say most games is that right now not all of the gen 2 songs will decrypt.
It looks to me that there are about 55 dlc songs that are downloaded but not decrypted.

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for the shop error, I've received that before I modified anything on my Wii when Rock Band 2 first came out.
When I've gotten it, I've simply retried the download. It always works for me the second or third time. But do know that I can verify this error also occurred when I purchased legit content months and months back. It's like it drops my connection or times out or something. Nothing new, and at least for me, not something that only happens with the tools.

So if it happens, just retry. Or go to another song and come back to the one giving the error. Both methods have worked for me.

abimaeljunior

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello

I found a solution for use without the redownload from Music Store (I have the problem with "out of date"), sorry for my english:

1. You need to use a Disc, don't work for USB Loader (I have D2CKey, so, not original Disk. 4.0U by Waninkoko)
2. If you have tried anything before, uninstall the two WADs for RB2 (SZAE and SZBE), all files in SD Card (DLC previous installed, in private folder), and the DLC Save File, via Wii Menu (not the save game, the DLC save).
3. Install the IOS37, from RawkSD Patcher
4. Via RB2_DLC_Manager.exe, put in SD Card: 1 DLC for SZAE and one DLC for SZBE
5. Install SZAE e SZBE Wads in Wii (2 times, until the error: -1017)
6. Use RawkSD Installer which enables the custom songs
7. Put other songs via PC in your SD Card.
7. Ready to rock

I do not know if I do something unnecessary, just know that it worked for me.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
abimaeljunior said:
Hello

I found a solution for use without the redownload from Music Store (I have the problem with "out of date"), sorry for my english:

1. You need to use a Disc, don't work for USB Loader (I have D2CKey, so, not original Disk. 4.0U by Waninkoko)
2. If you have tried anything before, uninstall the two WADs for RB2 (SZAE and SZBE), all files in SD Card (DLC previous installed, in private folder), and the DLC Save File, via Wii Menu (not the save game, the DLC save).
3. Install the IOS37, from RawkSD Patcher
4. Via RB2_DLC_Manager.exe, put in SD Card: 1 DLC for SZAE and one DLC for SZBE
5. Install SZAE e SZBE Wads in Wii (2 times, until the error: -1017)
6. Use RawkSD Installer which enables the custom songs
7. Put other songs via PC in your SD Card.
7. Ready to rock

I do not know if I do something unnecessary, just know that it worked for me.

Yep we already figured that out.

If you get the -1017 error on the first try it doesn't need to be reinstalled. If you get the ret -1 error then you must uninstall then reinstall.

There's no need for rawksd installer for DLC only for customs.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basa said:
DLC works without modchip ? in softmodded console only ?

Soft or hard modded. Look back a page or two. If you still don't get it post a request for help here.

basa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sorry , my english really poor i read all topic but too many technical things few pages back (im noob)
smile.gif
i needed only simple answer. Thanks for reply.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
basa said:
Sorry , my english really poor i read all topic but too many technical things few pages back (im noob)
smile.gif
i needed only simple answer. Thanks for reply.

No problem.

Skizzo

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tw3nz0r said:
mestapho said:
Is there a fix for the out of date error?

No, of course not. Because thc24O doesn't do his own work, he just steals from others. If you can't get his crappy stolen hacks working, you're shit outta luck. Sorry.
Well if he 'just steals from others', then they aren't 'his crappy stolen hacks', are they? Sounds like you're just a tad bit jealous you're not getting the limelight. You sit here talking all sorts of shit, but what have you put on the table? Unless and until you can do it better, perhaps you should just STFU? And if you're just another one of those "I've got the tools but I'm not releasing them...blah...blah...blah..." types, then you should definitely just STFU.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Version 2 - PC download - No need to download from RB2 shop.

Rock Band 2 DLC tools - Version 2

Requirements:

Homebrew ready hard or soft modded wii.

This method only works with disc loading (original or backup) from the disc channel.

USB loaders will not work with this method

There are three ways to do this:

1. original retail disc 2. backup with a chipped wii 3. backup with cioscorp

With cioscorp you only need ciosbugfix37.wad and the cios for your sys. menu (ios30 for 3.x and ios60 for 4.x)

RB2 only recognizes SD cards not SDHC. (there are methods for tricking RB2 to work with 4gb cards though)

Once you meet those requirements follow this guide for DLC:

You will follow these instructions (steps 5-13) twice, once for gen 1 and once for gen 2.

1. Download the gen 1 and gen 2 tools.

2. Put your SD card in your PC and move/copy the "Rock Band 2 WAD Installer" folder (Unlock All RB2/Rock Band 2 WAD
Installer) to the apps folder of your SD card and the "XYZZY" folder from the download (Advanced DLC Download/XYZZY) to
the apps folder in the root of your SD card.

3. Put the SD card back into your wii and load "xyzzy" through the homebrew channel.

4 Take the SD card out of wii and put it back in your PC.

5. Find the keys.txt file on the root of your SD card that "xyzzy" created. Open this and find your console ID
it is an 8 digit alpha numeric code.

6. Open ng_id.txt and copy and paste your console id here. Save and close ng_id.txt.

7. Open Start.bat and type "wget -i list.txt" -this will download all the files for every DLC under the sZAE/sZBE titles.

8. When this stops you will then type: "decrypter", this decrypts the files and creates .app files

9. When this stops you will then type: "wadpacker 1 0" -this will create title.wad

10. Rename "title.wad" to "sZAE.wad" for gen 1 , and "sZBE.wad" for gen 2.

11. When this stops you will then type: "wadpacker 0 999" -this will create .bin files from the .app files.

12. You will now have a new "title.wad" that is big (3-5gb depending on gen 1 or 2) that you can delete.

13. The .bin files are the finished DLC files. move these files into a folder, create wherever you want, named
sZAE for gen 1 DLC and sZBE for gen 2 DLC. ie: DLC/sZAE and DLC/sZBE

THESE STEPS YOU WILL ONLY DO ONCE

14. Copy "sZAE.wad" and "sZBE.wad" from step 10 into the WAD folder on the root of your SD card.

15. Put your SD card back into your wii and load the RB WAD-installer (that was in the DLC tools download) from the
Homebrew channel.

16. Load the sZAE and sZBE wads. YOU WANT TO GET A -1017 ERROR
It is likely that one or both wad installations will not result in a -1017 error, but a ret -1 error, on the first
attempt. You will need to uninstall that wad and then reinstall it. This second install should result in a -1017
error. If not, then uninstall/reinstall until it does.

17. Exit the homebrew channel and load your RB2 disc. Go into the music store and all DLC should be marked as
purchased now. If it isn't, then one or both of the wads didn't install correctly. Go back to step 15.

YOU ARE NOW READY TO ADD DLC TO YOUR SD CARD.

18. Put your SD card back into your PC and open up the RB2_DLC_Manager.exe from either DLC_Generation folder.
You may want to move this app to a more convenient location.

19. Click file - "redefine collection path" and direct it to the DLC folder on your PC from step 13.

20. Click "Refresh DLC Collection". This should populate the lower "DLC Collection" window in the app with all of the
DLC files.

21. Click "Detect SD Drive". You should see a message on the bottom of the apps window that says
"SD Card automatically detected successfully. If you don't get this message you will need to click file -
Manually Define SD Path. Then direct it to your SD card.

22. Click "copy" in the operation area on the bottom right of the DLC Manager window. This will keep the DLC on your
PC when you add it to your SD card.

23. If you already have a private folder on your SD card you should move it to your PC, because the DLC Manager
will create a new folder for your DLC. NOTE: I'm not sure how this will effect GH DLC.

24. Just double click any songs you want to move to your SD card. Or highlight the song and click "Copy All/Selected DLC"
button.

25. When you're done adding songs put your SD card back into your WII and they should show up and play!!

NOTES:
Not all of the files from Gen 2 are decrypted, there appear to be about 55 songs that don't decrypt. It's a bug in the program.

USB loading may be fixed when cios rev14 is released by Waninkoko. It's the cios that break the DLC for this method.

USB loading works fine if you use version 1 and download the songs from the RB2 Store.

Don't hesitate to note any errors in the guide and I will update accordingly.

L_E

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got everything to work perfect, but, after downloading a few songs, i can't download anymore.

I download a song that's already "Purchased", and it goes thru the whole process of downloading and moving to the SD card. Where it's done though, it still only says "Purchased" and i can't play the song. It's as if i never downloaded it at all. Why is that?

BRYAN4D

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the 2 wad method work for 4.1U? Coz i had to backup the nand on my wii....so then i updated to 4.1U. I tried the 2 WAD method and all songs say purchased but when i try to download a song i get kicked out of Music Store and it says to try again in a couple of hours and gives me an error code. The error code is 204702 and when i go to check on support.nintendo.com it says that the wii shop channel might be down for maintenance, but it is not.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BRYAN4D said:
Does the 2 wad method work for 4.1U? Coz i had to backup the nand on my wii....so then i updated to 4.1U. I tried the 2 WAD method and all songs say purchased but when i try to download a song i get kicked out of Music Store and it says to try again in a couple of hours and gives me an error code. The error code is 204702 and when i go to check on support.nintendo.com it says that the wii shop channel might be down for maintenance, but it is not.

Run the rawksd patcher. It can be found in the download from the first page of the rawksd thread.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
honeypa said:
Is there a difference between generation 1 tools and generation 2 tools?

Yes. The gen 1 tools are for the sZAE titled DLC and the gen 2 tools are for the sZBE title DLC.

mestapho

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
L_E said:
I got everything to work perfect, but, after downloading a few songs, i can't download anymore.

I download a song that's already "Purchased", and it goes thru the whole process of downloading and moving to the SD card. Where it's done though, it still only says "Purchased" and i can't play the song. It's as if i never downloaded it at all. Why is that?

Have you checked with the RB2 DLC manager to see if the song is on your SD card?
Are you sure you have enough available memory to download the song?

fubka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you have a NAND backup before using the v1 and v2 harry ballsagna RB2 tools. I got an error on my purchased DLC, said to that their was some type of error, and to redownload even though it has been purchased, went to the RB store, it was not marked as purchased. Payed around forever with it. Only fix was to use my NAND backup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: